FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club-443/)
-   -   ANA Boeing 767-300 regional Business Class seats photo report (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club/1087560-ana-boeing-767-300-regional-business-class-seats-photo-report.html)

JALPak Jun 8, 2010 3:00 am

Originally Posted by exemplar (Post 14095162)
does anyone know if NH is planning to update the business class seats on the 763?

More likely not...they are replacing 763 with 787 but you never know

ctflyer3000 Jun 9, 2010 10:01 am

Originally Posted by tonywestsider (Post 14002076)
Thanks for posting the photos of regional Business Class NRT-SIN 767-300. I took the same route in Premium Economy 3 years ago on a 767-300. It was two of the best flights I've ever had. Amazingly good service even in PE.

Maybe it's a dead horse, but I will chime in to say there is absolutely no PY on NH 767s interasia. Especially 4 rows of it.

As for updating the 767s, I think they are planning to slowly sell them off. They have to do something with (the eventual) 50+ 787s!

joejones Jun 9, 2010 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by tonywestsider (Post 14095088)
One example, ice cream was served as a snack on some flights in Y, three years ago. Today, the ice cream has been replaced by "ANA My Choice" for purchase.

PLEASE say this isn't true. I got the ice cream on two long-haul flights back in April. If it's gone now, I will officially say that NH has nickel-and-dimed themselves to death.

ORDnHKG Jun 9, 2010 10:14 pm

And if you look on Post #30, you've quoted and responded to me regarding slippers back in 2008. What luck!

In that thread, you were talking about slippers in long haul economy, which I replied there was none, only exist in premium economy. The conditon still hold true as of now or back then. Only long haul premium economy has slippers.

Even when 747 with premium economy fly regional routes like NRT-HKG, there is no slippers at all, as those seats are not sold as premium economy, just as regular Y for NH elites and sometimes *G. Regional routes no matter the plane is 4 class (F,C,PY,Y) or 2 class, it always sell as C and Y only.

I don't quite understand what makes you keep saying there is, as none of the other NH frequent fliers agree what you said at all. :confused:

2. I would still agree with some of the other posts here that there are subtle differences between what NH offered 3 years ago compared to now, perhaps in the meal/snack category. One example, ice cream was served as a snack on some flights in Y, three years ago. Today, the ice cream has been replaced by "ANA My Choice" for purchase.

Are you talking about long haul or regional ? As for regional routes, ice cream is retricted to C only, in fact ice cream is served as desert for C exclusively.

ORDnHKG Jun 9, 2010 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by exemplar (Post 14095162)
does anyone know if NH is planning to update the business class seats on the 763?

NH C seats on the 763 is good enough, they are only used for regional routes, unlike some carriers use it for long haul. Why would they need to spend money to update a regional product when 787 is coming soon ?

There are only 3 routes are a little longer in NH's system, all other 763 routes are within 5 hours range. NH tend to rotate all 763 in all different routes, rather than just restricted to several routes.

Euan Jun 10, 2010 5:12 am

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 14108158)
NH C seats on the 763 is good enough, they are only used for regional routes

I would agree. For the 6 hour flight from BKK-NRT I took on the 763 I found the seats perfect. Not sure if it was being in row 1 with no one reclining into you that helped.

joejones Jun 10, 2010 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 14108158)
NH C seats on the 763 is good enough, they are only used for regional routes, unlike some carriers use it for long haul. Why would they need to spend money to update a regional product when 787 is coming soon ?

A number of SE Asia routes (as well as NRT-HNL) are eastbound red-eyes, and many NH competitors in these markets (SQ, UA, DL, OZ, CX etc.) offer either lie-flat or flat-bed seats in business class, so NH is well behind the times.

tonywestsider Jun 10, 2010 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 14108127)
In that thread, you were talking about slippers in long haul economy, which I replied there was none, only exist in premium economy. The conditon still hold true as of now or back then. Only long haul premium economy has slippers.

Even when 747 with premium economy fly regional routes like NRT-HKG, there is no slippers at all, as those seats are not sold as premium economy, just as regular Y for NH elites and sometimes *G. Regional routes no matter the plane is 4 class (F,C,PY,Y) or 2 class, it always sell as C and Y only.

I don't quite understand what makes you keep saying there is, as none of the other NH frequent fliers agree what you said at all. :confused:

Are you talking about long haul or regional ? As for regional routes, ice cream is retricted to C only, in fact ice cream is served as desert for C exclusively.

1. Regarding slippers in the 2008 thread, that discussion was in general regarding amenities and yes the discussion was regarding long haul and regional service, economy and premium economy. All four discussions were mixed in the same thread in different posts. The OP in this thread discussed Business class on a regional 763. Then there was discussion where I thought there was PE on a 763, where it seems there is not, however, amenities such as slippers were found by me on some of the 763 flights, which suggest PE amenities as discussed in the posts referring to long haul PE in the 2008 thread. Confusing? Sure, I don't disagree to that. Was it a mistake by NH service crews placing slippers in that part of the cabin in the 763s? I don't know. It sure didn't look like a mistake to me.

2. I don't want to get into a lengthy discussion about ice cream nor PJs as the 2008 thread got into. I do remember the ice cream service in long haul Y class back in 2007. It was not available last week on long haul nor the week before. If ice cream is only available in regional C today then that's the service NH has today. I won't argue about that. I certainly did not see any ice cream served in a regional 763 flight Y cabin over a week ago.

ctflyer3000 Jun 11, 2010 9:04 am

Originally Posted by joejones (Post 14113897)
A number of SE Asia routes (as well as NRT-HNL) are eastbound red-eyes, and many NH competitors in these markets (SQ, UA, DL, OZ, CX etc.) offer either lie-flat or flat-bed seats in business class, so NH is well behind the times.

I concur. Perhaps with the introduction of their new product we will see a retrofititng of their 'lie flat' seats on Asian routes.

beofotch Nov 26, 2012 3:31 pm

any updates on how the ANA "Air Japan" 767 Regional Business class stacks up?

global happy traveller Nov 26, 2012 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by beofotch (Post 19749192)

Good for day flights, hard to sleep for redeyes

joejones Nov 26, 2012 4:47 pm

It depends to some extent on whether you get an "old" 767 or a "new" 767, but both seats are effectively recliners so there doesn't seem to be a huge difference.

armagebedar Nov 26, 2012 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by beofotch (Post 19749192)

It's the same as other NH's intra-Asia business class -- Club Asia seats with the same service as mainline NH flights.

beofotch Nov 27, 2012 7:00 am

thanks for the responses. In September 2013 I'm flying on an Award ticket with my wife, which includes SGN - NRT and KIX - HKG both on a NH767. The KIX - HKG segment is part of a United Airlines F Award Ticket (KIX - HKG - BKK - SYD - AKL - NOU). What are the chances NH substitutes or schedule changes KIX - HKG into 3 class equipment? If so, I could call UA and have them add me to F instead of the C cabin. I am guessing SGN - NRT is less likely to have a 3 cabin aircraft in the future.

wattage Nov 27, 2012 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by joejones (Post 14107307)
PLEASE say this isn't true. I got the ice cream on two long-haul flights back in April. If it's gone now, I will officially say that NH has nickel-and-dimed themselves to death.

FYI only: I don't know if folks consider NRT-DEL to be Intra-Asia, but I had ice cream on the way to DEL flying economy last week. I got chocolates on the way back, instead. I got ice cream in Y on SEA-NRT both directions.