Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

SQ Silver Kris / BR Eva Lounge in SFO with NH*G and US Domestic itinerary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Silver Kris / BR Eva Lounge in SFO with NH*G and US Domestic itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2013, 6:12 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Yes, generally international and domestic flights are completely separated in airports outside the US, so I don't think this is testable.

Kudos to ANAStarFlyer for following up with NH on this. Let us know if they keep giving you the run-around and I'll see if I can follow up with NH here in Japan.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You can't test it in Haneda, the domestic and international terminal buildings are different. I am not sure about TPE, but it seems separated. For TSA, the building is the same, but the international section separated from the domestic section so there would be no chance to get to the international lounge with a domestic ticket, or vice versa. In GMP (though this would be OZ) the lounge is outside security, and you would be able to walk up with a domestic ticket and a SAG card. I am not sure if it is meant as both a domestic and international lounge to begin with, as I have only had international departures.
Interesting re GMP! Yes, you confirmed my suspicions on the other airports. Hmm.. The SFO situation is unique with the terminals being connected behind security. It strikes me as odd that with the TSA and DHS so security focused in America that we only seem to have situations like this which could be interpreted as lax security within our borders.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ainternational
Interesting re GMP! Yes, you confirmed my suspicions on the other airports. Hmm.. The SFO situation is unique with the terminals being connected behind security. It strikes me as odd that with the TSA and DHS so security focused in America that we only seem to have situations like this which could be interpreted as lax security within our borders.
You would have the same situation in DFW. All the terminals are connected by the Skytrain behind security. But, there is only a United Club as Star Alliance lounge. (and a contract lounge in D), so no "material" to test on.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ANA Diamond+SFC+1MM (NH*G), Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Penn Club of NY
Although we cannot compare BR's non-compliant lounge access policy to NH, since domestic and international departures are separated in Japan, a carrier which complies to 'Star Alliance Lounge Access Policy' is Lufthansa.

If any of you *G's are traveling domestically from/through Washington Dulles (IAD), you can enter the LH Senator Lounge by gate B51. Granted, you need to take a shuttle train from the C/D concourses where UA/US departs, but the 10 minute transit is well worth your time, considering the UA Club is a joke.

The LH Senator Lounge offers a full meal spread, high-quality espresso machine, open bar (without being guilt-tripped into tipping grumpy bar staff, i.e. UA/US), and showers.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:02 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by ANAStarFlyer
Although we cannot compare BR's non-compliant lounge access policy to NH, since domestic and international departures are separated in Japan, a carrier which complies to 'Star Alliance Lounge Access Policy' is Lufthansa.

If any of you *G's are traveling domestically from/through Washington Dulles (IAD), you can enter the LH Senator Lounge by gate B51. Granted, you need to take a shuttle train from the C/D concourses where UA/US departs, but the 10 minute transit is well worth your time, considering the UA Club is a joke.

The LH Senator Lounge offers a full meal spread, high-quality espresso machine, open bar (without being guilt-tripped into tipping grumpy bar staff, i.e. UA/US), and showers.
I am disappointed that BR has decided to ignore *A policy for lounge access. SQ has been notorious for this & it appears BR is following its lead.

LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.