Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Couldn't get boarding pass online?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Couldn't get boarding pass online?

I flew IAH-LAX this morning on United so I could get on LAX-NRT on ANA. I was looking forward to spending time in the Polaris lounge but didn't have my boarding pass. I trucked all the way to the international LAX terminal and found that the ANA check-in counter wasn't even open. I looked it up and now I know they don't open until 3 hours before departure.

Was there any way for me to have gotten the boarding pass online? Is it because they want to verify travel documents to make sure you're able to enter Japan (or your final destination) before issuing a boarding pass?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by alany611
I flew IAH-LAX this morning on United so I could get on LAX-NRT on ANA. I was looking forward to spending time in the Polaris lounge but didn't have my boarding pass. I trucked all the way to the international LAX terminal and found that the ANA check-in counter wasn't even open. I looked it up and now I know they don't open until 3 hours before departure.

Was there any way for me to have gotten the boarding pass online? Is it because they want to verify travel documents to make sure you're able to enter Japan (or your final destination) before issuing a boarding pass?
Assuming this was the same ticket, I'd think the UA reps at IAH checkin could have done it for you. But if you skipped the check in counter entirely because of OLCI for the IAH-LAX leg, then that's unfortunate.

I haven't flown NH internationally since pre-COVID, but used to be UA had zero problems issuing NH boarding passes. Assume you also tried the same at the Polaris lounge and they couldn't access it, or at least let you in until the NH counter opened? It would have been clear to them at that point that you're on an international J ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.