Search

Baggage for Skyteam Elite

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2017, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM
Baggage for Skyteam Elite

Hello,
My brother is flying from FCO -> BCN. He is a silver medallion on Delta, meaning that he is Skyteam Elite (not Skyteam Elite Plus). I am asking what the baggage situation is for him.

Also, will he get any type of special privilege for being a Skyteam Elite (priority baggage, checking, seats,security, etc)?

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 2, 2017, 6:10 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
1) http://bfy.tw/9rZ1
2) http://bfy.tw/9rYy
Old Feb 2, 2017, 11:34 pm

Programs: DL Platinum (ST+), JL JGC (ows), NH SFC (*AG)
I believe you get 1 extra bag, whether elite or elite+. Alitalia isn't as clear as the other SkyTeam carriers (i.e. AF, KL, etc), so it's not always clear. He'll probably be allowed only 1 checked bag.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM
Thank you! Does he also get any special services such as priority check-in or security?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Crossinator
Thank you! Does he also get any special services such as priority check-in or security?
Yes to the first, no to the second

P.S.: security at T1 in FCO is normally a breeze so tell your brother not to worry.

G
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by weetanuki
I believe you get 1 extra bag, whether elite or elite+. Alitalia isn't as clear as the other SkyTeam carriers (i.e. AF, KL, etc), so it's not always clear. He'll probably be allowed only 1 checked bag.
Is this not clear enough?
Members of the Freccia Alata Plus, Freccia Alata, Ulisse, Elite and Elite Plus Clubs will be entitled to:
  • One piece of hold baggage plus any sports equipment
http://bfy.tw/9rYy
Old Mar 20, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond + 1MM, AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I am a DL Platinum Medallion (SkyTeam Elite Plus) traveling on an Alitalia Light Fare with 4 family members (with no status). I understand that Elite and Elite Plus are entitled to one free bag in the hold but does that benefit also apply to everyone in the same reservation?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by FLL-FFLYER
I am a DL Platinum Medallion (SkyTeam Elite Plus) traveling on an Alitalia Light Fare with 4 family members (with no status). I understand that Elite and Elite Plus are entitled to one free bag in the hold but does that benefit also apply to everyone in the same reservation?
No. Elite perks apply only to the Elite.

The only perk that can be "extended" to a non-status member is lounge access, but that only allows one guest.

Individual airlines are free to implement more generous policies to their own flyers, but the alliance minimum is just that the Elite member only - not any and all travelling companions - gets the elite perks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.