Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

How to cancel an ANA award when the USA res line says wait times exceed 120 minutes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to cancel an ANA award when the USA res line says wait times exceed 120 minutes?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:52 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The question kind of says it all. If I go to an airport that ANA flies out of, can/will this be handled by an agent there?

It doesn't appear that I can cancel online even if I am willing to pay the 3,000 mile fee. Also, I can't find any availability for the flights/class I want during the times I can travel in the next 355 days.

Thanks in advance for any useful advice!

P.S. Kind of amusingly, they say the reason for the long wait time is the war in Ukraine.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Jul 13, 2022 at 2:04 pm
Old Jul 13, 2022, 3:15 pm

What number are you calling?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:25 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by daisydog123
What number are you calling?
There were two US numbers given, I can't find them just now, but one was a US toll-free and the other a US regular number. I chose the toll-free (figuring that if ANA was paying for the call, there might be a slight priority). I have no status with ANA and being Star gold doesn't seem to matter.

Despite getting the "120+ minute wait" message, I hung on and it was answered 45 minutes later. I was able to get my refund, so my problem is now resolved. But I am not a happy camper going forward, although as a result I still have a bunch of ANA points to use up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.