Search

Ana 767 sin-nrt

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2010, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa Gold, SQ Gold, Hilton Gold, MarriottPlat
Ana 767 sin-nrt

Hi,

Hope someone can offer some advice. I am contemplating flying ANA from SIN to NRT at the end if the year in Y class. Normally I always fly C class on SQ, however, as this time I am flying in Y class and ANA timing is slightly better, thought I might give it a try. From Seatguru I find they have two models of the 767 in operation. What model is employed in the SIN route? Also do the seats have AVOD?

The choice I have for the day time flight is Y class are SQ 747 or ANA 767. What would you do?

Thanks!
Old Sep 2, 2010, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

767-300ER deployed on this route
It's using the 2-1-2 config in Business Class
all seats have AVOD.

Which would I fly? Really hard to say(I would fly NH for bonus miles), maybe others can chime in.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 10:05 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by fumitani
767-300ER deployed on this route
It's using the 2-1-2 config in Business Class
all seats have AVOD.

Which would I fly? Really hard to say(I would fly NH for bonus miles), maybe others can chime in.
Any particular seat recommendation in business on this flight/aircraft?
Old Sep 2, 2010, 10:10 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
isn't the OP asking about Y seating and avod?
Old Sep 2, 2010, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by armattheus
Yes, I think they are....
Old Sep 2, 2010, 7:16 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
I usually prefer 767 Y over 747 Y, regardless of carrier, because the seating is much more accessible. Instead of 3-4-3 in coach you usually get 2-3-2, so there are much fewer middle seats, and the window seats have easier access to the aisle.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa Gold, SQ Gold, Hilton Gold, MarriottPlat
Thanks everyone for the replies so far! Yes, indeed I am only looking at comparing economy seats this time.

So I understand the seating arrangement in the ANA 767 is preferred over the SQ 747, 2-3-2 instead of 3-4-3. What about AVOD? Does ANA offer AVOD on this route?

Thanks!
Old Sep 2, 2010, 11:38 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Yes, ANA has AVOD. IIRC, they have fewer selections on intra-Asia routes than on transpacific routes, but there should be something interesting to watch.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by armattheus
reason why I replied with the 2-1-2 config in Business class is that the OP is confused which of the two configs are used in this run.

If the OP looked at economy they almost look identical and won't be able to tell the difference

Economy the best seats are row 15!!!! Exitrow seating limit legroom so I would not suggest it much. If you want more detailed photo's i'll be flying the 767-300ER aircraft two weeks from now and I will give you some photo's. This is under the circumstance that the flight isn't full to the brim!
Old Sep 3, 2010, 6:07 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Having flown both SQ & ANA on the SIN-NRT route, here are the pros and cons.

SQ has better catering than ANA, more so now with all the cost cutting.

ANA flies the 763 with new style club ana asia which is the 767 with 2-1-2 in C class as mentioned by the others. On the 767, I find the seats rather narrow. However as others have mentioned the 2-3-2 layout is a big plus.

SQ has a much better selection on the IFE. ANA has rather limited choices, especially on regional planes.

Service on both are just as good in my opinion.

As for seating, I think anywhere in the mini cabin right after the C cabin is nice. Be warned that their emergency exit row seats are extremely narrow because the have got PTV and tray tables in the arm rest.

You can check out the meal options here
http://www.ana.co.jp/int/svc/w_en/y/meal/
Old Sep 3, 2010, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by dfs24

As for seating, I think anywhere in the mini cabin right after the C cabin is nice. Be warned that their emergency exit row seats are extremely narrow because the have got PTV and tray tables in the arm rest.
Not really, the mini cabin right after C is just the same as the back, narrow seats, no legroom at all !

I agree with fumitani only bulkhead row 15 is the best on the 763 new style.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 8:31 pm

Programs: NZ
Have to agree, seat pitch on the B767 is dire!!!!
Cabin service was excellent though, even for Y!
Old Sep 3, 2010, 10:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Air Miles
Originally Posted by MichaelAKL
Have to agree, seat pitch on the B767 is dire!!!!
Cabin service was excellent though, even for Y!
talking about seat pitch....even ANA 772 seat pitch is not generous. I flew from Kagoshima to Haneda and I felt cramped but on my HND to KOJ flight on Skynet Asia (codeshare with NH), the seat pitch is 1 inch more!!! And that was on a 737-400..
Old Sep 4, 2010, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by Ichinensei
talking about seat pitch....even ANA 772 seat pitch is not generous. I flew from Kagoshima to Haneda and I felt cramped but on my HND to KOJ flight on Skynet Asia (codeshare with NH), the seat pitch is 1 inch more!!! And that was on a 737-400..
Well domestic 772 is even worse, as it is 3-4-3 in Y. I find the domestic and international 744 in Y are more tolerable than any other planes.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 9:17 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Not really, the mini cabin right after C is just the same as the back, narrow seats, no legroom at all !

I agree with fumitani only bulkhead row 15 is the best on the 763 new style.
The pitch is just as bad, but its nice when I flew cos its more private and seemed to get better service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.