Search

MilleMiglia for an upgrade on China Western

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2017, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MilleMiglia
MilleMiglia for an upgrade on China Eastern

Hi,
I am booking a flight from Rome to Shangai. I am referring to the direct flight leaving Rome next December 2 and coming back December 8.
I want to buy an economy class ticket and ask for an upgrade with my MilleMiglia miles. Is it possibile?
How many miles are needed to do that?
Thanks

Last edited by Adg2017; Sep 17, 2017 at 12:45 am Reason: Typo mistake
Old Sep 16, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 12:18 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Adg2017
Hi,
I am booking a flight from Rome to Shangai. I am referring to the direct flight leaving Rome next December 2 and coming back December 8.
I want to buy an economy class ticket and ask for an upgrade with my MilleMiglia miles. Is it possibile?
How many miles are needed to do that?
Thanks
China Western? Is this a joke?
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 12:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 1353513636
China Western? Is this a joke?
Never heard of them. They're not in SkyTeam, although AZ could have some bilateral partners.

Could the OP be confused and mean MU (China Eastern) of CZ (China Southern), both of which are SkyTeam partners. In fact, MU is based in Shanghai, so this would make sense for a direct (NOT nonstop???) flight from FCO to PVG.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Never heard of them. They're not in SkyTeam, although AZ could have some bilateral partners.

Could the OP be confused and mean MU (China Eastern) of CZ (China Southern), both of which are SkyTeam partners. In fact, MU is based in Shanghai, so this would make sense for a direct (NOT nonstop???) flight from FCO to PVG.
Sorry, I meant China Eastern of course.
And yes, I am referring to the flight FCO to PVG.
Apologies...
Old Sep 17, 2017, 12:43 am
Original Poster

No chances for an upgrade?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 12:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Check whether AZ and MU participate in the SkyTeam upgrade award program. If they do and if upgrade space is available, it should be possible to upgrade a MU flight with AZ miles if you have purchased a FULL Y coach fare. There might be other rules about codeshares, ticket stock, etc. It would probably be best to book the ticket directly from AZ by phone (or in person at one of their ticket offices) and to get the upgrade confirmed at the same time, with miles deducted and the ticket reissued immediately.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Check whether AZ and MU participate in the SkyTeam upgrade award program. If they do and if upgrade space is available, it should be possible to upgrade a MU flight with AZ miles if you have purchased a FULL Y coach fare. There might be other rules about codeshares, ticket stock, etc. It would probably be best to book the ticket directly from AZ by phone (or in person at one of their ticket offices) and to get the upgrade confirmed at the same time, with miles deducted and the ticket reissued immediately.
Thanks for your suggestion.
I have just called Alitalia and they say that since the flight - codshared with China Eastern - will be operated by China Eastern I cannot upgrade if I buy the ticket from them.
Plan B is to know if buying it from China Eastern, it is possible to upgrade using MilleMiglia...
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:00 pm

Welcome to FlyerTalk, Adg2017, we're glad to see you here and hope you'll be contributing to this forum on a regular basis. Again, many thanks for joining.

G
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Adg2017, we're glad to see you here and hope you'll be contributing to this forum on a regular basis. Again, many thanks for joining.

G
Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.