Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Casa Alitalia new lounges at FCO and MXP

Casa Alitalia new lounges at FCO and MXP

Reply

Old May 31, 16, 11:56 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NAP
Programs: LH, BA, TK
Posts: 2,367
Casa Alitalia new lounges at FCO and MXP

Opening date not confirmed.

800 mq. FCO (former Giotto lounge - extra Schengen G gates)
500 mq. MXP (North Satellite - aircraft boarding possible from the lounge)


Name:  1464618895-casa-alitalia-1.jpg
Views: 4547
Size:  300.2 KB



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55EN...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js-e...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf8R...ature=youtu.be
Forrest Bump is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 16, 12:08 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Rome
Programs: AZ, Flying Blue, Etihad Guest, HHonors
Posts: 48
I just got the email from AZ about this too. If it is open in FCO (the email mentioned the next few days) then I should be able to check it out next Tuesday! Will be interested to see the "live cooking" area.
richyhu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 16, 12:21 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: CPT,AMS
Posts: 3,391
Looks nice, I might be tempted enough to go via FCO on my next AMS-TLV trip ;-)
Ditto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 16, 4:21 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NAP
Programs: LH, BA, TK
Posts: 2,367
Originally Posted by richyhu View Post
I just got the email from AZ about this too. If it is open in FCO (the email mentioned the next few days) then I should be able to check it out next Tuesday! Will be interested to see the "live cooking" area.
Unlikely for Tuesday.
Some delay on the authorizations due, but definitely I guess is matter of few weeks at worst.

Finally a big step up from the 3rd world lounge system in Italy.

edit: FCO open today.

Last edited by Forrest Bump; Jun 1, 16 at 8:57 am Reason: update
Forrest Bump is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 16, 7:14 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: FCO
Posts: 365
Sunday I'll take a national flight from T1 in FCO. Will I be able to reach that new lounge?
Sciamano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 16, 7:49 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Heraklion, Greece
Posts: 6,335
Originally Posted by Sciamano View Post
Sunday I'll take a national flight from T1 in FCO. Will I be able to reach that new lounge?
The OP wrote: former Giotto lounge - extra Schengen G gates. therefore, the answer to your question is simply NO!
KLouis is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 16, 8:03 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: FCO
Posts: 365
Originally Posted by KLouis View Post
The OP wrote: former Giotto lounge - extra Schengen G gates. therefore, the answer to your question is simply NO!
You are right but you know, maybe there was a shortway or a hidden wall conntecing it
Sciamano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 16, 4:53 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: London, UK
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,655
Some more photos here
ringingup is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 16, 9:49 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 69
I cant see any mention of shower facilities over there.
shayele is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 16, 2:29 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: 7th planet on your right
Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
Posts: 1,615
Originally Posted by shayele View Post
I cant see any mention of shower facilities over there.
more pictures here
At MXP, showers are available.

**Be aware that this is not a skyteam lounge. Rules about access eligibility are a little bit tricky **

Afaik, you must travel Alitalia or Etihad (including subsidiaries) operated flights to access the lounge.

Cheers
paffendorf is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 16, 3:05 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 69
Im going to Fco so was hoping to have a shower there. Thats a shame.
shayele is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 16, 12:56 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Rome
Programs: AZ, Flying Blue, Etihad Guest, HHonors
Posts: 48
Originally Posted by shayele View Post
Im going to Fco so was hoping to have a shower there. Thats a shame.
This article in Corriere della Sera does mention bathrooms with shower.

http://roma.corriere.it/foto-gallery...d0858058.shtml

In any case I should be able to confirm later today as I will be flying out of T3 with AZ.
richyhu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 16, 9:50 am
  #13  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NAP
Programs: LH, BA, TK
Posts: 2,367
Yes, FCO has showers.
No Casa Alitalia access for T1 departures.

NAP is being refurbished therefore the adjoining Caruso lounge (OW and *A) is always packed, due also to the small size.

The live kitchen should be fun however, and I do like the crew uniforms (less the gloves).

Here's the presentation: http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFFvp9GCyMk

Designer Ettore Bilotta.
Forrest Bump is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 16, 10:24 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Programs: Marriott PP, DL DM
Posts: 274
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump View Post
Yes, FCO has showers.
No Casa Alitalia access for T1 departures.

NAP is being refurbished therefore the adjoining Caruso lounge (OW and *A) is always packed, due also to the small size.

The live kitchen should be fun however, and I do like the crew uniforms (less the gloves).

Here's the presentation: http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFFvp9GCyMk

Designer Ettore Bilotta.
Can T3 arrivals use Casa Alitalia if they have a T1 departure?

I am just curious what lounge I can use. Flying ORD->FCO->FLR all on Alitalia.
KingBraden is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 16, 1:07 pm
  #15  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NAP
Programs: LH, BA, TK
Posts: 2,367
Originally Posted by KingBraden View Post
Can T3 arrivals use Casa Alitalia if they have a T1 departure?

I am just curious what lounge I can use. Flying ORD->FCO->FLR all on Alitalia.
Unlikely.
You can access the rebranded Casa Alitalia (former Dolce Vita) at T1.
Forrest Bump is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread