Wiki Posts
Search

Visit F Lounge on F-J connection next day

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Visit F Lounge on F-J connection next day

If I'm flying ORD-HND in F with overnight and then NRT-SIN in J, will they let me in the First lounge at NRT?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by 1353513636
If I'm flying ORD-HND in F with overnight and then NRT-SIN in J, will they let me in the First lounge at NRT?
Same day departure, same airport yes. Next day departure and different airport, generally no.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Same day departure, same airport yes. Next day departure and different airport, generally no.
My segment from NRT-SIN was originally booked in F and it's still there but status says "Contact ANA" and they added a segment in J and a new seat....they changed from 77W to 789 to accommadate 2nd LAX-NRT flight, any chance I could just not contact ANA, turn up at NRT, and ask to receive F ground services on account of that?

(it's an award ticket with another F segment and I see little ability to do anything about the downgrade....any suggestions)
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
My segment from NRT-SIN was originally booked in F and it's still there but status says "Contact ANA" and they added a segment in J and a new seat....they changed from 77W to 789 to accommadate 2nd LAX-NRT flight, any chance I could just not contact ANA, turn up at NRT, and ask to receive F ground services on account of that?

(it's an award ticket with another F segment and I see little ability to do anything about the downgrade....any suggestions)
When your boarding pass will be issued it will be a J boarding pass. You could go to the Z counters for check-in, but I would guess the first class ground experience will end after that due to the boarding pass.

I assume you have received some form of compensation for the downgrade.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

When your boarding pass will be issued it will be a J boarding pass. You could go to the Z counters for check-in, but I would guess the first class ground experience will end after that due to the boarding pass.

I didn't get anything...not even communication; I found out by checking CheckMyTrip. But it's an award ticket from Asiana Club with another segment in F so I'm not really sure what I can ask for....since they didn't notify me I wonder if I could just show up at NRT as if I had no idea and be angry and see what they give me, assuming they don't say anything at ORD.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:56 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
The NH First lounges at NRT are not that much better than the NH Business lounges.

They even share the same showers.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I didn't get anything...not even communication; I found out by checking CheckMyTrip. But it's an award ticket from Asiana Club with another segment in F so I'm not really sure what I can ask for....since they didn't notify me I wonder if I could just show up at NRT as if I had no idea and be angry and see what they give me, assuming they don't say anything at ORD.
Communication at the moment, until check-in opens, should come from Asiana as they have issued the ticket.

Since you have an overnight connection, I don't think you will get your boarding pass for the second leg in ORD, but I am sure that if you do nothing they will mention the situation at check-in for the first leg.
​​​​​​
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)

Can confirm lounge access - different airport or day and incoming F flight is irrelevant as far as NH is concerned. You'll be relegated to the J lounge.

I used the Z counters to check-in arriving F with a connection to J (different airports). They were all smiles tagging the bag onwards with red F priority labels. On arrival I notice they'd removed the tag and replaced it with business class only.

Yes. They were that petty.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

So, to update. At ORD, I received next day NRT-SIN boarding pass in C with no comment from check-in agent. At NRT, I went to the Z check in where I was checked in but scolded for using it without an F flight and they took special care to get regular priority tags from elsewhere to put on my bags. I played dumb and said my ticket was in F, showed the original confirmation, agent said Asiana made a mistake and sent me to the regular security line.

At the lounge I mentioned that I arrived from Chicago in F and asked if I could use the F lounge, agent asked for BP and then disappeared into a back room for nearly 15 minutes after which they said I could use the F lounge....I honestly have no idea whether they the determined I could access it based on my previous day's F BP or thought that it was the right thing to do to let me access it after keeping me standing at the front of the lounge for nearly 15 minutes.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
So, to update. At ORD, I received next day NRT-SIN boarding pass in C with no comment from check-in agent. At NRT, I went to the Z check in where I was checked in but scolded for using it without an F flight and they took special care to get regular priority tags from elsewhere to put on my bags. I played dumb and said my ticket was in F, showed the original confirmation, agent said Asiana made a mistake and sent me to the regular security line. At the lounge I mentioned that I arrived from Chicago in F and asked if I could use the F lounge, agent asked for BP and then disappeared into a back room for nearly 15 minutes after which they said I could use the F lounge....I honestly have no idea whether they the determined I could access it based on my previous day's F BP or thought that it was the right thing to do to let me access it after keeping me standing at the front of the lounge for nearly 15 minutes.
likely the later. so, was the F lounge and F "ground experience" what you had expected?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.