Search

Award change question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2018, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Award change question

Hey,

Quick question about changing an award ticket I have. I am flying SFO-ICN-SIN on OZ (first leg) and SQ (second leg) in J and I just noticed that space opened up on the non-stop SFO-SIN on SQ on my date.
I would like to switch to that flight but not sure if it is allowed? I know airline change are not permitted on award tickets but what is the rule if it's a multi airline ticket and the airline you want to change to is one of the airline in the original ticket?
I would have no problem cancelling and rebooking for the 3000 miles fee but there are no more award space on my return HKG-ICN-SFO flights so not possible...

Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by Mict
Hey,
Quick question about changing an award ticket I have. I am flying SFO-ICN-SIN on OZ (first leg) and SQ (second leg) in J and I just noticed that space opened up on the non-stop SFO-SIN on SQ on my date.
Did you see this space on ANA website? SQ longhaul premium cabins on 77W/A380/A350/B787 are not available to star alliance partners.

Originally Posted by Mict
I would like to switch to that flight but not sure if it is allowed? I know airline change are not permitted on award tickets but what is the rule if it's a multi airline ticket and the airline you want to change to is one of the airline in the original ticket? I would have no problem cancelling and rebooking for the 3000 miles fee but there are no more award space on my return HKG-ICN-SFO flights so not possible.
ANA permits award changes. See their website here (link). However, for your change (change of airline and route), it seems that you will need to cancel and rebook. Best to do it via their call center.
If you see the Singapore Airline award space on the ANA website, then you can process it via the call.
If your return leg is also in business, then you get a refund of the difference in miles between your current first class redemption and the new business class only redemption
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Did you see this space on ANA website? SQ longhaul premium cabins on 77W/A380/A350/B787 are not available to star alliance partners.

ANA permits award changes. See their website here (link). However, for your change (change of airline and route), it seems that you will need to cancel and rebook. Best to do it via their call center.
If you see the Singapore Airline award space on the ANA website, then you can process it via the call.
If your return leg is also in business, then you get a refund of the difference in miles between your current first class redemption and the new business class only redemption
Thanks! I will try to call.

And yes surprisingly there is award space on SQ J from SFO to SIN, it's being discussed on the United forum. Both ANA and United website show availability! (from LAX and SFO but not EWR)
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
While I am not a fan of long daytime flights it wins over a long but not long enough to do anything outside the airport layover nor SQ's A330 which has been put on the SIN-INC route.

Edit: NH awards do require cancelation for 3000 miles penalty for change of airline or routing.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
While I am not a fan of long daytime flights it wins over a long but not long enough to do anything outside the airport layover nor SQ's A330 which has been put on the SIN-INC route.

Edit: NH awards do require cancelation for 3000 miles penalty for change of airline or routing.
I was looking at the night time departure from SFO actually, they recently added a second rotation at 8pm. (That flight is not daily tho)
Yoshi212 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.