Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Booked on United codeshare ANA, can't pick seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2017, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 24left
For customers flying on a United Airlines codeshare flight operated by ANA

https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/local.../notice170504/

Print Wikipost

Booked on United codeshare ANA, can't pick seats

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Dahan
Hi there, I've booked a flight to BKK on United, and the NRT-BKK/BKK-NRT segments are on ANA. I called ANA a month or so ago and got seats assigned for those, and they show up when I view my reservation on united.com.

The flight's tomorrow, so I just tried to do OLCI via the mobile app (started on the website, but it said to use the mobile app so I could take a picture of my passport). When I got to the final screen, it showed my United seat assignments, but for the ANA segment, it showed "---". Am I gonna lose my seat assignment if I complete the checkin?
I just booked two J tickets flights for next June. The "manage" ticket view only shows one of the two tickets as assigned with the other "---". But I can see both seating assignment shows up in the e-receipt view.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
So this is new(?) — just booked JFK-NRT as a UA codeshare (016 stock); my UA PNR works on the NH site (no need to put in the ticket number and find the separate NH PNR) and surprisingly I'm able to pull up the seat map online and pick seats. Which was definitely not the case last year (both from personal experience and judging by reports in this thread).

Thus looks like either NH has finally upgraded their systems, or maybe I just got lucky this time . But if this is really true then it should be good news for all. ^
Old Apr 9, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: UA *G, Accor/Sofitel Gold, InterContinental Platinum
Wow, just checked my ANA flights (UA codeshare) to SGN via NRT and was able to view using the UA PNR. Also able to adjust seats. When I first bought the ticket a couple months ago, I could not access it other than with the ANA PNR and still could not select or change seats. Nice change. Makes life easier than calling every time.

Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by truncated
So this is new(?) — just booked JFK-NRT as a UA codeshare (016 stock); my UA PNR works on the NH site (no need to put in the ticket number and find the separate NH PNR) and surprisingly I'm able to pull up the seat map online and pick seats. Which was definitely not the case last year (both from personal experience and judging by reports in this thread).

Thus looks like either NH has finally upgraded their systems, or maybe I just got lucky this time . But if this is really true then it should be good news for all. ^
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:52 pm

Just wanted to confirm that I did this yesterday with no problem. Booked DEN-SFO-PEK/PEK-NRT-DEN through United yesterday. The PEK-NRT leg is ANA. About 2 hours later, using my United confirmation number and the name format they specify on the ANA reservation retrieval, I was easily able to select seats.
Old May 18, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
I think it's official - I called up today to select seats for upcoming codeshares (without even trying the website!) and the agent told me that I can now select my seats directly on the website! This is an amazing improvement.
Old May 21, 2017, 6:25 am

So just to confirm, since I've never booked a codeshare before:

If I book an ANA flight on United.com using miles, I can log onto the ANA website, find my reservation using my United info and then pick seats?

The reason I'm asking for confirmation is because ANA appears to make me apply for a card (but it's not a credit card) to join their frequent flyer club? And on the United.com website, if I try to book the ANA flight, it won't let me book seats and says to talk to an agent at check-in.

I'm flying with family and I'm going to book me and one kid on one reservation, while my wife will book herself and another kid. I really don't want us separated. Flight is nearly a year out so I expect the plane to be mostly empty still.
Old May 21, 2017, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by codex57
So just to confirm, since I've never booked a codeshare before:

If I book an ANA flight on United.com using miles, I can log onto the ANA website, find my reservation using my United info and then pick seats?
Yes.

The reason I'm asking for confirmation is because ANA appears to make me apply for a card (but it's not a credit card) to join their frequent flyer club? And on the United.com website, if I try to book the ANA flight, it won't let me book seats and says to talk to an agent at check-in.
You don't have to join their FFP to pick seats... and yeah that's the standard message that united.com gives you - you can still pick seats via the NH website though.
Old May 21, 2017, 10:24 am

Wonderful Thanks!
Old May 26, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold (Thanks Amex)
Originally Posted by GoDucks
On the ANA site you need to enter the ANA confirmation # and name. What I have found with UA reservations is that you also have to include middle initial. For example if you are Mike A Smith enter SMITH for last and MIKEA for first and it will work.
I had this eact same problem, and for one of my reservations, I actually had to include the full middle name as well. For example, if your name is Mike Anderson Smith I had to put MikeAnderson Smith rather than MikeA Smith.

Also, Go Ducks!
Old Jun 1, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
For clarification as I am looking to soon purchase ORD-NRT on NH metal. If I purchase through United on 016 ticket stock, I can log into the ANA website now with the correct combination ANA PNR and of my Last name, middle initial combo as stated before and select seats?

I guess my clarification question is, are you only able to select the "unwanted back of the plane" seats United has codeshared purchased, or is it any available seat?

Price is within $2 on either site, but with the 2-4-3 configuration I would want to select the 2 seats with my wife (not to mention United PQD on united if possible towards status). Seeing if can have best of both worlds.

If not, no issues and can forgo the United PQD, and will just book direct on ANA site. Just wanted clarification.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by LeisureFlyerORD
For clarification as I am looking to soon purchase ORD-NRT on NH metal. If I purchase through United on 016 ticket stock, I can log into the ANA website now with the correct combination ANA PNR and of my Last name, middle initial combo as stated before and select seats?

I guess my clarification question is, are you only able to select the "unwanted back of the plane" seats United has codeshared purchased, or is it any available seat?

Price is within $2 on either site, but with the 2-4-3 configuration I would want to select the 2 seats with my wife (not to mention United PQD on united if possible towards status). Seeing if can have best of both worlds.

If not, no issues and can forgo the United PQD, and will just book direct on ANA site. Just wanted clarification.
Any seats that aren't blocked or occupied (i.e. usually the front 2-3 rows of Y, and the bassinet positions). I've even been able to get 30A (exit row window) when booking far out enough (016 stock, UA flight number).
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Melodsal
I think it's official - I called up today to select seats for upcoming codeshares (without even trying the website!) and the agent told me that I can now select my seats directly on the website! This is an amazing improvement.
I just booked two tickets, one for me and one for Mrs. Milepig. Had to do two bookings as I was chasing the last available seats in a certain fare class and if I booked us together I would have paid the higher fare for both tickets.

In any case, I'm UA Platinum, and my seats were automatically assigned when the reservation came through. Mrs. Milepig is Silver, and her's came back without seats having been assigned. I was able to reserve for her online within minutes of the tickets having been issued.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Question Selected my seat, but now cannot change it?

I have a UA code share flight on NH from SIN-NRT in November. I was able to select my seat at first, but now I cannot change it. Every time I go in to the reservation and select a new seat, I get this message:

Information

With regards to the operation of the browser's "Back" button and operation from a bookmarked screen, etc., there may be cases when the processing cannot be continued. We apologize for the inconvenience, but please try again. (E_G02F25_0003)

And my seat stays the same as my original selection. FWIW, I can access my reservation with either the NH or UA PNR. The result is the same with either.

Any ideas?

TIA
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: DL FO
Hi - I see that we can now pick seats when having booked a UA codeshare operated by ANA. Anyone know if we can use online check in as well?

Thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:59 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by hoth300
Hi - I see that we can now pick seats when having booked a UA codeshare operated by ANA. Anyone know if we can use online check in as well?

Thanks!
There is this thread on page 1 of the forum, just below this seat thread

OLCI for NH segments booked by UA as code-share?

OLCI for NH segments booked by UA as code-share?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.