Wiki Posts
Search

Air Japan

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2023, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Air Japan

I am looking to book a fight in business and am considering via United and ANA. However, the flight from Tokyo to SIN is on Air Japan. I can find shockingly little about them online, but I can't tell what the seating configuration is. Is Air Japan lie flat? Google flights indicates it is, but when I go to air japan's website there is no reference to their seat.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Lake_Hood
I am looking to book a fight in business and am considering via United and ANA. However, the flight from Tokyo to SIN is on Air Japan. I can find shockingly little about them online, but I can't tell what the seating configuration is. Is Air Japan lie flat? Google flights indicates it is, but when I go to air japan's website there is no reference to their seat.
Air Japan is a subsidiary of ANA that operates flights for ANA much like United Express does, it just is not regional operations for Air Japan. If you want to see the config of the plane type, you have to look at the main ANA fleet, it will be the same. At the moment I believe Air Japan is operating 787-8 and 787-9 for ANA, there was also 767s at a point, but I am not sure if they are still around. But you will not really feel any difference in the inflight experience between ANA operated flight and Air Japan operated ANA flights. The flight attendants have a slightly different scarf, and the flight crew tend to be not Japanese.

Not before too long, Air Japan will also start to operate the new mid to long haul LCC that ANA is starting, which will be in an all economy layout. So that's when the confusion will start. Is it an ANA flight operated by Air Japan, or an Air Japan LCC flight. But I would not expect the ANA flight number to be on the LCC flights, but time will tell.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Air Japan is a subsidiary of ANA that operates flights for ANA much like United Express does, it just is not regional operations for Air Japan. If you want to see the config of the plane type, you have to look at the main ANA fleet, it will be the same. At the moment I believe Air Japan is operating 787-8 and 787-9 for ANA, there was also 767s at a point, but I am not sure if they are still around. But you will not really feel any difference in the inflight experience between ANA operated flight and Air Japan operated ANA flights. The flight attendants have a slightly different scarf, and the flight crew tend to be not Japanese.

Not before too long, Air Japan will also start to operate the new mid to long haul LCC that ANA is starting, which will be in an all economy layout. So that's when the confusion will start. Is it an ANA flight operated by Air Japan, or an Air Japan LCC flight. But I would not expect the ANA flight number to be on the LCC flights, but time will tell.
Fantastic - its a 787 on a business class ticket with a NH flight number. It says plane and crew operated by Air Japan, so I guess I will assume an ANA plane? Thanks!
Old Sep 5, 2023, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Lake_Hood
Fantastic - its a 787 on a business class ticket with a NH flight number. It says plane and crew operated by Air Japan, so I guess I will assume an ANA plane?
Yes, I flew from HND to BKK earlier this year on an "operated by Air Japan" flight and everything was still branded "ANA" (including the plane). There was no difference from our previous "ANA" ticketed flight.
SBABKO likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.