FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club-443/)
-   -   ANA Boeing 767-300 regional Business Class seats photo report (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club/1087560-ana-boeing-767-300-regional-business-class-seats-photo-report.html)

Jet2K May 20, 2010 10:41 pm

ANA Boeing 767-300 regional Business Class seats photo report

Last year, we took a ANA Boeing 767-300 flight in regional Business Class from Tokyo to Singapore, here is our photo report for the seats:

http://AirlineExpert.com/_NH_763ER_Business_Class_seats_p1.html

tonywestsider May 21, 2010 10:18 pm

Thanks for posting the photos of regional Business Class NRT-SIN 767-300. I took the same route in Premium Economy 3 years ago on a 767-300. It was two of the best flights I've ever had. Amazingly good service even in PE.

ORDnHKG May 22, 2010 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by tonywestsider (Post 14002076)
I took the same route in Premium Economy 3 years ago on a 767-300. It was two of the best flights I've ever had. Amazingly good service even in PE.

There is never premium economy on the 763, you are probably on the 2 class 772. As that was the plane used for NRT-SIN before it downgraded to a 763.

tonywestsider May 23, 2010 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 14006165)
There is never premium economy on the 763, you are probably on the 2 class 772. As that was the plane used for NRT-SIN before it downgraded to a 763.

Sorry, it was a 767-300 with PE in 2007 in both directions. Rows 15 to 19 on that a/c were PE.

mcgahat May 23, 2010 11:20 pm

Thanks for sharing the photos. Looks like the same aircraft we took a couple of tiimes between KIX and HKG. I am not really a huge fan of the seats but they are fine for short flights and the service is always good on NH. One thing I found interesting and it reminded me of it as I was looking at your photos. The FA's told us to not take pics on the ground.....had to wait till we were in the air. I had never heard that anyplace but NH. Looks like it was not an issue on your flight and perhaps it was a one off in our experience.

payam81 May 23, 2010 11:31 pm

Nice product as far as regional goes, specially that loner middle seat.

I would have tried it more often, but NH's been quite pricey the past few months and it's difficult to book directly with them for intera-asia flights with US/Canadian cards.

Maybe next January, in the low season I can book an AC codeshare. For now, I'll stick to Y in SQ11, which by the way is a fantastic product and a fantastic plane.

joejones May 23, 2010 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by mcgahat (Post 14011515)
One thing I found interesting and it reminded me of it as I was looking at your photos. The FA's told us to not take pics on the ground.....had to wait till we were in the air.

Japanese aviation regs say that all electronics have to be off inside the cabin while the plane is on the ground, whether or not any radio waves are emitted.

Jet2K May 24, 2010 12:44 am

You are very welcome mcgahat, we had also had FAs told us that no pictures are allowed while on the ground, but really cannot remember whether that was before or after the particular NH 763 flight.

We sometimes bring on board boxes of candies for the flight crew, especially when we were doing some shopping ourselves, perhaps that might have made a minor difference in some cases.

Mrs. Jet2K just mentioned to me that she had read on some forums about this issue, and that the regulation is less strictly enforced (or not enforced) outside of Japan on Japanese carriers.

There must be a lot of exceptions and exemptions to the regulation as stated by joejones, such as pace-makers, ipods, wrist-watches, cell phones, real-time clock on PCs, PCs on stand-by, blue-tooth headset, ...etc. It almost seem to be an unenforceable regulation.

It is also curious that I have never heard any announcement prior to boarding that electronic devices are to be turned off while the plane is on the ground. Unfortunately I do not speak Japanese, perhaps the announcement were made without me understanding them, I certainly do not wish to knowingly violate the laws of any nation.

joejones May 24, 2010 1:50 am

The regulation naturally can't be absolute, but it is enforced to the extent that the cabin attendants can enforce it. I got shouted at angrily for looking at an email on my cell phone while waiting to disembark from an ANA flight once...

This is true on Japanese carriers even outside Japan. If you fly ANA or JAL to the US, for instance, they will not let you use a cell phone on the ground while taxiing to the gate, even though US carriers will happily let you do so.

ORDnHKG May 24, 2010 11:08 am

Originally Posted by tonywestsider (Post 14010101)
Sorry, it was a 767-300 with PE in 2007 in both directions. Rows 15 to 19 on that a/c were PE.

NH 763 row 15-19 are standard Y seats 2-3-2 with 31" legroom, no difference than the back, no matter it is old seats or new seats. Been on that plane many times through the years on NH. The only planes with premium economy on NH is 77W, 744, and 2 class 772. (int'l only, not regional ones)

If you don't believe, go to seatguru, or better yet NH site to see if you can find what you described.

I don't think there is any airline in the world has premium economy on a 767 either.

payam81 May 24, 2010 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 14013898)
NH 763 row 15-19 are standard Y seats 2-3-2 with 31" legroom, no difference than the back, no matter it is old seats or new seats. Been on that plane many times through the years on NH. The only planes with premium economy on NH is 77W, 744, and 2 class 772. (int'l only, not regional ones)

If you don't believe, go to seatguru, or better yet NH site to see if you can find what you described.

I don't think there is any airline in the world has premium economy on a 767 either.

UA?

joejones May 24, 2010 3:51 pm

Economy Plus is not premium economy.

BA has premium economy on certain 767s though: see http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Bri...ng_767-300.php

payam81 May 24, 2010 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by joejones (Post 14015688)
Economy Plus is not premium economy.

BA has premium economy on certain 767s though: see http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Bri...ng_767-300.php

Yes, UA is not in the same league as NH however SeatGuru lists it along with the other Premium Economy airlines.

tonywestsider May 24, 2010 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 14013898)

Nope, NH's seating charts show PE for their 767s from rows 15-19 as opposed rows 22 to 45Y. The seat pitch certainly was not 31" I have the actual NH timetable and seating charts for those flights. Those seats also came with slippers for customers, which I was told by others on this forum that the slippers are for PE customers-and and also available C/J and F classes.

ORDnHKG May 24, 2010 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by payam81 (Post 14017343)
Yes, UA is not in the same league as NH however SeatGuru lists it along with the other Premium Economy airlines.

No matter what seatguru said, it is for sure UA is economy plus. Seatguru is just plain wrong and giving the wrong impression to other people never flown UA.

The reason UA is calling as economy plus, because it is basically economy plus a few more inches of legroom, nothing else.

All airlines when they call premium economy, other than more legroom, it is also about more seat width usually 1 or 2 seats less per row depends on the plane, some also have better amenities and better meals. But then these airlines would charge a premium (often close to discount business) for premium economy seat, where UA only charge $100 tops for long haul flight.