Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change seats and no notice!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2009, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Change seats and no notice!

This is really upsetting...

My wife and I are on the JFK-FCO flight this summer, in Business class, using reward miles from Delta.

We had seats assigned and everything was set. I just call Alitalia to check and find out that (1) not only do we not have seats assigned and (2) now there are no seats next to each other!!

This is me and my wife flying over night from JFK to Rome... I mean, I guess there is nothing I can do here, but is there anything?!?!?
Old Mar 31, 2009, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
yes, there's a thing you can do.
NExt time, choose a different carrier for your holiday with DL miles
Old Mar 31, 2009, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by paffendorf
yes, there's a thing you can do.
NExt time, choose a different carrier for your holiday with DL miles
To get from Southern California to Rome... DL gave me no other choice.

So, actually, no. Still nothing to do.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 4:50 am

Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
To get from Southern California to Rome... DL gave me no other choice.

So, actually, no. Still nothing to do.
Well, it may happens even if I do not justify it, especially in C class!
Try to explain your situation to their contacts for frequent flyers: explain the situation and maybe you will find reasonable answer and solutions.
Sometimes I solved this kind of problems with a call to the call center and it worked but often it depends on the person who answers to you.
In your case, as you do not speak Italian and then feeling will never be the same, I suggest you an email to
[email protected]

By phone you may try this:
USA New York 001-800-223-5730 or 001-212-9033575 or +39062222.

Godd luck!
Old Apr 1, 2009, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Squerez
Well, it may happens even if I do not justify it, especially in C class!
Try to explain your situation to their contacts for frequent flyers: explain the situation and maybe you will find reasonable answer and solutions.
Sometimes I solved this kind of problems with a call to the call center and it worked but often it depends on the person who answers to you.
In your case, as you do not speak Italian and then feeling will never be the same, I suggest you an email to
[email protected]

By phone you may try this:
USA New York 001-800-223-5730 or 001-212-9033575 or +39062222.

Godd luck!
Thanks for your ideas, but I am so upset!! Apparently, Alitalia just gave our seats away and didn't give us any notice at all. They are claiming that a "schedule change" occurred that took us out of our seats, but the flight is the exact same time and flight number as before. Nothing is different!!

Now, my wife and I have to sit in 4C (aisle) and 4D (the center, alone, aisle seat). We can't even sit together?!?! This is totally unacceptable.

I'll e-mail and see what I can do.

Thanks!
Old Apr 1, 2009, 10:34 am

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Thanks for your ideas, but I am so upset!! Apparently, Alitalia just gave our seats away and didn't give us any notice at all. They are claiming that a "schedule change" occurred that took us out of our seats, but the flight is the exact same time and flight number as before. Nothing is different!!

Now, my wife and I have to sit in 4C (aisle) and 4D (the center, alone, aisle seat). We can't even sit together?!?! This is totally unacceptable.

I'll e-mail and see what I can do.

Thanks!
Mikey, if you need an italianspeaking mate to get in touch with AZ, PM me.
Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.