Wiki Posts
Search

LAX questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2022, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
LAX questions

I am booked on the 1:20am departure out of LAX in J, just want to get some info. Does anyone know when ANA generally starts airport check in? Polaris lounge closes at 10:30pm and I wonder how much time I'd have there (given that I'd need to check in at TBIT then walk 20min to T7); that's one of the things I'm looking forward to the most, along with the potential to try The Room.

In terms of seat selection for the current 789, are any seats more likely to be converted to a preferred solo seat on the new 77W, should that come back to the route?
Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
The NH website says check-in counters open 3 hours before departure, so unfortunately you'll be out of luck for the Polaris lounge unless you can somehow get a mobile BP.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:34 pm

There's also the Star Alliance Lounge in TBIT you can access. KAL lounge with Priority Pass, and also the Centurion Lounge with Amex Plat.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
In my experience some airlines check in before the stated 3 hours, so was wondering if anyone had in-person DP.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: United MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,
My experience with ANA at LAX (as recently as seven weeks ago) is that they are quite precise in their opening times.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by MarkNoThanks
There's also the Star Alliance Lounge in TBIT you can access. KAL lounge with Priority Pass, and also the Centurion Lounge with Amex Plat.
I thought kal left priority pas. Did they rejoin?
Old Aug 8, 2022, 9:18 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
I took the 1:20 am departure this July ( 4 weeks ago) form LAX to Haneda. I was in First, I arrived at LAX - 3:15 hours before departure, and to my surprise there were lines for economy and business and even in F. I was the 3rd person in the F line. They opened at precisely 10:20 PM. The Star Alliance lounge was open (The AMEX Centurion had already closed. I had access to the F section which is just a simple room attached to the business lounge. The F section had a small buffet and I was offered a menu a la carte with several choices - all I ordered was a Shrimp Cocktail that was good. I was the only passenger in in the F lounge (Three passengers on F) I peeked into the business lounge and there was a larger buffet setup and was busy, but not crowded. Do not count on them opening before departure. Also - though I tried, I was not able to check in online and get a boarding pass. They are still doing manual verification of documents and vaccine cards.
italdesign likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by littledoggie747
I thought kal left priority pas. Did they rejoin?
They have not, nor do I think there are plans to do so.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by 45garth
My experience with ANA at LAX (as recently as seven weeks ago) is that they are quite precise in their opening times.
Had a flight at 12:50 AM the next day and tried to check in at 9:50 AM. They wouldn’t let me. The counters open up precisely 3 hours before your flight.

Had to leave the airport and come back later
Old Sep 5, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: UA1K
I am in the TBIT every several months. On each occasion, I have walked passed the KAL Lounge and each time the sign in the front states that they are not honoring PP. Whether or not this is permanent, I can't tell. YMMV.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 1:59 pm

If I have a 12:50AM flight and there’s also a 4:50PM flight the previous day, is there any chance I could check in bags when the checkin counter is open for the 4:50PM flight? I’m arriving to LAX on a positioning flight around 2PM and would like to avoid hanging out with the bags all day until 9:50PM.

Last edited by CoffeeTraveler; Sep 8, 2022 at 9:11 pm Reason: Typo
Old Sep 9, 2022, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by CoffeeTraveler
If I have a 12:50AM flight and there’s also a 4:50PM flight the previous day, is there any chance I could check in bags when the checkin counter is open for the 4:50PM flight? I’m arriving to LAX on a positioning flight around 2PM and would like to avoid hanging out with the bags all day until 9:50PM.
If EK017's post correctly, the answer is no.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by dkc192
If EK017's post correctly, the answer is no.
Oh well. I wonder if renting a car might be cheaper than the bag storage services near the airport. We’ll surely find something to do.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by CoffeeTraveler
Oh well. I wonder if renting a car might be cheaper than the bag storage services near the airport. We’ll surely find something to do.
Sadly they are extremely particular about that. They will not check your bags until the appropriate time. I had wanted to check in early so I could review several lounges but it didn’t happen. You’d be best off just renting a car or just sitting for several hours in the pre security area. There are restaurants to get food and drinks from. They did start to let us line up at 9 PM and I think they started to let us check in at 9:40 PM
Old Sep 11, 2022, 12:48 pm

<deleted>

<deleted>

Last edited by resedafly; Sep 15, 2022 at 9:24 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.