Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NH005 "The Suite"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2021, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

NH005 "The Suite"

So I was checking out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH8P...5Yc9JgHleVjGOZ and noticed that his LAX to NRT J seats were "The Room". I checked with the video poster and he had confirmed to me that he took NH005; however, when I check my upcoming flight in Sep it shows NH005 as a typical, non-upgraded flight.

Were there some temporary programs going on to have these new seat configurations to be tested?

I'm very curious
Old Feb 22, 2021, 1:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
It's probably unlikely permanent, but oh wow would I be excited if it was.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kishiwada
It's probably unlikely permanent, but oh wow would I be excited if it was.
Right? I saw another video again about NH005 using "the Suite" - flew around the same time as the other video. I can only wish, but it doesn't matter either way - I've been to Japan several times and have taken Y seats every time. Only reason why I'd like the new F configuration is because I travel with my wife and the suite has a wider window between seats.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 3:20 pm

Programs: JMB, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Unlikely, as those are likely assigned to LAX for operational reasons. There's nothing new to "test" with the cabin refurb. Those frames will likely return to their old JFK/LHR/FRA routes when VFR travel to Japan is possible again for the masses.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 5:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by spicymochi
Right? I saw another video again about NH005 using "the Suite" - flew around the same time as the other video. I can only wish, but it doesn't matter either way - I've been to Japan several times and have taken Y seats every time. Only reason why I'd like the new F configuration is because I travel with my wife and the suite has a wider window between seats.
I've been saving for F from LAX/SFO for 2023 or 2024. I talked to my boyfriend about going via LHR but it looks like I will end up going by myself in 2026 or so, because my boyfriend has advised that as nice as the F seats looks he doesn't really want to spend up to 20 hours in transit to Japan. Fair, but he's going to really miss out!
O Sora likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 5:57 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Flew NH metal LAX to NRT several weeks ago in the new F on the 777-300ER. Great hard product and massive TV screen. But I must say, their new J looked great too! It’s actually physically a wider seat than even F!
Old Feb 27, 2021, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ainternational
Flew NH metal LAX to NRT several weeks ago in the new F on the 777-300ER. Great hard product and massive TV screen. But I must say, their new J looked great too! It’s actually physically a wider seat than even F!
The seat is wider., but you practically only need and use the width when sleeping, as you need to sleep at an angle to make the seat long enough to stretch out.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Apr 7, 2021 at 4:15 pm
Old Apr 7, 2021, 4:13 pm

It was The Suite/Room for a while (I flew HND-LAX in the Suite in February) - then it changed back to the older craft - and for the moment it appears to be Suite/Room again... was about to fly it this weekend but ended up routing a little differently. As CPH-Flyer has pointed out, only the NY flights can likely be counted on now to change for now (and even then circumstances could dictate a change if there were a problem).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.