Using Alitalia miles on Delta?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2004, 3:43 pm
NNH
Original Poster

Location: LA, after growing up in London and living all over Europe
Programs: Ex-BD, ex-NW, ex-AA, BA Gold
Using Alitalia miles on Delta?

I've moved to the US from Europe, and I have a balance of about 40k with Alitalia so I'd like to keep this program and rack up some miles on Delta. Have other people had any problems using their AZ miles to buy DL flights?
Incidentally, Amex MR points transfer at 2AX:3AZ, instead of 1AX:1DL, so there's another reason for sticking with my old Italian friends!
Old Mar 25, 2004, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NNH:
[BHave other people had any problems using their AZ miles to buy DL flights?[/B]</font>
No. It's just a SkyTeam award.

Agree with you on the Amex thing. With MR Express and that 2:3 conversion ratio I'm getting 2.25 AZ miles per at the moment.
Old Apr 1, 2004, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by NNH
Incidentally, Amex MR points transfer at 2AX:3AZ, instead of 1AX:1DL, so there's another reason for sticking with my old Italian friends!
Interesting- I'm U.S. based, and fly to Italy 5 to 6 times a year (usually AlItalia metal, but sometimes I ticket with AZ, sometimes with DL); maybe I should switch from Delta to Alitalia Mila Miglia. I'll have to see if I still get the upgrades on domestic flights.

If I switch, will AZ match my current Delta Gold status? They should, most of those miles were earned on AZ metal
Old Apr 2, 2004, 2:51 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by NNH
I notice this is only true on the UK AMEX website. On the US website, no MR to AZ point transfer is available, just MR points for AZ tickets. Anyone know if it's possible to transfer US MR points to AZ miles using the UK website?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.