Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Haneda terminal 2 international section will re-open in July 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2023, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold

Let's hope this reduces the crowding in T3 too.

https://www.anahd.co.jp/group/pr/202305/20230522.html
Old May 22, 2023, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
5 flights from 8:55 to 13:20 is probably not going to do much for the general crowding in T3, but I guess the NH212 passengers will get a greatly improved lounge experience.

Hopefully they get some more flights moved over. But with only 3 dedicated international gates there are limits to the number of flights. And it is not like ANA has an abundance of domestic gates to give up the 5 dual use gates for much of the busy times of the day until the new extentions of T2 are done.

But every bit helps a little bit.
spicymochi likes this.
Old May 22, 2023, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer

But every bit helps a little bit.
Agreed. Hopefully this will reduce crowding in the T3 ANA Lounge in the morning.
Old May 22, 2023, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
Agreed. Hopefully this will reduce crowding in the T3 ANA Lounge in the morning.
The T3 ANA lounges might be the best place to see the effect of this move.
Old May 22, 2023, 8:56 am

How is passport control at HND for arrivals in the 13:00 to 14:00 timeframe? (A couple of months ago at NRT, it took well over 30 minutes due to a very long queue.)
Old May 24, 2023, 12:06 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K , Marriot Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
How is passport control at HND for arrivals in the 13:00 to 14:00 timeframe? (A couple of months ago at NRT, it took well over 30 minutes due to a very long queue.)
When I was there in mid March it was the worst I had seen it in 6 years. Took me over an hour to clear immigration. Ofcourse the bags were already off the carousel by the time I got out. Japan barely checks anything at customs in the 14 years I have been going.
In August 2022 from landing to stepping outside it was a grand total of 45 minutes.
In March 2023 from landing to stepping outside it was almost 2 hours
sfvoyage and Mama like this.
Old May 25, 2023, 4:46 pm

Hope long wait will reduced once new section opens up. I am planning to be this winter, so hoping everything will be nice by then!
Old May 25, 2023, 5:00 pm

Programs: United 1K; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Theres a thread in the japan forum about this, but it seems to be very hit or miss. I flew through HND mid april and took less than 15 minutes to clear. Others have said 2-3x that.
sfvoyage likes this.
Old May 25, 2023, 11:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 1200GS
Theres a thread in the japan forum about this, but it seems to be very hit or miss. I flew through HND mid april and took less than 15 minutes to clear. Others have said 2-3x that.
It all depends on how many flights and how many passengers arrivals on the day and the time of the day.
Old May 26, 2023, 12:47 am

Seems like I’ll be on one of those flights soon

From the wording “国内最大級の広さの国際線出発ラウンジもご利用いただけるほか“ seems like the lounge will also be reopened. But is it the also case for their suite lounge? Also they say they have a arrival lounge in T2, but the information are very vague, I can’t find it in Google/Apple map and they don’t really say clearly where it is in their website, any idea if it will open as well?

Any idea how the arrival counterpart (which should be: NH860, 852, 212, 970, 854) works, they should arrive at 1700-2000, maybe they are specifically chosen because both the departure flights and arrival flights are close together so they don’t need to open it for long? Or maybe weirdly the arrival flight will still go to T3?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.