Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US west coast-Europe redemptions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2023, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

US west coast-Europe redemptions

I understand that NH miles are very difficult/expensive to use, esp. on its own flights via Japan.

However, if I want to use my NH miles on redeeming a round trip in J from the US west coast (SFO, LAX, SEA) to Europe, what are my best bets?

Do AC, LH, OS, and LX ever release seats to NH's FFP?

Thank you.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
I understand that NH miles are very difficult/expensive to use, esp. on its own flights via Japan.

However, if I want to use my NH miles on redeeming a round trip in J from the US west coast (SFO, LAX, SEA) to Europe, what are my best bets?

Do AC, LH, OS, and LX ever release seats to NH's FFP?

Thank you.
​​​​​​
Yes of course they do, they release seats to NH to the same extent that they do to all other Star Alliance programs. There is not a specific pool of seats for each airline's FFP.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 11:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
​​​​​​
Yes of course they do, they release seats to NH to the same extent that they do to all other Star Alliance programs. There is not a specific pool of seats for each airline's FFP.
I think OP is trying to figure out an easier way to redeem his/her ANA miles, since the U.S.- Japan routes are difficult, if not impossible, to find availability. So, the real question is, is it easier to redeem ANA miles for premium cabin from U.S. West coast to Europe?
Barkinpark likes this.

Last edited by Mama; Jun 13, 2023 at 2:42 am
Old Jun 13, 2023, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mama
I think OP is trying to figure out an easier way to redeem his/her ANA miles, since the U.S.- Japan routes are difficult, if not impossible, to find availability. So, the real question is, is it easier to redeem ANA miles for premium cabin from U.S. West coast to Europe?
@Mama, you are correct. Thanks for the clarification.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
@Mama, you are correct. Thanks for the clarification.
It does make life easier, as you could fly Lufthansa one way and Air Canada another. By throwing Air Canada in to the mix, I would assume that you generally don't mind a connection, and thus your options get quite wide in going US West Coast to Europe. Whereas once you say US West Coast to Japan on ANA it is a pretty narrow field to search from. I'd use United to search, still needs to be saver awards, once you find it, book online with ANA. The ANA search engine is a bit clunky to work with for wide searches.
Barkinpark likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.