MilleMiglia lives on

Old Oct 15, 21, 3:01 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: BHD/DUB
Programs: AF/KL Gold
Posts: 325
MilleMiglia lives on

Even though Alitalia-SAI closed, and MilleMiglia could not be sold to ITA, it looks like MilleMiglia will still be active. They posted a article that explains:
  • Earn miles with the current Commercial Partners.
  • Earn miles on lastminute.com bookings
  • Earn miles on Air France, KLM, and Middle East Airlines.
  • Redeem miles lastminute.com.
  • Ulisse, Freccia Alata and Freccia Alata Plus will still have SkyPriority on Air France, KLM, and Middle East Airlines.
https://www.alitalia.com/en_gb/mille...tay-tuned.html

I guess soon we will hear what the deal will be with ITA.
AHC96 is offline  
Old Oct 15, 21, 8:26 am
  #2  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: WAW / TBS
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor ALL Platinum / Hilton Honors Diamond
Posts: 1,907
a FFP program that still alive and works even after airline's death ! thats a breaking news ! thanks !

Curious to see how history will go , lot of things heard and read about possible outcomes but only time will tell the truth
fifty_two is online now  
Old Oct 15, 21, 10:35 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: HAG
Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Posts: 3,903
Originally Posted by fifty_two View Post
a FFP program that still alive and works even after airline's death ! thats a breaking news ! thanks !

Curious to see how history will go , lot of things heard and read about possible outcomes but only time will tell the truth
reasonably usual, topbonus of Air Berlin also survived a month or two longer than the airline.
Fabo.sk is offline  
Old Oct 15, 21, 12:31 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: TRS & SFO, sometimes BRU & NYC
Programs: DL DM; AFKL FBE
Posts: 141
Makes sense for the 'compagnia zombie' that was Alitalia... I wouldn't hold onto those MM points any longer than needed
TATLTAIL is offline  
Old Oct 16, 21, 4:07 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 18,950
Originally Posted by fifty_two View Post
a FFP program that still alive and works even after airline's death ! thats a breaking news ! thanks !

Curious to see how history will go , lot of things heard and read about possible outcomes but only time will tell the truth
This is totally unique indeed. A very good deal for AFKL who will benefit from the business of MilleMiglia Elite/Elite+ members.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Oct 16, 21, 10:27 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: YYZ,FCO,ATH
Programs: AZ MilleMiglia, AF/KLM Flying Blue, A3 Miles & Bonus
Posts: 91
ITA is offering status match as well for MilleMiglia
fmirenzi is offline  
Old Oct 16, 21, 2:46 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: TPE / HSZ
Programs: CX MPO GO (=SPH), IHG Spire Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Posts: 5,567
I'm not familiar with AZ, but it seems the current MilleMiglia can only go on until the end of the year in its current form. ITA's new programme Volare will kick in on 31DEC. In terms of GDS commands, since ITA will retain the AZ code, the code cannot simultaneously be linked to both MilleMiglia and Volare.

https://www.alitalia.com/en_en/mille...dvantages.html says,
From 15 October until 31 December 2021, you will continue to earn qualifying miles and Exclusive Bonuses on Air France, KLM and Middle East Airlines flights.
This also seems to indicate MilleMiglia can only keep its current form for another 2.5 months.
ernestnywang is offline  
Old Oct 17, 21, 8:56 am
  #8  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: WAW / TBS
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor ALL Platinum / Hilton Honors Diamond
Posts: 1,907
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk View Post
reasonably usual, topbonus of Air Berlin also survived a month or two longer than the airline.
yeah i know i was a member of topbonus , unfortunately i choose the wrong FFP in oneworld
fifty_two is online now  
Old Oct 18, 21, 7:09 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: SFO
Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 40
Originally Posted by AHC96 View Post
Even though Alitalia-SAI closed, and MilleMiglia could not be sold to ITA, it looks like MilleMiglia will still be active. They posted a article that explains:
  • Earn miles with the current Commercial Partners.
  • Earn miles on lastminute.com bookings
  • Earn miles on Air France, KLM, and Middle East Airlines.
  • Redeem miles lastminute.com.
  • Ulisse, Freccia Alata and Freccia Alata Plus will still have SkyPriority on Air France, KLM, and Middle East Airlines.
https://www.alitalia.com/en_gb/mille...tay-tuned.html

I guess soon we will hear what the deal will be with ITA.
As someone who has 160k millemiglia miles, wondering what the redemptions on lastminute.com will look like.
pmfc is offline  
Old Oct 18, 21, 8:34 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,833
I'm not on MilleMiglia at all; I look at lastminute.com as a curiosity. It looks like they book flights only as part of air-hotel packages, and don't quote anything originating in the U.S. They do quote rates for hotel stays alone.

Edit: I've misread it unless there's been a change since I checked previously.

Last edited by rove312; Oct 18, 21 at 8:38 pm
rove312 is offline  
Old Oct 18, 21, 4:49 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: FCO
Posts: 489
Originally Posted by pmfc View Post
As someone who has 160k millemiglia miles, wondering what the redemptions on lastminute.com will look like.
Solo Volo o Volo + Hotel 15€ - 5.000 miglia
Solo Volo o Volo + Hotel 25€ - 8.500 miglia
Solo Volo o Volo + Hotel 50€ - 17.000 miglia
Solo Volo o Volo + Hotel 100€ - 34.000 miglia
Solo Volo o Volo + Hotel 250€ - 86.000 miglia
Solo Volo o Volo + Hotel 500€ - 172.000 miglia
Sciamano is offline  
Old Oct 23, 21, 3:06 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Programs: DL, AA, VA, HH, AXMR, MR, IHG,
Posts: 7
You posted:
  • Redeem (MM) miles lastminute.com.
HOW????
jshavitz is offline  
Old Oct 27, 21, 2:42 pm
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 23,397
Is it possible Flying Blue buys the MM program? After all FB is already used by more than AF/KL. KQ/OK (both ST airlines) also use FB.
flyerCO is offline  
Old Oct 28, 21, 4:07 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,919
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Is it possible Flying Blue buys the MM program? After all FB is already used by more than AF/KL. KQ/OK (both ST airlines) also use FB.
I would not be surprised at all if MM is bought by an airline. Could be merged into FB or M&M or the miles become Avios. Good marketing for the airline that buys MM.

OK does not use FB. You might be thinking of RO which uses FB.
Im a new user is offline  
Old Oct 29, 21, 9:42 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,833
There's today''s news: ITA Airways joins SkyTeam including:
The alliance also confirmed that it has “agreed with Alitalia Loyalty to continue the partnership that will enable the six million members of the Mille Miglia frequent flyer program to earn and redeem miles on selected Skyteam members’ flights, offering a wealth of opportunities and exclusive services”.
rove312 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread