Wiki Posts
Search

SPG to ANA transfer

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2009, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LY, SPG GOLD, DL, MEMBERSHIP REWARDS, AA
SPG to ANA transfer

has anyone experienced how long it takes for spg points to get transferred to ANA?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA 1P; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by darp0893
has anyone experienced how long it takes for spg points to get transferred to ANA?
Last time I did it, it took about 2-3 weeks
Old Nov 10, 2009, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Traveling Consultant
Last time I did it, it took about 2-3 weeks
Did ANA allow an award hold while points were being transferred, or did you transfer & then hope for availability?
Old Nov 11, 2009, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1P; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Did ANA allow an award hold while points were being transferred, or did you transfer & then hope for availability?
Transferred and then booked availability... I am not sure if they will let you hold an award
Old Nov 14, 2009, 9:43 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA PM
Here's a link to my post in the SPG forum about this very matter...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12015593-post210.html
Old Jul 21, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: AA Gold
I did a transfer July 20

I initiated a minimum transfer of 2500 SPG points into an empty ANA account on July 20 to see how long the transfer is going to take. I got an immediate email from SPG saying the points had left SPG. I will update here on the results.

In September I will be transferring in 120K MR points and 90K SPG points to get the needed 210K ANA points for 2 C class tickets to and around China for a trip in the 14-18K miles range.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 3:19 pm

update

It is now Sunday July 25, 4:18 pm. Just checked my ANA account and so far no miles. With transfers from SPG to other airline programs they sometimes do it over Sunday night. I'll check again tomorrow.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by susiesan
It is now Sunday July 25, 4:18 pm. Just checked my ANA account and so far no miles. With transfers from SPG to other airline programs they sometimes do it over Sunday night. I'll check again tomorrow.
The 2500 SPG points transferred in overnight Sunday. As of Monday @11:16 am July 26 the points are in my account. For me this took 6 days. I think you have to time it for a Sunday night transfer.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 6:14 am

Programs: DL (MM), UA(MM) , AA(MM) , Bonvoy - LT Titanium

In September I will be transferring in 120K MR points and 90K SPG points to get the needed 210K ANA points for 2 C class tickets to and around China for a trip in the 14-18K miles range.
Thanks for the update on the SPG transfer. Could you also provide your experience with MR transfer. I need to make such a transfer later this year and would be interested to know how your process went.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 7:42 am

I'll update when I have results

Originally Posted by tullupump
Thanks for the update on the SPG transfer. Could you also provide your experience with MR transfer. I need to make such a transfer later this year and would be interested to know how your process went.
When I do the MR to ANA transfer I will post the results here. I'm due 50K MR points from a new gold biz AX card. I met the $10K spend to get the 50K points last month, but so far no bonus MR points. AX says it could take 8-10 weeks, although that has never been the case in the past. As September progresses and my MR points haven't posted, I'll be calling AX. Since I want to go to China mid Sept. 2011, I cannot even try for award seats until mid October, 330 days out. I'm not too concerned yet; I still have plenty of time.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 2:27 pm

did a MR transfer yesterday

I did the transfer from MR points to ANA yesterday, Monday 10/11. I transferred in 130K MR points, the entire balance. AX shows the transfer as pending. Today, 10/12 points are not there yet. I'll post an update when they show up.

I also did a SPG transfer from my Mom's account yesterday and will do one from my husbands SPG account tomorrow to time them for the Sunday night transfer.

Susie
Old Oct 13, 2010, 2:19 pm

I did the transfer from MR points to ANA yesterday, Monday 10/11. I transferred in 130K MR points, the entire balance. AX shows the transfer as pending. Today, 10/12 points are not there yet. I'll post an update when they show up.

I also did a SPG transfer from my Mom's account yesterday and will do one from my husbands SPG account tomorrow to time them for the Sunday night transfer.

Susie
It is now Wednesday, Oct. 12. The 130K MR points are in my ANA account. SPG points are not there yet. MR transfer took 2 days.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 1:25 pm

update

Susie
The miles from the SPG transfer initiated on Monday Oct. 11 posted to my ANA account Monday Oct. 18. So the Sunday night point sweep went as per scheduled. Now I'm just about ready to book my China trip.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 3:41 am

The miles from the SPG transfer initiated on Monday Oct. 11 posted to my ANA account Monday Oct. 18. So the Sunday night point sweep went as per scheduled. Now I'm just about ready to book my China trip.
Yes it is very quick. I have found it only takes around a week when i tested it a couple of months ago.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 11:07 am

Just for a reference point.
I transferred 40000 spg points to ana yesterday afternoon at around 4 p.m I was hoping it would make the sunday night sweep so far it hasn't arrived yet . I guess it has to be initiated before then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.