Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK ANA Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2023, 10:01 am
Original Poster

JFK ANA Business Class Lounge

Does anyone know the current situation for JFK ANA Terminal 7 and if there is an accessible departure business class lounge? Heading out on NH 109 and i cant seem to find any info on ANAs website.
Old May 17, 2023, 12:11 pm

Used the lounge in February, ask the check in agent for a map they gave me a paper one with a lounge pass. Its to the left of the TSA and up some escalators if I recall
Old May 17, 2023, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks.

was it worth a stop?
Old May 17, 2023, 3:55 pm

It makes do. If your looking for something out of this world then no, but for pretty basic standard food and drinks then yeah go wild. Not much decor but theres a ton of seat space when I went around 8ish.
Old May 17, 2023, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Across from the Alaska lounge. Formerly the BA lounge.

​​​​​​The lounge will be a mix of paid patrons and those qualifying based on airline and ticketed cabin.
Old May 25, 2023, 4:06 pm

Programs: SQ - Gold; HHonors - Silver
I've seen mixed messages about showers being open in the lounge. It seems like the showers may be closed during the 2am departure, but they are open during the earlier departures (at least for the LOT flight, it seems?) Can anyone traveling on the 2am (NH159) flight confirm if the shower IS or IS NOT open? I'm planning to fly out in September on the 2am and am thinking about going to JFK "early" to visit the TWA Poolbar. There's no shower at the Poolbar, so I'd prefer to not board my transpac flight fully chlorinated! Thx!
Old May 25, 2023, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Ended up going to the lounge in JFK. Food was limited with the one main being curry chicken in rice. It was a place to sit if arriving early but mostly forgettable.
global_b likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 12:47 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
The lounge at JFK is indeed crappy. It was crowded and TV was blasting some afternoon talk show. Food was not much better. I flew AS last month and their lounge at least had some character and coffee barista and some local craft beer that add some nice touches. Also security at JFK T7 consistently sucks, no TSA pre-check line, just the pre-check lite, and those new 3D scanners took forever, at least 20-30s per tray. If it wasn't for the superior NH J seat and service, I'd be flying UA out of EWR.

Pics taken after boarding was called

Hot food consisted of: rice, Japanese chicken curry, pasta, and grilled or stir fried veggies
Repooc17, EpsilonZer0 and joejones like this.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 6:28 am

Programs: United Premier 1K , Marriot Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
It reminds me of the Lufthansa Senator lounge at Munich, very dark and sterile. A few steps above a prison cafeteria. I can see why ANA doesnt put their name on it.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by global_b
I've seen mixed messages about showers being open in the lounge. It seems like the showers may be closed during the 2am departure, but they are open during the earlier departures (at least for the LOT flight, it seems?) Can anyone traveling on the 2am (NH159) flight confirm if the shower IS or IS NOT open? I'm planning to fly out in September on the 2am and am thinking about going to JFK "early" to visit the TWA Poolbar. There's no shower at the Poolbar, so I'd prefer to not board my transpac flight fully chlorinated! Thx!
I'm also interested in figuring out whether the lounge's showers are open for the 2 am NH159 departure. Anyone know?
Old Aug 31, 2023, 9:51 pm

Flying F from JFK>HND in Feb. Are you able to access any other lounge at JFK or would you be stuck in T7?
Old Aug 31, 2023, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by petrified1
Flying F from JFK>HND in Feb. Are you able to access any other lounge at JFK or would you be stuck in T7?
Your boarding pass allows you access to any terminal in JFK, as far as I know. The disadvantage is that the terminals are not connected airside, so you'd need to pass a TSA check point twice. JFK is not famous for the selection of Star Alliance lounges, the Lufthansa lounges get a lot of flak, Turkish seem to have lounge as well and then Air India, but I have heard nothing about the last two.

Opening hours in relation to the NH flight can also be an issue
petrified1 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 11:13 am

Programs: Asiana Diamond Plus, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Your boarding pass allows you access to any terminal in JFK, as far as I know. The disadvantage is that the terminals are not connected airside, so you'd need to pass a TSA check point twice. JFK is not famous for the selection of Star Alliance lounges, the Lufthansa lounges get a lot of flak, Turkish seem to have lounge as well and then Air India, but I have heard nothing about the last two.

Opening hours in relation to the NH flight can also be an issue
In my experience, Terminal 1 is the lone exception for trying to gain access when flying from a different terminal.

I’ve tried several times to get into 1 with no luck. The Senator Lounge was ok, but the shower wasn’t the best. While small, I found the Turkish to be fine, although a bit crowded when I was there. Air India is quite small, often crowded and not worth traveling from a different terminal in my opinion.
petrified1 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 4:57 pm

Programs: SQ - Gold; HHonors - Silver
Originally Posted by techtwink
I'm also interested in figuring out whether the lounge's showers are open for the 2 am NH159 departure. Anyone know?
Just took this flight and I can confirm that the shower is closed at this time. It was blocked off and when I asked about it, I got an answer that was effectively "I don't know about the shower".

But it was an ok place to spend an hour before the flight, so not too bad.
techtwink likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by global_b
Just took this flight and I can confirm that the shower is closed at this time. It was blocked off and when I asked about it, I got an answer that was effectively "I don't know about the shower".

But it was an ok place to spend an hour before the flight, so not too bad.
Is there food (preferably hot) this late in the night or only snacks? TIA

Last edited by iVel; Sep 24, 2023 at 10:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.