Wiki Posts
Search

Tough to Upgrade !!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2015, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Tough to Upgrade !!

I booked an upgradele Y fare and tried to upgrade on sector to buisness on line. Unfortunately I have 24 digits in my name ( two middle names ) and the ANA FF system only can handle 23.

So when my flight was tickets the TA entered my full name so it matches with my passport, and when i click upgrade I am told the passenger does not match my profile.

called ANA, 3 attempts, the first two times after holding for a long time was tod no English speaking agents available so call back, and was cut off.

Third time no problem, they took care of it in 30 seconds, but many times you can get through !!

anyone with the same problem have a solution ?
Old Jul 10, 2015, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN3
anyone with the same problem have a solution ?
No solution but a good work around. Just use the first and last name on the ticket, or if you insist in addition the first letter of your middle name. Good enough in almost all cases I saw so far.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Try the UK or US reservations line if there is a long wait for Japan...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.