Wiki Posts
Search

MilleMiglia lives on

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2021, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
MilleMiglia lives on

Even though Alitalia-SAI closed, and MilleMiglia could not be sold to ITA, it looks like MilleMiglia will still be active. They posted a article that explains:
  • Earn miles with the current Commercial Partners.
  • Earn miles on lastminute.com bookings
  • Earn miles on Air France, KLM, and Middle East Airlines.
  • Redeem miles lastminute.com.
  • Ulisse, Freccia Alata and Freccia Alata Plus will still have SkyPriority on Air France, KLM, and Middle East Airlines.
https://www.alitalia.com/en_gb/mille...tay-tuned.html

I guess soon we will hear what the deal will be with ITA.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 8:26 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
a FFP program that still alive and works even after airline's death ! thats a breaking news ! thanks !

Curious to see how history will go , lot of things heard and read about possible outcomes but only time will tell the truth
Old Oct 15, 2021, 10:35 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by fifty_two
a FFP program that still alive and works even after airline's death ! thats a breaking news ! thanks !

Curious to see how history will go , lot of things heard and read about possible outcomes but only time will tell the truth
reasonably usual, topbonus of Air Berlin also survived a month or two longer than the airline.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL DM; AFKL FBE; ITA Exec
Makes sense for the 'compagnia zombie' that was Alitalia... I wouldn't hold onto those MM points any longer than needed
Old Oct 16, 2021, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by fifty_two

This is totally unique indeed. A very good deal for AFKL who will benefit from the business of MilleMiglia Elite/Elite+ members.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 10:27 am

Programs: AZ MilleMiglia, AF/KLM Flying Blue, A3 Miles & Bonus
ITA is offering status match as well for MilleMiglia
Old Oct 16, 2021, 2:46 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
I'm not familiar with AZ, but it seems the current MilleMiglia can only go on until the end of the year in its current form. ITA's new programme Volare will kick in on 31DEC. In terms of GDS commands, since ITA will retain the AZ code, the code cannot simultaneously be linked to both MilleMiglia and Volare.

https://www.alitalia.com/en_en/mille...dvantages.html says,
From 15 October until 31 December 2021, you will continue to earn qualifying miles and Exclusive Bonuses on Air France, KLM and Middle East Airlines flights.
This also seems to indicate MilleMiglia can only keep its current form for another 2.5 months.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 8:56 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
reasonably usual, topbonus of Air Berlin also survived a month or two longer than the airline.
yeah i know i was a member of topbonus , unfortunately i choose the wrong FFP in oneworld
Old Oct 18, 2021, 7:09 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AHC96
Even though Alitalia-SAI closed, and MilleMiglia could not be sold to ITA, it looks like MilleMiglia will still be active. They posted a article that explains:
  • Earn miles with the current Commercial Partners.
  • Earn miles on lastminute.com bookings
  • Earn miles on Air France, KLM, and Middle East Airlines.
  • Redeem miles lastminute.com.
  • Ulisse, Freccia Alata and Freccia Alata Plus will still have SkyPriority on Air France, KLM, and Middle East Airlines.
https://www.alitalia.com/en_gb/mille...tay-tuned.html

I guess soon we will hear what the deal will be with ITA.
As someone who has 160k millemiglia miles, wondering what the redemptions on lastminute.com will look like.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 8:34 am

I'm not on MilleMiglia at all; I look at lastminute.com as a curiosity. It looks like they book flights only as part of air-hotel packages, and don't quote anything originating in the U.S. They do quote rates for hotel stays alone.

Edit: I've misread it unless there's been a change since I checked previously.

Last edited by rove312; Oct 18, 2021 at 8:38 pm
Old Oct 18, 2021, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by pmfc
As someone who has 160k millemiglia miles, wondering what the redemptions on lastminute.com will look like.
Solo Volo o Volo + Hotel 15€ - 5.000 miglia
Solo Volo o Volo + Hotel 25€ - 8.500 miglia
Solo Volo o Volo + Hotel 50€ - 17.000 miglia
Solo Volo o Volo + Hotel 100€ - 34.000 miglia
Solo Volo o Volo + Hotel 250€ - 86.000 miglia
Solo Volo o Volo + Hotel 500€ - 172.000 miglia
Old Oct 23, 2021, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL, AA, VA, HH, AXMR, MR, IHG,
You posted:
  • Redeem (MM) miles lastminute.com.
HOW????
Old Oct 27, 2021, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Is it possible Flying Blue buys the MM program? After all FB is already used by more than AF/KL. KQ/OK (both ST airlines) also use FB.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Is it possible Flying Blue buys the MM program? After all FB is already used by more than AF/KL. KQ/OK (both ST airlines) also use FB.
I would not be surprised at all if MM is bought by an airline. Could be merged into FB or M&M or the miles become Avios. Good marketing for the airline that buys MM.

OK does not use FB. You might be thinking of RO which uses FB.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 9:42 am

There's today''s news: ITA Airways joins SkyTeam including:
The alliance also confirmed that it has “agreed with Alitalia Loyalty to continue the partnership that will enable the six million members of the Mille Miglia frequent flyer program to earn and redeem miles on selected Skyteam members’ flights, offering a wealth of opportunities and exclusive services”.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.