Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

AZ change waiver policy due to Coronavirus outbreak

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AZ change waiver policy due to Coronavirus outbreak

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2020, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Has anyone been able to get through to AZ at all? After choosing menu options I just get a busy signal. Anyone know if they've been able to set up remote call centres...?
Old Mar 30, 2020, 1:49 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by etiene
Has anyone been able to get through to AZ at all? After choosing menu options I just get a busy signal. Anyone know if they've been able to set up remote call centres...?
call the global number

From my side i tried to call the number of my country during their working hours . Got this busy signal 99,99% of the time . And when i managed to reach someone they were useless

I guess they are playing the "no refund" game .

If someone managed to receive a refund let me know , same for vouchers
etiene likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fifty_two
call the global number

From my side i tried to call the number of my country during their working hours . Got this busy signal 99,99% of the time . And when i managed to reach someone they were useless

I guess they are playing the "no refund" game .

If someone managed to receive a refund let me know , same for vouchers
Mind telling me which number you mean? This one: +39 0665649? [taken from the COVID page].

I'm actually going to rebook so should be ok - and have more confidence in Alitalia being extant for my rearranged trip now that the Government stepped in.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 4:12 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Mind telling me which number you mean? This one: +39 0665649? [taken from the COVID page].
Yes , that one

I'm actually going to rebook so should be ok - and have more confidence in Alitalia being extant for my rearranged trip now that the Government stepped in.
i wish you good luck , me i cant do that , for many reasons
  1. even if government step-in what guarantee do i have that they will , this time , manage to keep the airline alive and out of debts if they couldnt do it before
  2. i bought a very cheap fare to south america , if i accept the voucher and after covid-19 i want to return there with AZ i will probably need to add extra money , and that definitely not worth the normal price
  3. without adding money , only choice left will be middle haul flights to europe or middle east , which grant less XP and miles for me in flying blue
  4. even if i rebook , how can i be sure about schedule ?? first they changed my flights and wanted me to do a 25h layover in roma , instead of 3 hours , without providing accommodation or rebooking me on another flight or skyteam carrier for free . What the hell is this ??
etiene likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fifty_two
Yes , that one

i wish you good luck , me i cant do that , for many reasons
  1. even if government step-in what guarantee do i have that they will , this time , manage to keep the airline alive and out of debts if they couldnt do it before
  2. i bought a very cheap fare to south america , if i accept the voucher and after covid-19 i want to return there with AZ i will probably need to add extra money , and that definitely not worth the normal price
  3. without adding money , only choice left will be middle haul flights to europe or middle east , which grant less XP and miles for me in flying blue
  4. even if i rebook , how can i be sure about schedule ?? first they changed my flights and wanted me to do a 25h layover in roma , instead of 3 hours , without providing accommodation or rebooking me on another flight or skyteam carrier for free . What the hell is this ??
Fair enough - mine was just a trip to Rome for the rugby so relatively little on the line. They kept flying until the day after I was supposed to go, so the refund option is something I'd have to argue for.

Thanks.

EDIT: 30s of rapid fire italian later, it hangs up on me... Guess I'll keep trying!
EDIT 2: if any italianophones can provide a translation of the message that would be helpful - I think it's just pointing to the website [which points back to the phone line].

Last edited by etiene; Mar 31, 2020 at 4:27 am
Old Apr 2, 2020, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Fair enough - mine was just a trip to Rome for the rugby so relatively little on the line. They kept flying until the day after I was supposed to go, so the refund option is something I'd have to argue for.

Thanks.

EDIT: 30s of rapid fire italian later, it hangs up on me... Guess I'll keep trying!
EDIT 2: if any italianophones can provide a translation of the message that would be helpful - I think it's just pointing to the website [which points back to the phone line].
Last update from me: discovered that the global number was actually connecting [after the 30s message] this morning. Had to call several times since this gets you through to a WFH agent in Italy who does not necessarily speak English - in which case it's hang up and call again. Thankfully not a long wait on hold each time, just the b****y message! Now rebooked to September, notice that the seat map is blocked out to one seat per row alternating windows and aisles... Good on AZ for the social distancing, maybe doesn't speak well to the optimism of travel being possible in almost six months time though.

Good luck all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.