ANA domestic - gap before taking payment

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2017, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
ANA domestic - gap before taking payment

Hello

Advice kindly requested!

I made a domestic booking (HND to ISG return) on Friday and snagged the last couple of seats on a value fare (booking from London but these fares are valid for all passengers).

Amex app showed Y149,000 going through on phone notification screen and I received a payment confirmed email from ANA - I went online, chose seats and got 2D codes for self and wife which are printed out.

So what's the problem? Well, I can no longer access the booking online, and Amex now shows no payment. I rang the latter and they show a payment attempt but not followed up by airline.

Does this mean the booking has collapsed (I could access on Fri but not today) or just that they are being slow to take payment?

It's a rather different system to what I'm used to (it gave me the booking without payment but said it would be cancelled by yesterday if not paid... but then I tried to pay and it gave me seats and boarding passes - but now the payment deadline has gone its all changed again).

Help! I thought it was all paid ...
Old Jul 3, 2017, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
(PS)

Incidentally Amex say they authorised payment and it's the airline who hasn't followed up.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I would call NH here in Japan. There can be a bit of a wait for the English speaking line, but better safe than sorry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.