Wiki Posts
Search

Luggage handling between AZ and AF and DL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Luggage handling between AZ and AF and DL

I'm traveling with my spouse to Europe later in August. We originally planned to go to Paris, so we ended up on AF operated, DL marketed YVR-CDG in J. After purchase, we found out some friends will be in Italy at the same time, so I then purchased CDG-LIN-CDG via AF as a separate ticket.

On our way home, we will thus have the following routing

LIN-CDG (AZ Operated, AF Ticketed)
-- 2.5 HR connection at CDG
CDG-YVR (AF Operated, DL Ticketed)

So, the question of the day (which I think I know the answer to, but you know what happens when you assume...) is whether AZ will check our luggage all the way from LIN to YVR.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 12:26 pm

AZ and AF "systems" don't interact very well together, see for example
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...?highlight=BHX

If I were you, I would plan a longer connection in CDG.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 2:01 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Yes. Might be you won't get the bording pass for you connecting flight in LIN, but checking through your baggage *should* not be a problem. Just be aware that you fly with AZ and they make everything possible but at the same time also impossible... Good luck!
Old Jul 8, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
I have had mediocre experiences with this... IF the agents let you (it's the luck of the draw-- like Air Rarotonga said.. everything is either possible or impossible with AZ LOL) you should be OK checking to Canada. CDG isn't bad for interlining... now if you were connecting in Italy I'd say forget it :-)
Old Jul 9, 2016, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Yes. Might be you won't get the bording pass for you connecting flight in LIN, but checking through your baggage *should* not be a problem. Just be aware that you fly with AZ and they make everything possible but at the same time also impossible... Good luck!
I'm assumimg that I can use the AF app on my phone and have my boarding pass for CDG-YVR already. I'm still 50/50 as to whether I'll check luggage, but my wife insists there's no way she's going to France and Italy for 12 days with just a carry-on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.