Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

How long did it take you to transfer Amex MR to ANA airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2023, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

I initiated a points transfer from Amex MR to ANA airline this morning. Could anyone share your recent experience on how long it took you to receive the points in the ANA account after initiating the transfer?

Thanks.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 12:46 pm
Suspended

Expect at least 3 days to show up in your ANA account. By then, the available business/first class award you found will most likely be gone. Some people transfer the MR first, then search ANA for business/first class award ticket, thinking it would be easy, most of these people regret it. They ended up with ANA miles with a expiration date on them, and can't trasfer back to MR.

Last edited by Mama; Feb 18, 2023 at 9:46 pm
Old Feb 18, 2023, 12:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
For me the miles have consistently shown up day 2 in the morning (pacific time) when I get up. The day when the transfer is initiated is day 0.
suwillow likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 2:42 pm

Programs: ANA Pt
Feb 14th 5pm transfer, in account Feb 16th 8 am.
suwillow likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 6:13 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
2 days for me too.
suwillow likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the response. I am kind of nervous now since I have found some tickets for my route and hopefully they would still be available when my points arrive.

I've heard that ANA has pretty generous policy on changing the dates on the award tickets whenever needed. Have you taken advantage of the changing policy to avoid points expiration?
Old Nov 14, 2023, 6:58 am

I initiated the transfer on the evening of Sunday, November 12 which arrived in my ANA account on Tuesday, November 14 at 6:30 a.m.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 9:28 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriot (via SPG) Lifetime Gold
I also transferred points on Sunday, Nov 12, and the points were in my account the following Tuesday morning. Not sure when they actually arrived. US west coast time.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 4:40 pm
Suspended

I initiated my transfer on Saturday night and the points arrived on the following Tuesday morning (I checked my ANA account 3 times a day).

Last edited by AfterHour; Nov 15, 2023 at 5:29 pm
Old Nov 14, 2023, 9:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
I transferred points from AMEX MR to ANA last Thursday night. The ANA miles were available to use in my ANA account on Saturday morning. I'm in the United States, Central Time Zone.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 6:26 am

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
A few years ago it seemed to take 3 days.

My recent transfer took 2 days.

OP, NH inventory for Business and First awards goes QUICKLY!
AfterHour likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 5:13 pm

Same here. Transferred on Tuesday night and were in my account today (Thursday) morning.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 5:56 pm
Suspended

I still don't understand why the points transfer to ANA can't be done instantly (or within a few minutes). Some other airlines are done instantly.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by AfterHour
I still don't understand why the points transfer to ANA can't be done instantly (or within a few minutes). Some other airlines are done instantly.
The setup of the system links between the two partners. Probably amex and ANA does not have a direct idoc link, and there are some manual/semi-manual processing and validation steps.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 4:38 pm

Earlier this year, I submitted the transfer at 5/1 at 4pm ET and when I checked on 5/3 at 8am, the miles were there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.