Wiki Posts
Search

Son Flying Alone to Europe on ANA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2021, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Son Flying Alone to Europe on ANA

Hi,

My son will be flying by himself next summer to Europe in Y class, flying from SFO to HND to FRA on ANA. He is going on his senior graduation trip, and his flight leaves one day before his 18th birthday and he lands in both HND and FRA on the day of his 18th birthday. Is there anything we should prepare, like a letter of consent? Will he face any issues in immigration on arrival to Europe? Finally do we need to accompany him to checkin or no (we’re based in LA).

thanks!
Old Nov 26, 2021, 11:32 am
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by fremontflyer
Hi,

My son will be flying by himself next summer to Europe in Y class, flying from SFO to HND to FRA on ANA. He is going on his senior graduation trip, and his flight leaves one day before his 18th birthday and he lands in both HND and FRA on the day of his 18th birthday. Is there anything we should prepare, like a letter of consent? Will he face any issues in immigration on arrival to Europe? Finally do we need to accompany him to checkin or no (we’re based in LA).

thanks!
Nope, nothing. The only time a letter of consent is recommended is when one parent is flying with a child somewhere internationally without the other parent. The one thing I would say is if he is planning on transiting HND and not entering the country that is fine. Currently there is much speculation here as to whether tourists will be allowed into the country next Spring or later. He can check in alone, and upon arrival will be able to fend for himself without issue.
fremontflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.