Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking with Alitalia in advance

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Booking with Alitalia in advance

I’ve found a really good offer to Naples from London with Alitalia for July/August 2018. I will decide to book directly with Alitalia rather than GoToGate or MyTrip despite a £70 saving due to the poor reviews I’ve seen.

Unfortunately booking with Alitalia isn’t exactly a good bet to take. With liquidation problems and my expected travel to take place in 9 months time how safe would it be to book directly with AZ now? Would I be given the opportunity to reroute with another SkyTeam member if AZ does shut down or would a refund be offered? (Not too keen on a refund as ticket prices may soar).
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:11 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, LH, AY, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ALH12
Would I be given the opportunity to reroute with another SkyTeam member if AZ does shut down or would a refund be offered? (Not too keen on a refund as ticket prices may soar).
It depends on what exactly happens to Alitalia, but generally, I believe it's neither. If an airline goes bankrupt and you have a booking with them, typically you lose your money without any refund or rebooking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.