Wiki Posts
Search

Beyond the call of duty

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
Beyond the call of duty

My wife and I had a very stressful trip from KIX to YVR.

That been said, ANA front line staff went beyond the call of duty for my wife and we are very grateful.

My wife was a Canadian Permanent Resident, she no longer qualified to maintain status so when we travel back to Canada, she applies for a visitor eTA permit.

She has received her eTA for the past few years but since the eTA program became law last year, her eTA was cancelled.

When she applied for her eTA this round, it was denied due to her unrenounced PR status. She went through the process and got her PR status properly renounced and she received her eTA. However the eTA system and ANA's system did not sync and therefore when we arrived at KIX, she was denied boarding.

ANA recommended that she reapply for her eTA. Which we immediately did but we didn't think a response would be forthcoming in less than 2 hours. 20 minutes before final cut off, ANA contacted eTA and asked them on our behalf to expedite. Then they issued boarding pass and told us to go through but warned us that if eTA refused us, then we may still be denied boarding at the gate. We received the eTA 2 minutes before the last call at the boarding gate and we managed to get on.

We had already given up. Sorted our luggage. We already told ANA staff that I was going to go without my wife. They did all this background work for us AFTER we told them I was going solo. They did not give up while we had already given up.

We were resigned that she was not going - ANA felt that this was unfair and pushed eTA on our behalf.

Now, we want to send a note or acknowledge what they did. How should we do this?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Taiwaned
My wife and I had a very stressful trip from KIX to YVR.

That been said, ANA front line staff went beyond the call of duty for my wife and we are very grateful.

My wife was a Canadian Permanent Resident, she no longer qualified to maintain status so when we travel back to Canada, she applies for a visitor eTA permit.

She has received her eTA for the past few years but since the eTA program became law last year, her eTA was cancelled.

When she applied for her eTA this round, it was denied due to her unrenounced PR status. She went through the process and got her PR status properly renounced and she received her eTA. However the eTA system and ANA's system did not sync and therefore when we arrived at KIX, she was denied boarding.

ANA recommended that she reapply for her eTA. Which we immediately did but we didn't think a response would be forthcoming in less than 2 hours. 20 minutes before final cut off, ANA contacted eTA and asked them on our behalf to expedite. Then they issued boarding pass and told us to go through but warned us that if eTA refused us, then we may still be denied boarding at the gate. We received the eTA 2 minutes before the last call at the boarding gate and we managed to get on.

We had already given up. Sorted our luggage. We already told ANA staff that I was going to go without my wife. They did all this background work for us AFTER we told them I was going solo. They did not give up while we had already given up.

We were resigned that she was not going - ANA felt that this was unfair and pushed eTA on our behalf.

Now, we want to send a note or acknowledge what they did. How should we do this?

That's great!

I've always had great service with ANA as well.

Feedback can be sent with online form. If you are AMC member use the link on left side - otherwise on right side.

http://www.ana.co.jp/site-help/share...s/index_e.html
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:43 am

Programs: MP, BR
Great story and ASAIK, the (well deserved) recognition and appreciation will be made known to the ground staff after you have submitted online.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 1:15 am

That's why I love NH. What a stark contrast compared to the latest denied boarding thread in the AA forum.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I am sorry to hear of your stressful trip. More and more, immigration regulations ("red tape") merely cause grief for innocent travelers who just want to get from one point on the globe to another. It is good that you had a happy ending.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:03 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
What a pleasure to read. Thanks for sharing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.