Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

777-300ER v2 middle exit row or non exit row aisle?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2011, 1:03 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Japan Forum, Skyteam Elite Plus, BW Diamond Select, HHonors Gold, NWA, DL, NH

Hello to some of my fellow Japan forum posters (and everyone else on the ANA section).

I have an upcoming flight on a ANA 777-300ER version 2:
http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_co...ap/b777_300er/

The plane is pretty full from the seat map, however Exit-rows 24 B & J are open for this flight to select.

If you had a choice, would you go with the middle exit row or a aisle seat/non exit row (for example seat 28G?) From my understanding, aisles in the G column are better then the D column because D seats have limited legroom due to a utility box in the way.

I'm not a tall person, even the budge of the emergency door doesn't bother me (at least on a NW (now Delta) 744 exit row).
Old Jan 30, 2011, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by railroadtycoon
Hello to some of my fellow Japan forum posters (and everyone else on the ANA section).

I have an upcoming flight on a ANA 777-300ER version 2:
http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_co...ap/b777_300er/

The plane is pretty full from the seat map, however Exit-rows 24 B & J are open for this flight to select.

If you had a choice, would you go with the middle exit row or a aisle seat/non exit row (for example seat 28G?) From my understanding, aisles in the G column are better then the D column because D seats have limited legroom due to a utility box in the way.

I'm not a tall person, even the budge of the emergency door doesn't bother me (at least on a NW (now Delta) 744 exit row).
24 B for me.......
Old Jan 30, 2011, 3:02 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
The middle exit row seats have the most unimpeded legroom in coach (the aisle seats will get run over by carts and pedestrians, while the window seats have bulky doors in the way), so I would also take 24B. As an added bonus, nobody will be climbing over you to get out of their seat, since the person in 24A has plenty of room to get up and walk around your legs.

Absent the option of anything in the 24 row, I would take a G seat.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 3:24 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Japan Forum, Skyteam Elite Plus, BW Diamond Select, HHonors Gold, NWA, DL, NH
Fantastic.

Another item, are there at seat powerports? I'm guessing no but just double checking.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 3:26 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
No power in regular Y on the old-style 777. You would have to switch to PY or to a new-style 777.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 3:38 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks for the information! ^
Old Jun 8, 2012, 4:09 pm

Does anyone have experience in exit Row 30 on the other version of this equipment (http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_co...777_300er_1/)? Looking at 30 H & J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.