Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AZ Amex points not crediting to MM

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2016, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
AZ Amex points not crediting to MM

AZ is over a week late in crediting my account-- miles were sent to AZ from Amex on 26 Oct but still nothing.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Old Nov 10, 2016, 5:28 am

Programs: AZ, Flying Blue, Etihad Guest, HHonors
I had a similar problem - the miles from my Alitalia credit card had not yet been credited to my MM account. I spoke to Amex customer service in Italy today and they confirmed that it was a general issue resulting from the AZ systems upgrade this month. The miles also left my Amex account on 26th October but had not been recognized by AZ until today which means they should be visible in my MM account tomorrow. Sounds like it may be a similar problem with Membership Reward points.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Thanks! That's what I imagined... grrrrrrrrr... Let's hope they post tomorrow!
Old Nov 10, 2016, 7:33 pm

I did two separate transfers of hotel points (Accor and IHG) to MM last week and they each showed up in my MM account within about three to five days.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Actually that is a different issue. I'm talking about an Italian American Express Alitalia card which transfers miles automatically each month based on purchases (like a Delta Skymiles Amex)
Old Nov 11, 2016, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by bostontraveler
Actually that is a different issue. I'm talking about an Italian American Express Alitalia card which transfers miles automatically each month based on purchases (like a Delta Skymiles Amex)
Sounds like we are in the same boat. The miles from my Alitalia Amex card were still not in my account today. Amex were extremely apologetic about it but said unfortunately the problem is on the AZ side.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by richyhu
Sounds like we are in the same boat. The miles from my Alitalia Amex card were still not in my account today. Amex were extremely apologetic about it but said unfortunately the problem is on the AZ side.
Ok! Well my FT friends I have the resolution. Only Amex has acknowledged there was a problem. They are telling customers that they need to wait for the next billing cycle to receive October miles. I told Amex Italy this was unacceptable and they were able to gift and transfer miles from Membership Rewards to AZ with the understanding there was no guarantee AZ would credit them in time.
AZ in all of this has been entirely useless. Rude, incompetent and misinformed.. every time I called I got a different story. Not a big surprise but still.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 2:07 pm

Ok! Well my FT friends I have the resolution. Only Amex has acknowledged there was a problem. They are telling customers that they need to wait for the next billing cycle to receive October miles. I told Amex Italy this was unacceptable and they were able to gift and transfer miles from Membership Rewards to AZ with the understanding there was no guarantee AZ would credit them in time.
AZ in all of this has been entirely useless. Rude, incompetent and misinformed.. every time I called I got a different story. Not a big surprise but still.
I will try Amex customer service again tomorrow and see what they say. I have to say the Amex customer service in Italy is really the exception to the rule. On the rare occasion I have ever had a problem they are extremely proactive and go out of their way to find a solution and always call you back to check if everything is resolved.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by richyhu
I will try Amex customer service again tomorrow and see what they say. I have to say the Amex customer service in Italy is really the exception to the rule. On the rare occasion I have ever had a problem they are extremely proactive and go out of their way to find a solution and always call you back to check if everything is resolved.
Honestly I was surprised. They asked me how many miles I needed for my award reservation, credited them to my MR account and then did the transfer. All in less than 5 minutes. Now let's see if AZ posts them. But Amex Italy was great. ^^
Old Nov 12, 2016, 5:17 am

Just to confirm the miles from my Amex card were finally credited to my AZ account this morning (with a date of 26.10.2016 of course...)
Old Nov 12, 2016, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Yep... mine credited this morning too.... Now if they can only fix the Skyteam problem which apparently has been blocked since October 14th!!!! (!!)
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:29 am

Honestly I was surprised. They asked me how many miles I needed for my award reservation, credited them to my MR account and then did the transfer. All in less than 5 minutes. Now let's see if AZ posts them. But Amex Italy was great. ^^
I also have Amex AZ and am 5k miles short for the award I want. Called Amex asking if they could credit me this 5k ten days earlier than usual (I need them at least on the train 14th) but they say it's not possible.

Have you ever had such a (successful) experience?
Old Dec 20, 2016, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

HI there, sorry I am just seeing this now. I did have exactly this experience with American Express Italy....they gave me Membership rewards points ("in via eccezionale, dottor..." as they repeated about 10 times). So they CAN do it...Granted, this was because of a very unique situation (AZ not submitting miles on time/AX not crediting the miles..who knows...)
Old Dec 21, 2016, 1:15 pm

HI there, sorry I am just seeing this now. I did have exactly this experience with American Express Italy....they gave me Membership rewards points ("in via eccezionale, dottor..." as they repeated about 10 times). So they CAN do it...Granted, this was because of a very unique situation (AZ not submitting miles on time/AX not crediting the miles..who knows...)
So everything originated from a "simple" an AMEX and/or AZ fault, not your bid.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Yes.... I told them that because the mileage posting was late that I was not going to be able to make an award reservation.... they put me on hold and came back to offer me the points as a courtesy because they were late.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.