Wiki Posts
Search

When are F meals served?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Watergate
When are F meals served?

I'm taking my first ever international flight this summer, and I'll be doing it on NH F. I was surprised when my friend told me today that the FAs try to get you to sleep and acclimate to the shifting TZs by serving dinner shortly after takeoff. Given that my flight is at 11am local time, I found this extra odd.

When can I expect the various mealtimes on an international NH F flight? I'll be travelling IAH-NRT-IAH.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:35 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
On daytime flights like IAH-NRT-IAH the big meal is served starting about 1hour after wheels up.

Don't forget to have the burger and ice cream mid flight!

Although I've never flown any NH midnight departures I've heard that those flights have much lighter meals to allow for more sleep.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
For the day time departures, the main meal is as mentioned, normally served about an hour after take off. If you want to have it later, just let the crew know and they will serve it longer in to the flight, that will not be a problem.

For the late night departures, like HND to LAX there is only a snack after take off and breakfast before arrival.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 2:43 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
First class meal service web page
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/servicei.../guide/f/meal/

Menu of IAH to NRT
https://www.ana.co.jp/int/inflight/g...f_201803_m.pdf

Menu of NRT ot IAH
https://www.ana.co.jp/int/inflight/g...f_201803_m.pdf
Old Apr 22, 2018, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by RichardNixon
I'm taking my first ever international flight this summer, and I'll be doing it on NH F. I was surprised when my friend told me today that the FAs try to get you to sleep and acclimate to the shifting TZs by serving dinner shortly after takeoff. Given that my flight is at 11am local time, I found this extra odd.

When can I expect the various mealtimes on an international NH F flight? I'll be travelling IAH-NRT-IAH.
I got to fly NH F, once in Mar 17, and now Apr 18. Both flights IAH NRT. First time I chose the Japanese meal, this time, the International option. I am really going out on a limb making this statement : if your exposure to Japanese is limited, I would choose the western meals. And choose the Japanese ramen and curry for snacks.
I did prefer to eat immediately after take off.
To me, the only weak part of the whole experience is the lounge. NH send you to the UA lounge in T E. If you have more time, I would walk to T C.
There is a new lounge there. Otherwise, just enjoy the service and foods. The FAs will spoil you. Next year, I will try to do in on JL. Omedeto.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
I've flown NH westbound in F twice this year thus far, once from IAH and the other from ORD. My IAH flight left in the morning if I recall correctly, sometime before noon. My ORD flight left in the afternoon. Both times, Lunch / Dinner was served slightly after takeoff. The F meal is extensive (I chose the Japanese option both times) and yes, if you over indulge, you will be asleep rather quickly. As Keller281 mentioned, the Japanese meal is VERY Japanese. I loved it but some may not be quite used to some of the items. I've flown a combination of NH F / J some 10 times over the last year and a half and I unless I am mistaken, the Japanese meal is pretty much all seafood. No meat products in my experience, not sure if an issue / concern for you.

Never mind the other mealtimes, you can pretty much have great meals during the rest of the flight whenever you desire. I have tried pretty much everything on the menu and the only thing I did not care for was some kind of Japanese Pizza. The ramen okay, not as good as the offering on KE in my opinion, but not bad. The Udon is okay as well. The curry is a great mid-flight option, very tasty. Note, in F, they have a "Sake Accompaniment" which comes with some sort of sweet grilled eel. That stuff is amazing!

Enjoy the ride and grab one of the StarWars model jets if you can!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.