Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

OLCI for NH segments booked by UA as code-share?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:15 am
formerly 1984SW
Original Poster

Programs: UA

In a couple weeks I have an NH business class itin: BKK-HND-LAX / IAH-NRT-BKK booked on united.com with UA code-share flight numbers. It's not an award ticket -- it was booked as a "cash" ticket in P class.

I can display the reservation on NH's web site to assign/change seats. However, there are several fields that indicate they need to be filled in for online check-in (passport #, email, phone, etc) but they are blocked with a message saying I must contact the booking carrier to change any info.

Does this mean that I will be unable to do OLCI for this trip? Or, is there a workaround? I even checked the reservation while signed in with my ANA Mileage Club number which has all the necessary info associated with my account.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by 1984SW
In a couple weeks I have an NH business class itin: BKK-HND-LAX / IAH-NRT-BKK booked on united.com with UA code-share flight numbers. It's not an award ticket -- it was booked as a "cash" ticket in P class.

I can display the reservation on NH's web site to assign/change seats. However, there are several fields that indicate they need to be filled in for online check-in (passport #, email, phone, etc) but they are blocked with a message saying I must contact the booking carrier to change any info.

Does this mean that I will be unable to do OLCI for this trip? Or, is there a workaround? I even checked the reservation while signed in with my ANA Mileage Club number which has all the necessary info associated with my account.
OLCI should be fine... just remember to put in the NH PNR (which you can get when you view the reservation) and not the UA PNR when checking in online (the latter doesn't work, at least in my experience).
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Likely you won’t be able to OLCI. I fly BKK-NRT several times a year on NH using UA codeshares and OLCI will not work if it is a UA flight number. Coded as NH, no problem.

Why do you need to OLCI? If you need to check in early at BKK, go to counter when it is open for the previous flight.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by tide
Likely you won’t be able to OLCI. I fly BKK-NRT several times a year on NH using UA codeshares and OLCI will not work if it is a UA flight number. Coded as NH, no problem.
Not true... I've successfully done OLCI for JFK-NRT, SIN-NRT, HND-LAX etc all booked as the UA codeshare on 016 stock... the key I think is using the NH PNR and not the UA one
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:27 pm
formerly 1984SW
Original Poster

It's a 50% chance that OLCI will work? The initial screen on the ANA web site after providing the ANA RLOC has a pop-up:

And, on the page where one would fill in the info:

The "Please register" fields are not clickable, so there's no way to enter the (presumably required?) info. Maybe those fields become editable when OLCI opens at T-24?

I'll know in eight days if it works. I depart on 17-Oct from BKK in the morning.
ok2uselane likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:54 pm
formerly 1984SW
Original Poster

I decided to give it one more try in the afternoon (for a 6:50am departure the next morning.) Lo and behold, the OLCI worked and boarding passes were issued. When I first tried this morning it was about 9:50am. Sometime between then and 4:30pm, the OLCI was enabled?

As a part of the check-in process I was able to view and change seat assignments.

original post from this morning:

It's within 24 hours of departure so I went to NH web site, entered my RLOC and name and the first screen offered a link to Online Check-In (OLCI). Proceded through screens to enter passport info, verify seats and agree to T&C and then got:

So, it looks like OLCI is *not* available for code-share flights on NH metal.

I attempted a couple more times, and the system has retained my passport info, it just won't complete the check-in process.

Also, the ability to view/change seat assignments for the outbound flights was removed before yesterday evening, about 36 hours before departure. I could (can) still view/change seat assignments for the return flights in a couple weeks, but not for the outbound flights tomorrow.
ok2uselane likes this.

Last edited by wpcoe; Oct 16, 2017 at 3:43 am Reason: OLCI worked
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:30 am

Thanks for the very useful update.

OLCI has consistently failed for me at the 24 hour mark with the same results you initially reported (e.g. able to go all the way entering passport info only to be rejected at the penultimate screen). Because of that I've always concluded it was not working. Calls to NH did not help. In fact, they acknowledged it was not working.

Despite this, I've kept trying over 6+ BKK outbounds per year over the last few years in NH, albeit only at the 20-24 hour mark.

I hope to replicate your success (and previous poster's) in a few weeks. This time, I will try at the 24-hour and 12-hour mark
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:40 am
formerly 1984SW
Original Poster

I forgot to mention, but although the ability to view/change seats seems to be locked out 36 hours (?) before departure, once the OLCI was made available, during the check-in process you can again view and change seats before you check-in and the boarding passes are issued.
ok2uselane likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, AA, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Thanks for this information. I’m flying NH on 016 stock in November. I was curious about this issue, as well.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:06 am

My recent experience - late October 2017 BKK (NH with UA code) -> NRT -> UA

Unable to OLCI at T-24, T-12, T-6 with message ""Online Check-in service is not available. Please check in at the airport on the day of your departure. (E_C02P05_H630)". Just to be sure, I tried the mobile app too (it is a sub-optimal app and appears to screenscrape the NH web), and tried using both UA and NH PNRs (NH recently introduced ability to accept UA PNRs). No success. UA segment itself was within T-24 as well.

Was able to change seat during OLCI process though. The "view reservation" still reported old seat but seat change stuck through the counter check-in.

Gave up at T-6 since BKK check-in counters open at 7pm for the 2 evening flights.

My lack of success with OLCI, contrary to previous posters' reports, may be related to either:
a) Y ticket, OR
b) I was SSSSed on UA segment this one time, OR
c) the new travel checks for inbound US flights that started Oct 26, OR
d) it just doesn't work for some

Probably (b) but reviewing past notes that I've kept, I have never been able to OLCI, not even at T-12 and below, and all this with no past SSSS experience on the UA segment. I fly several of these same BKK-US flights a year on NH/UA, always in Y, and have only been successful when flight is the BKK flight is coded NH.

The reverse journey, UA->NH has not been a problem. Check-in on UA mobile app and I get both boarding passes

Last edited by tide; Oct 30, 2017 at 11:12 am Reason: added UA->NH experineces
Old Oct 31, 2017, 1:26 am

Programs: NH SFC(*G)
OLCI for NH flight has restrictions.
https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/japan/e/as...nline-checkin/

#(8) below may be applicable to your case.

Online Check-in is not available in the following cases.

(8) If you are a passenger who booked/purchased an ANA Group operated international flight under a different airline's flight number. (Your ticket number is required.) *1

*1 Online Check-in is available but, the auto check-in function will not be provided.

* Online Check-in may be unavailable due to system related issues or other reasons. Please check-in at the airport.
I'm not sure how and where to put in the ticket number when OLCI.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:26 am
formerly 1984SW
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MINAZO
I'm not sure how and where to put in the ticket number when OLCI.
While there are several different URLs for NH that lead to OLCI and each as different appearance, I think each one has an option to choose between Reservation Number (RLOC) and (e-)Ticket Number. The link I usually use has the Reservation Number option selected by default, but clicking on the next "button":

Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:08 pm
formerly 1984SW
Original Poster

Ready to head home on ANA tomorrow: IAH-NRT-BKK, again booked on united.com with UA code-share flight numbers.

About 36 hours before departure, I noticed that the seat numbers were no longer links to the seat selection page, and the ability to view a seat map was inhibited.

At T -24hrs OLCI was offered, but the process derails at point of "Issue Boarding Pass":

Whether you choose "Print to printer" or "Receive via email" the above error message appears. However, when using "Receive via email" they *do* send you an e-mail, but it isn't a boarding pass; it's just a confirmation of check-in. So, OLCI worked, but you still need to get the boarding pass in person at the airport. Returning to the OLCI screen now shows "Already checked-in" but "Boarding pass ... Not issued."
ok2uselane likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by 1984SW
Ready to head home on ANA tomorrow: IAH-NRT-BKK, again booked on united.com with UA code-share flight numbers.

About 36 hours before departure, I noticed that the seat numbers were no longer links to the seat selection page, and the ability to view a seat map was inhibited.
That's an NH-wide thing: they close off the seatmap at about T-48(?); nothing to do with UA codeshares

At T -24hrs OLCI was offered, but the process derails at point of "Issue Boarding Pass":

Whether you choose "Print to printer" or "Receive via email" the above error message appears. However, when using "Receive via email" they *do* send you an e-mail, but it isn't a boarding pass; it's just a confirmation of check-in. So, OLCI worked, but you still need to get the boarding pass in person at the airport. Returning to the OLCI screen now shows "Already checked-in" but "Boarding pass ... Not issued."
Again this isn't specific to the UA codeshare but a systemwide change; you can no longer print BPs for NH flights ex-USA: https://www.ana.co.jp/topics/notice171011/index_e.html
ok2uselane likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: UA 1K; DL DM; IHG Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by tide

Why do you need to OLCI? If you need to check in early at BKK, go to counter when it is open for the previous flight.

Does this work?!

I'm flying NH806 (departing 7:00 a.m.) in November. If I get to the check in counter the night before when they are still checking in passengers for NH808 (midnight departure), can they really issue me a boarding pass?

I won't be checking in any bags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.