Wiki Posts
Search

Around the World Ticket Changes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:30 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Around the World Ticket Changes

Quick question for the group in regards to the Around The World Ticket. My fiance and I are in the process of planning this, but due to a job change, there's a small chance we would have to change the entire trip, which leads to my questions.

1) I'm reading there's a 1,000-3,000 change fee for date only - is that per segment or for each change? If we had to change every segment, would it be a per segment charge?
2) If the entire trip needs to be rebooked, are miles refunded?

Thanks!
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by thejohnterry
Quick question for the group in regards to the Around The World Ticket. My fiance and I are in the process of planning this, but due to a job change, there's a small chance we would have to change the entire trip, which leads to my questions.

1) I'm reading there's a 1,000-3,000 change fee for date only - is that per segment or for each change? If we had to change every segment, would it be a per segment charge?
2) If the entire trip needs to be rebooked, are miles refunded?

Thanks!
No charge if you are changing just the date on the same flight number. There are a number of days from departure you have to do this.

The 3,000 points per ticket is for canceling OR canceling and re-booking different flight 'numbers' or airlines. The X factor that it is hard to find hard facts on is this.... If you have 4 segments and you have to pick a new flight or route for one of the segments you would cancel and re-book first booking all together. But will the other three segments come back open from your cancel as available award seats or do you run the risk of loosing those in the process.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by john c wisconsin
No charge if you are changing just the date on the same flight number. There are a number of days from departure you have to do this.

The 3,000 points per ticket is for canceling OR canceling and re-booking different flight 'numbers' or airlines.
More precisely, you can change 'flight number' without charge when segment is unchanged. (i.e two or more flights fly on that segment).

EDIT/ADD
more, more precisely, 'flight number' can be changed, but you can't change carriers.
john c wisconsin likes this.

Last edited by Wasabi Tofu; Sep 28, 2018 at 12:13 am Reason: Add 'carrier can't be changed'
Old Sep 27, 2018, 2:04 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Thanks for the responses, everyone. Very helpful.

It's sounding like if I have to upend the whole trip and switch up the dates by a lot, it would only cost me 3,000 miles for each ticket.

Excited to start planning it!
Old Sep 27, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
Originally Posted by thejohnterry
Thanks for the responses, everyone. Very helpful.

It's sounding like if I have to upend the whole trip and switch up the dates by a lot, it would only cost me 3,000 miles for each ticket.

Excited to start planning it!
I booked my RTW award ticket this January for flights departing in November. A couple of months ago I rescheduled half the segments to next summer - same airlines & routes. There is no requirement for an additional 3,000 miles to change dates as long as the dates are within 12 months of the start of your first segment that was originally ticketed. Good luck and have a fun trip!
Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
More precisely, you can change 'flight number' without charge when segment is unchanged. (i.e two or more flights fly on that segment).

EDIT/ADD
more, more precisely, 'flight number' can be changed, but you can't change carriers.
Thanks, I did not understand it that way when I booked our trip. That may actually add some options if we need it. Time for a couple more Expert flier alerts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.