Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Award Travel : Waitlisted in Business or Premium Economy has a better chance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2022, 2:27 am
Original Poster

My husband is booked on award flights from LAX-BKK-LAX in mid December.

His situation right now is that he has been confirmed in Premium Economy on 3 segments:

LAX-HND

BKK-NRT

NRT-LAX

And waitlisted in Business on HND-BKK (he is the only one waitlisted in Business).

I don’t mind if it’s Business or Premium Economy and I am wondering which one has a better chance to get cleared and confirmed.

When I talked to a reservation agent, she said that Business has more availability than Premium Economy that’s why I decided to have him waitlisted in Business.

Also, my 2yo daughter and I are booked on the same flights in Premium Economy, will they take this into consideration? as we will be traveling together
Old Aug 16, 2022, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
At least it is only one leg that needs to clear. But it does kind of need to clear for the ticket to be issued. You may be able to skip the leg, and issue it as an open jaw, and get a cash one way leg. Though check the price carefully before doing anything, as the one way ticket may be prohibitively expensive. And check the open jaw rules, I might not be the full expert there.....
kelkan likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
At least it is only one leg that needs to clear. But it does kind of need to clear for the ticket to be issued. You may be able to skip the leg, and issue it as an open jaw, and get a cash one way leg. Though check the price carefully before doing anything, as the one way ticket may be prohibitively expensive. And check the open jaw rules, I might not be the full expert there.....
Thank you!
I was thinking about that option too but the price is very expensive, $1700, not to mention the taxes for award tickets — adding up to $2000 which is almost the same price that I paid for my own ticket.

There is actually one seat available in Economy for award ticket. Maybe I should consider taking it? It is just frustrating not to be able to plan anything much when one of the legs is still not confirmed
Old Aug 17, 2022, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by kelkan
Thank you!
I was thinking about that option too but the price is very expensive, $1700, not to mention the taxes for award tickets — adding up to $2000 which is almost the same price that I paid for my own ticket.

There is actually one seat available in Economy for award ticket. Maybe I should consider taking it? It is just frustrating not to be able to plan anything much when one of the legs is still not confirmed
I'd suggest taking what you can if you need to use the points. It's highly unlikely waitlisted spots get cleared, and when they do it's usually within 14 days of departure.
kelkan likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 3:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pgsanta
I'd suggest taking what you can if you need to use the points. It's highly unlikely waitlisted spots get cleared, and when they do it's usually within 14 days of departure.

Thank you!

It’s too late now. Just when I thought about changing it, that one last Economy seat was taken 😔
I really hope my husband can get cleared, otherwise, the whole plan will be messed up.

P.S. this is my very first time with ANA. I should have known that this is the way ANA do with award tickets before I bought my tickets and booked award tickets for my husband, so I could have planned better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.