Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

How are Star Alliance flight Premium Points determined?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Seems a simple question but I searched and got nothing. I was under the impression that Star Alliance flights credited to AMC would earn the same number of miles and premium points. However, I just did this for the first time and got different amounts (on a TG flight BKK to PEN). Am I missing something?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:17 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingtoFlyAway
Seems a simple question but I searched and got nothing. I was under the impression that Star Alliance flights credited to AMC would earn the same number of miles and premium points. However, I just did this for the first time and got different amounts (on a TG flight BKK to PEN). Am I missing something?
TG's earning table for crediting to ANA is different from ANA's own flights.
F,A,P - 150% (plus 400PP)
C,D,J,Z - 125% (plus 400PP)
U - 100% (plus 400PP)
Y,B,M,H,Q - 100% (plus 400PP)
K,T,S - 50%
others - 0%

Furthermore, miles/PP of code share flights are calculated by the operating carriers, not marketing carriers.

Last edited by Wasabi Tofu; Apr 25, 2018 at 8:44 am
Old Apr 25, 2018, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Thanks Wasabi! I did check the TG table, but what I was missing was the 400 boarding points. ANA really buries some of this info in the site. For anyone else wondering: https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/amc/refe...premium-point/
blizzwarr likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion, NH, SPG
Originally Posted by FlyingtoFlyAway
Thanks Wasabi! I did check the TG table, but what I was missing was the 400 boarding points. ANA really buries some of this info in the site. For anyone else wondering: https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/amc/refe...premium-point/
It's true. I tried looking for this information about 2 months ago, and I eventually found that page after more than half an hour of searching. I must have looked at every other page on their website as well. It would be nicer if it was more user friendly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.