Wiki Posts
Search

Fantastic Meals in NH J

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K
Fantastic Meals in NH J

Note: Per jazzhou's suggestion below, I've turned this thread into a general repository for NH J meal photos. I've also created a separate thread in the TR forum to document my particular trip.

As a regular AC flyer, I’ve long found that carrier’s J meals disappointing. As such, I was really looking forward to my SJC-NRT / HND-TSA / TPE-NRT-SJC trip on NH. NH did not disappoint. The meals, both in terms of taste and presentation, were fantastic, as was the general service throughout the entire experience. Here are a few pics:

NH171 SJC-NRT 10/14 Lunch (Amuse Bouche, Appetizer, and Entree)

NH171 SJC-NRT 10/14 Breakfast

NH851 HND-TSA 10/23 Lunch

NH824 TPE-NRT 10/29 Lunch

NH172 NRT-SJC 10/29 Dinner (Amuse Bouche, Appetizer, and Entree)

NH172 SJC-NRT 10/29 Breakfast

Bonus: NH851 Window View Departing HND
jazzhou, Guava, aircam and 1 others like this.

Last edited by capedreamer; Oct 30, 2017 at 12:18 am Reason: Changed context & added more photos
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by capedreamer
As a regular AC flyer, I’ve long found that carrier’s J meals disappointing. As such, I was really looking forward to my SJC-NRT / HND-TSA / TPE-NRT-SJC trip on NH. Having completed the first two segments, NH did not disappoint. The meals, both in terms of taste and presentation, were fantastic, as was the general service throughout the entire experience. Here are a few pics:......
Stunning photos! The detail is fantastic. Thanks for posting!
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
Fantastic photos, worthy of being the airline's meal promo photos. The bird's eye view of Haneda is unusual as I've never seen the water in those colors like that before. Is it because of the recent typhoon which swept through the Kanto area, I wonder?

I was wondering if the original poster capedreamer would mind if we post our J meal photos on this thread in the future. The photos may not be as stunning and beautiful as capedreamer's though.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jazzhou
Fantastic photos, worthy of being the airline's meal promo photos. The bird's eye view of Haneda is unusual as I've never seen the water in those colors like that before. Is it because of the recent typhoon which swept through the Kanto area, I wonder?
The typhoon just passed through that morning, so you may very well be right.

I was wondering if the original poster capedreamer would mind if we post our J meal photos on this thread in the future. The photos may not be as stunning and beautiful as capedreamer's though.
Thanks for the kind words and please go ahead! I don’t fly NH frequently enough to warrant a proprietary thread. :P

I was going to suggest a moderator editing the thread title to something more appropriate but realized I kept it generic enough anyways.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Tokyo was drenched in rain the last few days. I am sure that amount if water washed a big amount of sediment in to the water. I have not seen the number for Tokyo, but areas close by got in excess of 500mm of rain in 72 hours.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond
Yeah the food on ANA is definitely hands down better than AC. I'd rather fly ANA with a layover than AC direct just because of the soft product (hard product is decently comparable).
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:49 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
I must have been spoiled. I had the main course (saikyo grilled cod i believe) earlier this month ex sfo n thought it was cr@p -due to usa kitchen.
once i switched back to japan kitchen foods it was fine! (Like ramen n stuff)
Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:11 am

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,
ANA food is not bad at all
Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Edited the original post to add a few more pics from today's flights.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
Impressive photos indeed.

NH J food is probably quite good if one likes seafood. I don't like eating sea creatures, so food is one of the weak points of NH long-haul in my opinion.

Some associates used to fly between the US and Tokyo on a monthly basis, and they brought their own food.

On shorter routes, I remember asking for an Y meal on the HND-HKG route. On the SIN routes catering used to be very, very limited - haven't flown with NH from SIN for a couple of years now though.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:35 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Western meal was steak. What did u expect?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:00 pm

Is there a consensus on who's J food is better between JL and NH? I flew JL ORD-NRT & NRT-JFK earlier this year, and the food was very good. However, the variety and quality of the foods on the a la carte menu really blew me away.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
I just flew from TPE through NRT to JFK two days ago. Here are the meal photos. They are not shot as stunningly as the ones posted by capedreamer.

NH 823 TPE-NRT
Business Class lunch

Menu
Name:  CabinFood-mealANA824menu-2017-11.jpg
Views: 1761
Size:  24.9 KB

Drinks & Snacks
Name:  CabinFood-mealANA824drinks-2017-11.jpg
Views: 1757
Size:  59.1 KB

Japanes Washoku
Name:  CabinFood-mealANA824main-2017-11.jpg
Views: 1741
Size:  46.1 KB
Sorry for the shadow.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 2:05 pm

This was dinner on the second leg of the trip. The turbulence encountered didn't help with the photo shooting. In the middle of the night, over Alaska, I woke up to a spectacular Aurora Borealis light show before dawn.

NH 10 NRT-JFK
Business Class dinner

Menu
Name:  CabinFood-mealANA10menu-2017-11.jpg
Views: 1747
Size:  27.8 KB

Amuse-bouche
Name:  CabinFood-mealANA10amuse-2017-11.jpg
Views: 1753
Size:  48.3 KB
The special blend red wine from South Africa was good. I didn't jot down the name.

Soup & appetizers
Name:  CabinFood-mealANA10appeti-2017-11.jpg
Views: 1739
Size:  50.5 KB

Main course - stewed beef
Name:  CabinFood-mealANA10main-2017-11.jpg
Views: 1760
Size:  45.9 KB
I've always liked the beef dishes out of Japan.

Desserts
Name:  CabinFood-mealANA10desserts-2017-11.jpg
Views: 1741
Size:  43.2 KB
I skipped the fruit and cheese and had two different desserts.

Coffee & after-dinner drink
Name:  CabinFood-mealANA10digestif-2017-11.jpg
Views: 1727
Size:  41.5 KB

Last edited by jazzhou; Nov 11, 2017 at 12:35 pm
Old Nov 10, 2017, 2:08 pm

This was the pre-arrival refreshment. I chose the Japanese "breakfast".

NH 10 NRT-JFK
Pre-arrival refreshment

Name:  CabinFood-mealANA10prearrival-2017-11.jpg
Views: 1717
Size:  57.3 KB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.