Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA new destinations and Haneda services starting in S20

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2019, 7:58 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by good_karma
Same scenario as well. ANA business class award flight for 2 in June from IAD>SIN originally through NRT. Got the email notice of NH 1 changing to HND which made the connection for NRT>SIN only 45 minutes. I challenge anyone to successfully make that connection. Called ANA and while I forget the exact terminology used, I think they had to put a request in to corporate, they ultimately opened up award space for us on HND>SIN later that day. It originally showed as waitlisted and "cleared" about 5 days later when the email came through. Then we had about 48 hours to call in and confirm. Overall, very pleased with the way ANA handled the entire situation.
With which airline did you make your award booking? i.e. Was it originally booked directly with NH?
Old Dec 9, 2019, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by 1984SW
With which airline did you make your award booking? i.e. Was it originally booked directly with NH?
Booked with NH.....taking advantage of roughly 42 hours of business class flights for 105,000 amex points each
drewguy likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
Originally Posted by ainternational
Woohoo! Finally!!!

But is SFO summer only then for certain?
Email from ANA Mileage Club this morning announcing new Haneda non-stops had the following footnote - "Reservations and ticket sales for the San Francisco route will be announced in the near future."

HND-SFO is scheduled to start service in Summer 2020 - I am planning a trip in June 2020 and would prefer to fly this route. Has anyone heard when this route schedule will be finalized/announced for Summer 2020? Or what is the apparent hold-up?
Old Dec 12, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by nycua1k
Connection out of HND is horrible. I base out of Seattle half the year so I’m thinking about moving to JAL. Hopefully they’ll approve my status match.
Yeah, HND is superior for O/D in Tokyo, but unless ANA and other *A add more intra-Asia to HND (or move them from NRT) this change will be a major downgrade for passengers connecting in Tokyo.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 8:07 am

ANA new flight Stockholm - Tokyo, ticket sale?

Hi,
Read news in november that ANA will start flying direct flights from Stockholm to Tokyo next summer (2020), with tickets on sale from mid-December.

Have not recieved any updated news after that however. How would likely ANA present when the tickets have been opened for sale? I is way into december now but could find no direct flight tickets by ANA so far...
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
No info. Keep checking ANA website and this forum

Mods, please merge this thread to the existing one above.

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/internat...newroute/2020/

Haneda⇒ Stockholm
Route scheduled to launch during the 2020 summer flight schedule. Details to be announced as soon as they have been decided.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 5:32 pm

Wasn’t there already SFO-HND? What has changed for that route?
Old Dec 19, 2019, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by binatang
Wasn’t there already SFO-HND? What has changed for that route?
United flew SFO HND, and you could get an NH codeshare on that. But the new thing is NH metal on the route.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: Air Canada A35K, Bonvoy Platinum
Hi everyone, I have a reservation for summer 2020 booked via Air Canada Aeroplan redemption that includes several AC flights from the east to west coast, followed by NH 117 from SEA to HND. This flight was originally NH 177 from SEA to NRT but was changed.

I'm still seeing "subject to government approval" when I go to manage my seat selection on ANA's website and a similar "flight changed" notification when I go to manage it on Air Canada's website. As a result I can't access seat selection for either ANA or Air Canada. I'd like to make sure my seat choices are confirmed well in advance.

I should note that my return flight (JAL HND - ORD, originally NRT - ORD, booked via Alaska redemption) originally showed something similar but has since sorted itself out and I can now access seat selection, which has me believe that the "government approval" has been completed and shouldn't be showing on my ANA booking anymore...

I would call Aeroplan/Air Canada but their phone lines are still hanging up on people because of the Amadeus migration...

Anyways, anyone else have a similar message on their ANA bookings or is there something wrong with mine?
Old Dec 20, 2019, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The subject to government approval while true is mainly semantic. The approval will come and you should not worry. It is just a a process thing.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The subject to government approval while true is mainly semantic. The approval will come and you should not worry. It is just a a process thing.
I have kept checking for tickets ARN-HND for the past days flying off in July but still only suggestions going through Frankfurt... I would suggest it is mid-December now but maybe they postpone it for another couple of weeks?

Would ANA share the news when they eventually release the tickets you think?
Old Dec 21, 2019, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fannys
I have kept checking for tickets ARN-HND for the past days flying off in July but still only suggestions going through Frankfurt... I would suggest it is mid-December now but maybe they postpone it for another couple of weeks?

Would ANA share the news when they eventually release the tickets you think?
I doubt the delay on releasing ARN for booking is due to government approval. Probably more scheduling of aircraft and staff, getting a base setup. A number practical steps to get ready to open a completely new country.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Dec 22, 2019 at 11:17 am
Old Dec 22, 2019, 11:15 am

Makes sense. Not sure how prompt ANA would inform on this though. I noticed my ANA club newsletter was turned off so I turned it on. Maybe they will put it in there?
Old Dec 23, 2019, 10:50 pm

Hmm still waiting for NH to announce details of SFO-HND. Originally mentioned mid Dec for details, but that has come and gone
Old Dec 28, 2019, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by dcoaster
Hmm still waiting for NH to announce details of SFO-HND. Originally mentioned mid Dec for details, but that has come and gone
Seems awfully quiet regarding this, habu heard nothing either...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.