Wiki Posts
Search

NH 102 "Subject to Governmental Approval"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

NH 102 "Subject to Governmental Approval"

Hoping to get some insight on this:

I have a flight booked next May with the first leg of the return being NH102 from HND to IAD.

This is a reward booked via Aeroplan. Out of curiosity I pulled up my booking on the ANA website and under the first leg of the return there is a notice that says "Subject to Governmental Approval". This is not present on the Air Canada website.

I was just wondering how likely it is that this route may not be flown by May 2023? These are J awards so not so easy to rebook.

In addition on the ANA website this route is currently suspended and looks like it will be resumed October 30th. However the frequency is Wed/Thurs/Sun and my booking is for a Tuesday. The route doesn't show up when I search for the date on the ANA website- but does show up when I use google flights. In addition the governmental approval information didn't show up when first booked back in June.

Am I boned by booking a route that might not exist?

Last edited by sameruval; Sep 22, 2022 at 2:12 pm Reason: Additional info re: google flights
Old Sep 22, 2022, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by sameruval
Hoping to get some insight on this:

I have a flight booked next May with the first leg of the return being NH102 from HND to IAD.

This is a reward booked via Aeroplan. Out of curiosity I pulled up my booking on the ANA website and under the first leg of the return there is a notice that says "Subject to Governmental Approval". This is not present on the Air Canada website.

I was just wondering how likely it is that this route may not be flown by May 2023? These are J awards so not so easy to rebook.

In addition on the ANA website this route is currently suspended and looks like it will be resumed October 30th. However the frequency is Wed/Thurs/Sun and my booking is for a Tuesday. The route doesn't show up when I search for the date on the ANA website- but does show up when I use google flights. In addition the governmental approval information didn't show up when first booked back in June.

Am I boned by booking a route that might not exist?
Well, considering the Japanese government just announced the resumption of visa-free travel, and the removal the daily entry cap starting October 11 2022; I don't think this is anything you have to worry about at this point.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pgsanta
Well, considering the Japanese government just announced the resumption of visa-free travel, and the removal the daily entry cap starting October 11 2022; I don't think this is anything you have to worry about at this point.
That's my hope.

My other hope is that when it resumes they switch to a 777 with the room
Stratoliner777 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.