Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Stuck in coach JFK-FCO. What should I be prepared for?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2007, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Whether its the economy, or fuel charges or the Euro, there are no decent Business Class fares for an October trip to Rome, and no available Skymiles upgrade seats available, so I'm stuck in the back of the bus for the first time in about six years. Anything I should know about passenger processing at JFK and FCO to facilitate things?
Old Aug 9, 2007, 3:33 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Well, depending on the aircraft, though I think it is normal that this route is operated with the B777-200. This has PTV in coach. I am not sure which flight you are taking out from JFK, and I assume you are ST E+, with this you can have access to the lounges in JFK T1 (either the Alitalia Lounge or the AF lounge). Check-in agents at JFK are nice and helpful (from my experience).

If the flight is not that full, you can actually ask during check-in that they give you the seats at the back section of the aircraft and if you have a nice agent assuming you have ST E+ status, they might block the seat(s) next to you and have a seat better than Magnifica class.

From my experiences on AZ on this route at the back, I have truthfully always skip meal and have been able to get decent rest, once even from take-off until breakfast was served.

I think it is not to bad being at the back if the flight is not full.

Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.