Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA Experience Japan Fare and Japan Airpass (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA Experience Japan Fare and Japan Airpass (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:37 am

Thanks!

I'll leave enough time then for clearing customs/immigration and checking in again just in case.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by frankmu
Quick question, do these fares still accrue miles for United Mileage Plus?
My flight was booked into H class.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:52 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by onebagtraveller
Thanks!

I'll leave enough time then for clearing customs/immigration and checking in again just in case.
Can't use self check-in machine. And got directed from counter to counter at HND for the verification. It's a common complaint with this fare.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: LH SEN, IHG Plat, HH Gold, AMEX Plat
i used this fare a couple of weeks ago and had the same problem. allow for some extra time and have the reservation printed out. a very good deal on the longer distance domestic flights. about one third the normal price.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: KF Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Titanium
How does one book this special fare rate?

I'm trying on ANA website https://www.ana.co.jp/en/sg/promotio...experience_jp/ but what I get is a fare of 240 USD per pax (2 pax) instead of the ~100 USD fare.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by elephentravels

I'm trying on ANA website https://www.ana.co.jp/en/sg/promotio...experience_jp/ but what I get is a fare of 240 USD per pax (2 pax) instead of the ~100 USD fare.
what route are you trying to book? I just booked by clicking through the Experience JP page, once you enter in the cities/date, it'll show you different fares and one of the options is the "super value experience jp" fare.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver

Might be a fare/seat availability issue as well — the experience japan fare is tied to specific (cheap-ish) buckets and if those sell out then you won't see the $100 fare either.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: KF Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Titanium
Originally Posted by truncated
Might be a fare/seat availability issue as well — the experience japan fare is tied to specific (cheap-ish) buckets and if those sell out then you won't see the $100 fare either.
I figured the USD100 fare is for a single trip
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:57 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
I figured the USD100 fare is for a single trip
Is it a direct flight? I believe it used to be $100/flight, but noticed that the price has gone down a little for flights with connections.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: Free agent!
My experience with these fares have always been non-stop flights to/from HND and have all priced at around JPY10000. I did just make some dummy bookings for routings involving connections, such as CTS - ISG, and they all show up as being double in cost seemingly due to CTS - HND - ISG. CTS - FUK prices out as you would expect at around JYP10000 but if you select a routing that involves a connection (including a fun CTS - SDJ - FUK routing), it doubles it in price.

So it does look like it's a per flight deal.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
My experience with these fares have always been non-stop flights to/from HND and have all priced at around JPY10000. I did just make some dummy bookings for routings involving connections, such as CTS - ISG, and they all show up as being double in cost seemingly due to CTS - HND - ISG. CTS - FUK prices out as you would expect at around JYP10000 but if you select a routing that involves a connection (including a fun CTS - SDJ - FUK routing), it doubles it in price.

So it does look like it's a per flight deal.
Yes, each flight is JPY 10,800 (Tokyo-Osaka is JPY 7,560; certain flights within Hokkaido and a very limited number of destinations from Tokyo and Osaka are JPY 5,400). If the routing involves a connection, the price is calculated for every sector individually.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 1:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
First award ticket, connecting at NRT on a separate ticket

I have a First Class award ticket LAX-NRT and need to buy an onward same-day connection to CTS (Sapporo). There is a seemingly perfect non-stop connecting flight 2 hrs and 5 min. after my arrival and the ANA website offers me a "Super Value Discover Japan" fare of $133.60 per person.

If I purchase this, will ANA thru-check baggage to the connecting flight? (I know the baggage limitations for the two flights are different.)

Will they check us in all the way through?

I ask because we did something similar on a JAL trip to Osaka via NRT a couple years ago and upon arrival at NRT we had to take our bags to the JAL domestic check-in area, re-check them and check in for the connection. I am OneWorld Emerald so that went fairly smoothly, but am nothing in Star Alliance and with a 2 hour total connection time, it could be troubling if there is a long line to check in once we get to NRT.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
ANA will check your bags through, but as you mention you will need to claim them and go through customs. Turn right after exiting, the domestic check in area is a short walk from there.

You will receive first class immigration fast track, and the first class tagged luggage will arrive very quick. Two hours will be far more than plenty of time. My estimation is that you will be at domestic check in not more than 20 minutes after exiting the plane. First class tags actually work in Narita.

The arrival lounge doubles as domestic departure lounge, so hang on to your arrival boarding pass and spend the rest of your time before boarding there. It is right by domestic check in.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 5:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
ANA will check your bags through, but as you mention you will need to claim them and go through customs. Turn right after exiting, the domestic check in area is a short walk from there.
Thank you -- this is very helpful information.

If the bags are tagged through to CTS, even though they are on separate tickets, the international First Class baggage allowance is what the domestic agent will follow -- is that right?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Thank you -- this is very helpful information.

If the bags are tagged through to CTS, even though they are on separate tickets, the international First Class baggage allowance is what the domestic agent will follow -- is that right?
As far as I know, the exoerice Japan fares follow the international allowance. As the require coming in from abroad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.