FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club-443/)
-   -   ANA Boeing 767-300 regional Business Class seats photo report (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club/1087560-ana-boeing-767-300-regional-business-class-seats-photo-report.html)

Jet2K May 20, 2010 10:41 pm

ANA Boeing 767-300 regional Business Class seats photo report

Last year, we took a ANA Boeing 767-300 flight in regional Business Class from Tokyo to Singapore, here is our photo report for the seats:

http://AirlineExpert.com/_NH_763ER_Business_Class_seats_p1.html

tonywestsider May 21, 2010 10:18 pm

Thanks for posting the photos of regional Business Class NRT-SIN 767-300. I took the same route in Premium Economy 3 years ago on a 767-300. It was two of the best flights I've ever had. Amazingly good service even in PE.

ORDnHKG May 22, 2010 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by tonywestsider (Post 14002076)
I took the same route in Premium Economy 3 years ago on a 767-300. It was two of the best flights I've ever had. Amazingly good service even in PE.

There is never premium economy on the 763, you are probably on the 2 class 772. As that was the plane used for NRT-SIN before it downgraded to a 763.

tonywestsider May 23, 2010 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 14006165)
There is never premium economy on the 763, you are probably on the 2 class 772. As that was the plane used for NRT-SIN before it downgraded to a 763.

Sorry, it was a 767-300 with PE in 2007 in both directions. Rows 15 to 19 on that a/c were PE.

mcgahat May 23, 2010 11:20 pm

Thanks for sharing the photos. Looks like the same aircraft we took a couple of tiimes between KIX and HKG. I am not really a huge fan of the seats but they are fine for short flights and the service is always good on NH. One thing I found interesting and it reminded me of it as I was looking at your photos. The FA's told us to not take pics on the ground.....had to wait till we were in the air. I had never heard that anyplace but NH. Looks like it was not an issue on your flight and perhaps it was a one off in our experience.

payam81 May 23, 2010 11:31 pm

Nice product as far as regional goes, specially that loner middle seat.

I would have tried it more often, but NH's been quite pricey the past few months and it's difficult to book directly with them for intera-asia flights with US/Canadian cards.

Maybe next January, in the low season I can book an AC codeshare. For now, I'll stick to Y in SQ11, which by the way is a fantastic product and a fantastic plane.

joejones May 23, 2010 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by mcgahat (Post 14011515)
One thing I found interesting and it reminded me of it as I was looking at your photos. The FA's told us to not take pics on the ground.....had to wait till we were in the air.

Japanese aviation regs say that all electronics have to be off inside the cabin while the plane is on the ground, whether or not any radio waves are emitted.

Jet2K May 24, 2010 12:44 am

You are very welcome mcgahat, we had also had FAs told us that no pictures are allowed while on the ground, but really cannot remember whether that was before or after the particular NH 763 flight.

We sometimes bring on board boxes of candies for the flight crew, especially when we were doing some shopping ourselves, perhaps that might have made a minor difference in some cases.

Mrs. Jet2K just mentioned to me that she had read on some forums about this issue, and that the regulation is less strictly enforced (or not enforced) outside of Japan on Japanese carriers.

There must be a lot of exceptions and exemptions to the regulation as stated by joejones, such as pace-makers, ipods, wrist-watches, cell phones, real-time clock on PCs, PCs on stand-by, blue-tooth headset, ...etc. It almost seem to be an unenforceable regulation.

It is also curious that I have never heard any announcement prior to boarding that electronic devices are to be turned off while the plane is on the ground. Unfortunately I do not speak Japanese, perhaps the announcement were made without me understanding them, I certainly do not wish to knowingly violate the laws of any nation.

joejones May 24, 2010 1:50 am

The regulation naturally can't be absolute, but it is enforced to the extent that the cabin attendants can enforce it. I got shouted at angrily for looking at an email on my cell phone while waiting to disembark from an ANA flight once...

This is true on Japanese carriers even outside Japan. If you fly ANA or JAL to the US, for instance, they will not let you use a cell phone on the ground while taxiing to the gate, even though US carriers will happily let you do so.

ORDnHKG May 24, 2010 11:08 am

Originally Posted by tonywestsider (Post 14010101)
Sorry, it was a 767-300 with PE in 2007 in both directions. Rows 15 to 19 on that a/c were PE.

NH 763 row 15-19 are standard Y seats 2-3-2 with 31" legroom, no difference than the back, no matter it is old seats or new seats. Been on that plane many times through the years on NH. The only planes with premium economy on NH is 77W, 744, and 2 class 772. (int'l only, not regional ones)

If you don't believe, go to seatguru, or better yet NH site to see if you can find what you described.

I don't think there is any airline in the world has premium economy on a 767 either.

payam81 May 24, 2010 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 14013898)
NH 763 row 15-19 are standard Y seats 2-3-2 with 31" legroom, no difference than the back, no matter it is old seats or new seats. Been on that plane many times through the years on NH. The only planes with premium economy on NH is 77W, 744, and 2 class 772. (int'l only, not regional ones)

If you don't believe, go to seatguru, or better yet NH site to see if you can find what you described.

I don't think there is any airline in the world has premium economy on a 767 either.

UA?

joejones May 24, 2010 3:51 pm

Economy Plus is not premium economy.

BA has premium economy on certain 767s though: see http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Bri...ng_767-300.php

payam81 May 24, 2010 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by joejones (Post 14015688)
Economy Plus is not premium economy.

BA has premium economy on certain 767s though: see http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Bri...ng_767-300.php

Yes, UA is not in the same league as NH however SeatGuru lists it along with the other Premium Economy airlines.

tonywestsider May 24, 2010 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 14013898)

Nope, NH's seating charts show PE for their 767s from rows 15-19 as opposed rows 22 to 45Y. The seat pitch certainly was not 31" I have the actual NH timetable and seating charts for those flights. Those seats also came with slippers for customers, which I was told by others on this forum that the slippers are for PE customers-and and also available C/J and F classes.

ORDnHKG May 24, 2010 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by payam81 (Post 14017343)
Yes, UA is not in the same league as NH however SeatGuru lists it along with the other Premium Economy airlines.

No matter what seatguru said, it is for sure UA is economy plus. Seatguru is just plain wrong and giving the wrong impression to other people never flown UA.

The reason UA is calling as economy plus, because it is basically economy plus a few more inches of legroom, nothing else.

All airlines when they call premium economy, other than more legroom, it is also about more seat width usually 1 or 2 seats less per row depends on the plane, some also have better amenities and better meals. But then these airlines would charge a premium (often close to discount business) for premium economy seat, where UA only charge $100 tops for long haul flight.

ORDnHKG May 24, 2010 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by tonywestsider (Post 14017477)
Nope, NH's seating charts show PE for their 767s from rows 15-19 as opposed rows 22 to 45Y. The seat pitch certainly was not 31" I have the actual NH timetable and seating charts for those flights. Those seats also came with slippers for customers, which I was told by others on this forum that the slippers are for PE customers-and and also available C/J and F classes.

I still have no idea what you are talking about and so does others. :confused:

Version 1

http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_co.../b767_300er_1/

Version 2

http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_co.../b767_300er_2/

Version 1 is the one with old interior with no PTV in Y.
Version 2 is the one with new interior (777 style), with clubANA Asia and PTV in Y. So what is your version ?
I have been flying NH for 10 years, there is no other version except the domestic ones.

No matter what it showed, and it doesn't show any premium economy at the chart at all (from NH's own website, and from NH's printed timetable, I had NH's printed timetable date back to 10 years ago as well), I always have seated row 15-19 whenever I am on the 763. Basically on that plane, other than bulkhead row 15 or exit row 22, any other Y seats are simply unbearable to me, as not only tight legroom, the seats are narrow as well, half an inch more narrow than UA's 763.

Moreover, even if there is premium economy seats on the plane if it is 77W or 744 or those 2 class intl 777 flying regional routes, premium economy never sold as premium economy, it is for long haul only.

tonywestsider May 25, 2010 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 14017667)
I still have no idea what you are talking about and so does others. :confused:

Version 1

http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_co.../b767_300er_1/

Version 2

http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_co.../b767_300er_2/

Version 1 is the one with old interior with no PTV in Y.
Version 2 is the one with new interior (777 style), with clubANA Asia and PTV in Y. So what is your version ?
I have been flying NH for 10 years, there is no other version except the domestic ones.

No matter what it showed, and it doesn't show any premium economy at the chart at all (from NH's own website, and from NH's printed timetable, I had NH's printed timetable date back to 10 years ago as well), I always have seated row 15-19 whenever I am on the 763. Basically on that plane, other than bulkhead row 15 or exit row 22, any other Y seats are simply unbearable to me, as not only tight legroom, the seats are narrow as well, half an inch more narrow than UA's 763.

Moreover, even if there is premium economy seats on the plane if it is 77W or 744 or those 2 class intl 777 flying regional routes, premium economy never sold as premium economy, it is for long haul only.

Sir, it's Version 2. If you really squint at that seating chart, you will notice that rows 15 to 19 have more legroom than rows 22 to 45 on the 767-300 Version 2. I was seated in 17G in one direction, 16G on the other. Yes, it was a 777 styled cabin. NH was probably one of the last carriers to have these planes delivered in 2005. As far as the labels are concerned in the different cabin classes of the seating chart, it's all Y from rows 15 to 45. However, if you really look graphically at the seating chart, there are differences in space between seats in plan view. I felt fine seated in one of the seats between rows 15 to 19. Apparently, you did not feel the same way. As far as NH service went at rows 15 to 19, there were subtle differences such as the slippers for example, that seem to differentiate as I am told by others in this forum that part of the cabin from the rest of Y. Does a pax in row 45 receive amenities such as slippers as does a pax in row 15? Is that an NH form of PE but labeled Y? Or, as others mentioned on this thread, is it E Plus aka UA?

pWei May 25, 2010 9:54 pm

Row 15-19 on SIN-NRT is just economy. No slippers, and none of the premium cabin humidifying mask, too. I've been on that route quite a few times and tried that mini cabin once. It was enough for me, for I felt it was a little warmer than the back cabin. Didn't really notice much of a difference in service too.

That said, maybe it was different then. I only started flying on it around 08.

I'd rather sit further back and hope for a empty next to me. That mini cabin usually fills up to the brim.

tonywestsider May 25, 2010 10:09 pm

Service in 2007 may have been different compared to now. You didn't get the slippers for example, in 08. I did in 07. I was fortunate when I flew in the "mini-cabin" that it was not fully booked. Also, back to an earlier debate, the 767-300 Version 1 seems to have all the same seating, legroom wise from row 15 all the way to the rear of the cabin.

Euan May 26, 2010 2:54 am

I've done a review of BKK-NRT on ANA in Business Class as part of a bigger trip report that I did in October 2009. Very enjoyable.

Link in signature.

ORDnHKG May 26, 2010 8:58 am

Originally Posted by tonywestsider (Post 14023193)
However, if you really look graphically at the seating chart, there are differences in space between seats in plan view.

It may look different in the chart, but in reality, it is just the same legroom as in the back. And expecially if those rows have more legroom than others, NH would have blocked for elite seating, whereas NH only block bulkhead and exit for elites on the 763, as only those two rows on the 763 have more legroom.

Originally Posted by tonywestsider (Post 14023193)
As far as NH service went at rows 15 to 19, there were subtle differences such as the slippers for example, that seem to differentiate as I am told by others in this forum that part of the cabin from the rest of Y. Does a pax in row 45 receive amenities such as slippers as does a pax in row 15? Is that an NH form of PE but labeled Y? Or, as others mentioned on this thread, is it E Plus aka UA?

You had only flown that segment once, perhaps the cleaners mistakenly put the slippers on those seats ? I don't know who told you that in this forum, but I can certainly say no one agree with what you are saying. NH had never reconfig the 763, they are all delivered as it is.

I am not aware NH during that time frame put slippers just for NRT-SIN, as even longer sector flown by 763 NRT-HNL never have slippers for those rows.

As far as NH's 763, they are all recycled to different routes, those 763 that fly to china will also fly NRT-SIN/BKK, as regional 763 with NH all belong with Air Japan (NQ). Therefore on any given week, it would have all 7 different 763 on that single route. (I know this because there is a site to track the registration number had been flown on what day and what route)

joejones May 26, 2010 7:59 pm

Which site is that? I know there is one for US domestic flights but haven't seen a decent one for international flights.

ORDnHKG May 27, 2010 11:12 am

Originally Posted by joejones (Post 14029491)
Which site is that? I know there is one for US domestic flights but haven't seen a decent one for international flights.

PM sent.

tonywestsider Jun 2, 2010 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 14025715)
It may look different in the chart, but in reality, it is just the same legroom as in the back. And expecially if those rows have more legroom than others, NH would have blocked for elite seating, whereas NH only block bulkhead and exit for elites on the 763, as only those two rows on the 763 have more legroom.

You had only flown that segment once, perhaps the cleaners mistakenly put the slippers on those seats ? I don't know who told you that in this forum, but I can certainly say no one agree with what you are saying. NH had never reconfig the 763, they are all delivered as it is.

I am not aware NH during that time frame put slippers just for NRT-SIN, as even longer sector flown by 763 NRT-HNL never have slippers for those rows.

As far as NH's 763, they are all recycled to different routes, those 763 that fly to china will also fly NRT-SIN/BKK, as regional 763 with NH all belong with Air Japan (NQ). Therefore on any given week, it would have all 7 different 763 on that single route. (I know this because there is a site to track the registration number had been flown on what day and what route)

1. I see what you are saying based on another 763 Version 2 flight I had a few days ago. I did see the legroom on the exit row/bulkhead rows that have more legroom than others.

2. No, I flew that segment twice with those amenities. I'll try to pull up a link to another thread in this forum that discusses NH amenities in general.

3. What NH did regarding amenities in 2007 may not be available now, regardless of a/c. Don't get me started on this one.

pWei Jun 2, 2010 7:43 pm

Even now vs 08, there are subtle differences. For example, catering. Food is now a little bit more skimped on. Edamame is gone. Breakfast is usually :( tasteless.

Other than that, thankfully NQ doesn't seem all too different from mainline on NRT-SIN. I'm looking forward to the 763's replacement, but hopefully everything stays the same way. It's weird doing NQ for half the flights to a certain dest, but to essentially identical service levels.

ORDnHKG Jun 3, 2010 12:12 am

Originally Posted by tonywestsider (Post 14064510)
2. No, I flew that segment twice with those amenities. I'll try to pull up a link to another thread in this forum that discusses NH amenities in general.

Good luck in finding it, don't think there is any discussion about premium economy on NH's 763.

As for NH amenities in general, they had listed in their own website, even with photos.

Originally Posted by tonywestsider (Post 14064510)
3. What NH did regarding amenities in 2007 may not be available now, regardless of a/c. Don't get me started on this one.

NH did very little changes regarding to amenities, and I know exactly what is being offered in all 3 classes. I may not have status with NH, but I flew NH several times a year for the past 10 years in all classes. The only changes is C meal for China, Taiwan routes, the concept from the lady created "home style cooking". I read the monthly Japanese "Airline" magazine, anything new or special regarding NH and JL would be reported first hand.

Not to mention even their Y meals for NRT-HKG-NRT didn't change for the past 5 years except the desert, and cutting Sprite for Y beverage. And that same meal they served for NRT-HKG-NRT served on other regional routes as well from trip reports people post about.

maeharasmuse Jun 3, 2010 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by payam81 (Post 14011539)
Nice product as far as regional goes, specially that loner middle seat.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Imho (perception!!) there is something wrong with that loner middle seat, I absolutely avoid being seated in it: to me, it feels "without cover from any angle".

Not just during boarding, when you get passing Y-pax moving along at both sides.

Also during meal service, and even when you are just trying to take a nap.

There's something about that centre seat that freaks me out!!

I'ld go for a B-seat anytime I could.

Ichinensei Jun 4, 2010 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by maeharasmuse (Post 14072579)
Thanks, but no thanks.

Imho (perception!!) there is something wrong with that loner middle seat, I absolutely avoid being seated in it: to me, it feels "without cover from any angle".

Not just during boarding, when you get passing Y-pax moving along at both sides.

Also during meal service, and even when you are just trying to take a nap.

There's something about that centre seat that freaks me out!!

I'ld go for a B-seat anytime I could.

I have 4 legs on ANA next month, all A seats since I like the window. But I just switched my redeye from SIN to NRT to the D seat. Maybe i get served twice. :D

tonywestsider Jun 7, 2010 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 14067603)
Good luck in finding it, don't think there is any discussion about premium economy on NH's 763.

As for NH amenities in general, they had listed in their own website, even with photos.

NH did very little changes regarding to amenities, and I know exactly what is being offered in all 3 classes. I may not have status with NH, but I flew NH several times a year for the past 10 years in all classes. The only changes is C meal for China, Taiwan routes, the concept from the lady created "home style cooking". I read the monthly Japanese "Airline" magazine, anything new or special regarding NH and JL would be reported first hand.

Not to mention even their Y meals for NRT-HKG-NRT didn't change for the past 5 years except the desert, and cutting Sprite for Y beverage. And that same meal they served for NRT-HKG-NRT served on other regional routes as well from trip reports people post about.

1. You might be right. There doesn't seem to be a discussion of NH 763s and premium economy. But you've quoted me saying that there was a thread that discusses amenities in general and I wished me luck finding it. In fact, here it is:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-n...erience-2.html

And if you look on Post #30, you've quoted and responded to me regarding slippers back in 2008. What luck!

2. I would still agree with some of the other posts here that there are subtle differences between what NH offered 3 years ago compared to now, perhaps in the meal/snack category. One example, ice cream was served as a snack on some flights in Y, three years ago. Today, the ice cream has been replaced by "ANA My Choice" for purchase.

exemplar Jun 7, 2010 10:22 pm

does anyone know if NH is planning to update the business class seats on the 763?

JALPak Jun 8, 2010 3:00 am

Originally Posted by exemplar (Post 14095162)
does anyone know if NH is planning to update the business class seats on the 763?

More likely not...they are replacing 763 with 787 but you never know

ctflyer3000 Jun 9, 2010 10:01 am

Originally Posted by tonywestsider (Post 14002076)
Thanks for posting the photos of regional Business Class NRT-SIN 767-300. I took the same route in Premium Economy 3 years ago on a 767-300. It was two of the best flights I've ever had. Amazingly good service even in PE.

Maybe it's a dead horse, but I will chime in to say there is absolutely no PY on NH 767s interasia. Especially 4 rows of it.

As for updating the 767s, I think they are planning to slowly sell them off. They have to do something with (the eventual) 50+ 787s!

joejones Jun 9, 2010 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by tonywestsider (Post 14095088)
One example, ice cream was served as a snack on some flights in Y, three years ago. Today, the ice cream has been replaced by "ANA My Choice" for purchase.

PLEASE say this isn't true. I got the ice cream on two long-haul flights back in April. If it's gone now, I will officially say that NH has nickel-and-dimed themselves to death.

ORDnHKG Jun 9, 2010 10:14 pm

And if you look on Post #30, you've quoted and responded to me regarding slippers back in 2008. What luck!

In that thread, you were talking about slippers in long haul economy, which I replied there was none, only exist in premium economy. The conditon still hold true as of now or back then. Only long haul premium economy has slippers.

Even when 747 with premium economy fly regional routes like NRT-HKG, there is no slippers at all, as those seats are not sold as premium economy, just as regular Y for NH elites and sometimes *G. Regional routes no matter the plane is 4 class (F,C,PY,Y) or 2 class, it always sell as C and Y only.

I don't quite understand what makes you keep saying there is, as none of the other NH frequent fliers agree what you said at all. :confused:

2. I would still agree with some of the other posts here that there are subtle differences between what NH offered 3 years ago compared to now, perhaps in the meal/snack category. One example, ice cream was served as a snack on some flights in Y, three years ago. Today, the ice cream has been replaced by "ANA My Choice" for purchase.

Are you talking about long haul or regional ? As for regional routes, ice cream is retricted to C only, in fact ice cream is served as desert for C exclusively.

ORDnHKG Jun 9, 2010 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by exemplar (Post 14095162)

NH C seats on the 763 is good enough, they are only used for regional routes, unlike some carriers use it for long haul. Why would they need to spend money to update a regional product when 787 is coming soon ?

There are only 3 routes are a little longer in NH's system, all other 763 routes are within 5 hours range. NH tend to rotate all 763 in all different routes, rather than just restricted to several routes.

Euan Jun 10, 2010 5:12 am

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 14108158)
NH C seats on the 763 is good enough, they are only used for regional routes

I would agree. For the 6 hour flight from BKK-NRT I took on the 763 I found the seats perfect. Not sure if it was being in row 1 with no one reclining into you that helped.

joejones Jun 10, 2010 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 14108158)
NH C seats on the 763 is good enough, they are only used for regional routes, unlike some carriers use it for long haul. Why would they need to spend money to update a regional product when 787 is coming soon ?

A number of SE Asia routes (as well as NRT-HNL) are eastbound red-eyes, and many NH competitors in these markets (SQ, UA, DL, OZ, CX etc.) offer either lie-flat or flat-bed seats in business class, so NH is well behind the times.

tonywestsider Jun 10, 2010 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 14108127)
In that thread, you were talking about slippers in long haul economy, which I replied there was none, only exist in premium economy. The conditon still hold true as of now or back then. Only long haul premium economy has slippers.

Even when 747 with premium economy fly regional routes like NRT-HKG, there is no slippers at all, as those seats are not sold as premium economy, just as regular Y for NH elites and sometimes *G. Regional routes no matter the plane is 4 class (F,C,PY,Y) or 2 class, it always sell as C and Y only.

I don't quite understand what makes you keep saying there is, as none of the other NH frequent fliers agree what you said at all. :confused:

Are you talking about long haul or regional ? As for regional routes, ice cream is retricted to C only, in fact ice cream is served as desert for C exclusively.

1. Regarding slippers in the 2008 thread, that discussion was in general regarding amenities and yes the discussion was regarding long haul and regional service, economy and premium economy. All four discussions were mixed in the same thread in different posts. The OP in this thread discussed Business class on a regional 763. Then there was discussion where I thought there was PE on a 763, where it seems there is not, however, amenities such as slippers were found by me on some of the 763 flights, which suggest PE amenities as discussed in the posts referring to long haul PE in the 2008 thread. Confusing? Sure, I don't disagree to that. Was it a mistake by NH service crews placing slippers in that part of the cabin in the 763s? I don't know. It sure didn't look like a mistake to me.

2. I don't want to get into a lengthy discussion about ice cream nor PJs as the 2008 thread got into. I do remember the ice cream service in long haul Y class back in 2007. It was not available last week on long haul nor the week before. If ice cream is only available in regional C today then that's the service NH has today. I won't argue about that. I certainly did not see any ice cream served in a regional 763 flight Y cabin over a week ago.

ctflyer3000 Jun 11, 2010 9:04 am

Originally Posted by joejones (Post 14113897)
A number of SE Asia routes (as well as NRT-HNL) are eastbound red-eyes, and many NH competitors in these markets (SQ, UA, DL, OZ, CX etc.) offer either lie-flat or flat-bed seats in business class, so NH is well behind the times.

I concur. Perhaps with the introduction of their new product we will see a retrofititng of their 'lie flat' seats on Asian routes.

beofotch Nov 26, 2012 3:31 pm

any updates on how the ANA "Air Japan" 767 Regional Business class stacks up?