Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award availability in F

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2020, 4:51 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
For anyone interested it look like 2021 summer season NH will be running a 777-300 to MUC. Which comes with the old F seats. Looks like there is a lot of availability.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 11:03 am

Programs: United Premier Platinum
Does NH have an established pattern of releasing most/all unpurchased F inventory to award partners a certain number of hours prior to departure? A bit surprised that I cannot book F for NH11 this upcoming Friday with UA miles when the cabin seems pretty wide open...
Old Dec 13, 2020, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by mcrw00
Does NH have an established pattern of releasing most/all unpurchased F inventory to award partners a certain number of hours prior to departure? A bit surprised that I cannot book F for NH11 this upcoming Friday with UA miles when the cabin seems pretty wide open...
No, they generally don't release the whole cabin, Before the pandemic, they would generally release any extra seats about two weeks out.

But they are very happy to fly with empty seats to keep the exclusivity of the cabin.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 3:47 pm

Programs: United Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Before the pandemic, they would generally release any extra seats about two weeks out.
Are they releasing fewer seats during COVID, perhaps to maintain F as a truly socially-distant cabin?
Old Dec 13, 2020, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by mcrw00
Are they releasing fewer seats during COVID, perhaps to maintain F as a truly socially-distant cabin?
It seems that they still release two seats when the calendar opens. So that appears business as usual.

Any releases beyond that has never had an exact pattern. So it is difficult to say whether they release less now.
mcrw00 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 1:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It seems that they still release two seats when the calendar opens. So that appears business as usual.
Yeah, I just booked an NRT-SFO leg in F, and there's still another seat available. FWIW, October and November 2021 have wide open F availability between SFO and NRT/HND. Basically every date option I looked at had openings on at least one of the flight, most had both.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I'm looking at F x2 for 2023 onward with AP. That being said, I'm also considering just buying business class outright and asking for an upgrade to first at the desk. Does this actually work with the more expensive fares or is it a rarity? With only 2 seats going to awards, depending on the departure city, shouldn't that leave a few seats open for upgrade?
Old Jan 2, 2021, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kishiwada
I'm looking at F x2 for 2023 onward with AP. That being said, I'm also considering just buying business class outright and asking for an upgrade to first at the desk. Does this actually work with the more expensive fares or is it a rarity? With only 2 seats going to awards, depending on the departure city, shouldn't that leave a few seats open for upgrade?
As in asking for a free upgrade? LOL. Good luck on that one. If you want to fly F, plan on buying F.
roberto99 and Yoshi212 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 4:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by SFO777
As in asking for a free upgrade? LOL. Good luck on that one. If you want to fly F, plan on buying F.
Fair enough. It's interesting that if you purchase the second tier of business class tickets through ANA, it does say you are able to get an upgrade. I'm sure they probably mean paying the cost difference to F seats at the airport though.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 7:15 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC Sapphire, Asiana Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Hyatt Globalist
The “upgrade able to first” entry on a fare refers to the ability to upgrade using miles or upgrade points.

The only time I’ve heard of anyone being upgraded to F for free is when a friend got upgraded because J was overbooked. Seeing as ANA even during non-pandemic times had a relatively open J, I would rate that as a once in a lifetime sort of ordeal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.