Search

2011: Daily flight between Tokyo & Brussels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2010, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA
2011: Daily flight between Tokyo & Brussels

Thought that this would be interesting news:

Today a Belgian media source (Trends) brought the news that starting from 2011 daily non-stop flights will be operated between Tokyo & Brussels. The flight will be operated by ANA with one of the first Boeings 787-800's ANA will receive. The flight will be codeshared by Brussels Airlines.

The news was confirmed today by the spokesman of ANA in Belgium.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 8:19 am

Programs: ANA *G, JAL, Priority Club
Wirelessly posted (KDDI-HI38 UP.Browser/6.2.0.11.1.3.110 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

That is an interesting news.

This news reminds me that I had a lot of delicious moules in Brusseles.

It is also good because my favorite place, Amsterdam is not so far from Brusseles when taking Thalys.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 4:03 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
great

Originally Posted by icchan4970

That is an interesting news.

This news reminds me that I had a lot of delicious moules in Brusseles.

It is also good because my favorite place, Amsterdam is not so far from Brusseles when taking Thalys.
with muc/cdg/lhr/fra always crowed on awards , hopefully this will provide us more options to flight ana .

dp
Old Mar 31, 2010, 6:42 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Glad to see ANA expanding their Europe operations. This also provides more opportunities for award travel, as said above.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 6:46 pm

Programs: NZ , QF , MK
If confirmed this would be great ... but there is nothing in the press release section of NH website , and nothing on Luchtzak.be which is normally where Belgian news get quickly leaked . Would anyone have a link to this story as I would be really interested to read it - thanks .
Old Apr 1, 2010, 2:16 am
Original Poster

It's weird...

The news was release on the renomated website "Trends.be" (which is the website from the weekly (and renomated) magazine "Trends" and is normally a very reliable source)

This was the link: http://trends.rnews.be/nl/economie/n...710818274.htm#

But apparently the message has been deleted?

If it was a april's fool joke then they were one day wrong since they released it yesterday and it was deleted allready...

I assume that Trends released the news to soon without approval.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Apparently the respected newssite Trends.be was "asked" (read: forced) to remove the news by Brussels Airport.

I assume the news will be released again after the visit of our Prime Minister next week to Japan
Old Apr 1, 2010, 8:26 pm

Programs: SQ silver, NH, TG
This is the best news I have heard in a long time
Hope it will materialized
Brussels is a great little airport for fast connections in one terminal and my parents house is only 15 minutes drive from it........
ANA used to codeshare at one time with SABENA (now Brussels Airlines)
Old Apr 2, 2010, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by Bralo20
Apparently the respected newssite Trends.be was "asked" (read: forced) to remove the news by Brussels Airport.

I assume the news will be released again after the visit of our Prime Minister next week to Japan
I found the fact on a Japanese newspaper that Belgian Prime Minister will be visiting Japan on 7th to 10th of this month.
I never thought the news is connected to the Prime Minister's visit.

I wonder which airline the Prime Minister is goint to take for Narita this time.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 7:03 am
Original Poster

I wonder which airline the Prime Minister is goint to take for Narita this time.
Probably "BAF" (Belgian Air Force) with flightnumber BAF6xx.

In one of the following planes:

Airbus A330-300 with civilian registration CS-TMT (dry leased by BAF)
Airbus A310-200 with military registration CA-01 (owned by BAF)
Dassault Falcon 900B with military registration CD-01 (owned by BAF)

I'm guessing that the first one will be used, if that goes technical it's possible that another Airbus from HiFly will be used, since the A330-200 backup had an accident in BRU it's possible that the A340-300 CS-TQM (current backup) is used.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 6:42 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
As a head of state/government official, isn't it supposed to be Haneda?
Old Apr 3, 2010, 7:44 am

That's right.
It should be Haneda for the Belgium Air Force One. :-)
Old Apr 3, 2010, 11:09 pm

Not sure about the time frame. First 8 787 is on Domestic routes. Pretty much depends on when ANA receive the "normal weight" 787-8.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 4:28 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Question

Originally Posted by JackR
This is the best news I have heard in a long time
Hope it will materialized
Brussels is a great little airport for fast connections in one terminal and my parents house is only 15 minutes drive from it........
ANA used to codeshare at one time with SABENA (now Brussels Airlines)
Its true - ANA codeshared years ago (in the 90ies) with SN as long as SN was operating the BRU-NRT-Route 3 weeky by their old B747...
And the new codeshare makes sense as SN Brussels has hardly any longhaul flights besides their African network operated by their own A330.
But I am also wondering how long JAL will still be able to operate its daily AMS-flight.. if that has to be ceased, it might be more attractive for ANA to fill that new gap, especially since many Japanes companies have their European HDQ in AMS and not in BRU. And how does NH want to fill all the new flights to MUC, BRU, DEN etc (if not only by people who are turning away from JL)? It seems to me that ANA and LH cooperate very very closely (taking into account that SN is belonging to LH,too) and that NH apparently follows the rule to inaugurate new flights exclusively to Star hubs ..
I am now wondering what of ANA's ambitous expansion plans will still become true after the recent bad volcano effects on airline business.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.