Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Domestic Premium Class- - Special Meal Request possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2014, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Hey guys, wondering do you know if ANA takes special meal requests on domestic Premium Class? My brother-inlaw is coming to Japan with me and requires Halal. I want to treat him to nicer flight, but he can't eat the meal, I dunno if it's worth it. Anyone have experience in this?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:41 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE

Hmm, not in my experience -- at least for day-of-departure upgrades.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by armagebedar
Hmm, not in my experience -- at least for day-of-departure upgrades.
This booking will be for April (can't even book it yet due to the 2 month window). I will contact ANA and see what they say and post back. Their website seems to have a very set menu, so my feeling is that it is no, plus it doesn't advertise special meal requests on domestic.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 5:25 pm

Yes, I would definitely do that. The reason why I say it is unlikely is that ANA loads meals (bento boxes, really) about 20-30 minutes before takeoff depending on the load, which can change right up until the moment of departure (since most PC fares are flexible). If your brother-in-law suddenly changes his flight, NH must dispose of that special meal as they cannot serve it to a passenger who takes his place.

To be honest, I wouldn't fly PC for the food -- the seat and drinks are the main attraction (oh, and the PPs, of course).
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by armagebedar
Yes, I would definitely do that. The reason why I say it is unlikely is that ANA loads meals (bento boxes, really) about 20-30 minutes before takeoff depending on the load, which can change right up until the moment of departure (since most PC fares are flexible). If your brother-in-law suddenly changes his flight, NH must dispose of that special meal as they cannot serve it to a passenger who takes his place.

To be honest, I wouldn't fly PC for the food -- the seat and drinks are the main attraction (oh, and the PPs, of course).

Yeah I'm not too worried just for the meal. I want to get premium economy seats mainly for my brother who is handicap so a more spacious seat will help. To be fair, the flight time between TKS-HND is pretty short, so I may go down to economy. But if that's the case, I thinking of flying JAL and paying just Y1000 more. We'll see, I sent ANA the following message...

この四月にプレミアムクラスの予約を入れたいと思ってますが、付き添いの義理の兄はイスラム教の人なので、 ハラール食が必要なんです。全日空は国内線で特別の機内食を提供しますか?

(This April, I plan on booking in Premium Class, but my brother-inlaw is Muslim and will require Halal meal. Does ANA take special meal requests on Domestic flights?)
Old Jan 21, 2014, 10:40 am
Original Poster

いつもANAをご利用いただきましてありがとうございます。

お問合せの件について
現在弊社国内線で普通席をご利用の場合
ANA My Choice(有料サービス)として、スナックやお飲み物の販売に加え
一部便において、お食事の販売も行なっておりますが、ハラール食など
特別食の対応はいたしておりません。

また、プレミアムクラスで提供しております食事についても、ハラール食など
特別食の対応はいたしておりませんこと何卒ご了承ください

以下のページをご参照のうえご利用いただければ幸いに存じます。

▼ANA My Choice
http://www.ana.co.jp/dom/inflight/ana_my_choice/

▼プレミアムクラス
http://www.ana.co.jp/dom/inflight/pr...lass/priority/

今後ともANAをご愛顧いただきますようお願い申し上げます。

- ANA SKY WEB -
ANA国内線担当

General Translation:
Thank you for choosing ANA
As per your question

On domestic economy flights. We offer ANA My choice where you
can purchase food and drink items, however, our menu does not
offer Halal or special menu items.

While we do offer inflight bento/meal service on premium class,
we unfortunately do not take special requests such as
Halal meals.

Please do take a look at our offerings on the following links

▼ANA My Choice
http://www.ana.co.jp/dom/inflight/ana_my_choice/

▼Premium Class
http://www.ana.co.jp/dom/inflight/pr...lass/priority/

We hope to continue doing business and thank you for your support

- ANA SKY WEB -
ANA Domestic Team
Old Jan 21, 2014, 5:02 pm

MaHa, thanks for the follow-up. In that case your brother may consider going for Class J on JL, as it's only 1,000 more than a regular ticket and gives him a better seat (no food).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.