Search

ANA first class upgrade inventory question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Talking ANA first class upgrade inventory question

Hi folks,

I have a SFO-NRT flight booked into C code which should be eligible for request upgrade in multiple ways. I have did some research but couldn't find one that compare priority of different method.

The options I have:
1. GPU since I am an UA 1K flyer, and this should be the most cost effective way in my opinion (No seat available to upgrade currently)
2. Use UA mile request *A upgrade award (No seat available to upgrade currently)
3. Use 40k ANA mile request upgrade (waitlist)

The question here is: do all above method clear into same inventory (probably O in this case)? Which may have a better chance? ANA website said you can check with check-in counter if your waitlisted upgrade does not cleared in advance, is that means it get better chance?

BTW: my depart date is Dec 22nd, I understand it's a peak travel season but still want give it a try (6 F available currently).

Thanks for any input here
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:40 pm

Programs: ANA Pt
All upgrades would be O inventory; I'd use ANA miles to waitlist as the best option. United options can't be waitlisted and ANA Pt and Diamond members have waitlist priority. Probably 7 unbooked seats currently since 1A is always blocked. Good luck!
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by synergypi
All upgrades would be O inventory; I'd use ANA miles to waitlist as the best option. United options can't be waitlisted and ANA Pt and Diamond members have waitlist priority. Probably 7 unbooked seats currently since 1A is always blocked. Good luck!
As of about a year ago O inventory can be greater for ANA's own program than *A (they may withhold some O inventory from *A) so, if it is important to you, your best chance of getting the upgrade is to waitlist with ANA miles.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:42 pm

One data point on late upgrades to F: just two booked seats on check in for yesterday's NH7 but departed with four pax. So 2 passengers upgraded somehow on day of flight.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the inputs guys, I'll wait until t-14 days to see if they release O for GPU upgrade, if not I'll go with ANA miles waitlist. Will let you guys know how it goes.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:00 pm

Another data point on late upgrades to F: four booked seats on my check in for Sunday's NH 8, and departed with six pax. So 2 passengers upgraded somehow on day of flight. Maybe up to 2 seats are freed for upgrades on day of flight?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Another data point on late upgrades to F: four booked seats on my check in for Sunday's NH 8, and departed with six pax. So 2 passengers upgraded somehow on day of flight. Maybe up to 2 seats are freed for upgrades on day of flight?
That sounds like they will clear some ANA miles/points waitlisted upgrade at check-in.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:03 am

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
One data point on late upgrades to F: just two booked seats on check in for yesterday's NH7 but departed with four pax. So 2 passengers upgraded somehow on day of flight.
Or 2 additional PAX actually purchased F tickets.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA, AS
Or, possibly 2 Op-Ups from oversold Business?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Here is it, I requested upgrade waitlisted use ANA miles at T-5 since they don't look like want release more O space, and the upgrade cleared in the next day. Turns out that waitlisted upgrade will go through as long as there is seat available, or at least much more easier than award travel. So I think what @synergypi saw was upgraded passengers using ANA miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.