Search
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
July 8, 2015
added the actual link
http://www.alitalia.com/gb_en/millem...tus-match.html

Update summary from nufnuf77:

The status update currently seems to take about 15-20 calendar days. No email is sent immediately upon upgrade, but one may be received later (within a week or so). One has to visit the MilleMiglia site and look at one's card displayed under profile. The upgrades are probably processed externally to Alitalia, as neither Freccia Alata Plus line knew anything about it and one member received and email back from external processing team.

Physical card and upgrade voucher code to give status to someone else - 'Freccia Alata for you' are reported to arrive approx 5-10 days after the upgrade has been processed, depending on your postal address.

The coucher for 'Freccia Alata forYou' arrives in the welcome pack and has instructions and rules on how you can use this unique code to upgrade a family member/friend to Freccia Alata status for free. Can only be used once and the person receiving cannot be changed after it is applied.

The 'Business for you' upgrade (4x) is available from the moment one's status shows as Freccia Alata Plus. These 4 upgrade vouchers can be used for oneself or any other nominated person, and can be used by phoning the call centre. To upgrade, the original flight must be booked in P(Classica Plus) or Y, B, M and H(Classica). Upgrade inventory needed seems to be 'Z' class for business and 'A' class for Classica Plus.
It costs: 1 voucher to upgrade P-->Z(Business);
1 voucher for Y/B/M/H-->A(Classica Plus);
2 vouchers to upgrade Y/B/H/M-->Z(Business).

The new expiry date (March 2016 or 2017) will depend on your current status/card submitted, as per this quote from Alitalia:
The new, recognized status will be valid until March 31, 2016. If the status in the existing Frequent Flyer Program expires after March 31, 2016, the equivalent status recognized within the MilleMiglia Program will be valid until March 31, 2017. In no case will lifetime cards be issued.
Matching tiers
Silver level - Ulisse Club
Gold level - Freccia Alata Club <-- Star Alliance Gold
Platinum level - Freccia Alata Plus Club <-- OW Emerald or AA EXP (?)

Successful matches - Please post here any match received, including the status with the original airline, and which status matched to with Alitalia. If the match is already listed, please do not list again. If matched from a status listed to a different status in Millimeglia, post here. Format as below in Alphabetical order:

AA Executive Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
AA Platinum/One World Saphire - Freccia Alata Club
Air Berlin Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
BA Gold/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
BA Silver/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
CX Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Etihad Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Gulf Air Gold- Freccia Alata Club
Lufthansa Senator/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
MH Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Royal Jordanian Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
SAS Eurobonus Diamond/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Turkish Airlines Elite/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Turkish Airlines Elite Plus/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Gold/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
United Airlines Mileage Plus 1K/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Qantas Platinun/oneworld Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus
Print Wikipost

MilleMiglia Status Match?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2015, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
thanks. The guy a few posts up who went from BA Gold -> Freccia Alata was really hard done by!

I have heard nothing and seen no changes to my account, almost 3 weeks after requesting a match from AB Gold. I am worried that they are excluding Etihad Partners from consideration, despite this not being part of the published T&Cs,
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:21 am

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
Originally Posted by irishguy28
thanks. The guy a few posts up who went from BA Gold -> Freccia Alata was really hard done by!

I have heard nothing and seen no changes to my account, almost 3 weeks after requesting a match from AB Gold. I am worried that they are excluding Etihad Partners from consideration, despite this not being part of the published T&Cs,
I will drop them another email this evening, asking why I have been matched to the wrong status level, as i feel hard done by...
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: TK Gold, Alitalia Gold, AB Gold, MPC, SPG Gold, IHG, Marriott Silvr, BW Plat, AA, BA, JP
Originally Posted by enda1
Request sent 1st July reminder sent 17th July, nothing yet

Trying to match with Gulf Air. Anyone any luck going this route?
i had sent request on jul 2 to match my Gulf air gold...but nothing yet....
Old Jul 21, 2015, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by atmorris
I will drop them another email this evening, asking why I have been matched to the wrong status level, as i feel hard done by...
Well, the thing is, they can come back and say "the T&Cs say that any "Gold" is matched to Freccia Alata". (See the T&Cs here).

However, what BA terms "Gold" is pretty much what should be termed "Platinum" in the Alitalia view of things [in your case, they seem to have insisted that a Concorde Room Card would be the "Platinum"!]. They appear to have applied this discretion in every other reported case...but going by the letter of the law, you got what you signed up for.

Just hope that the person reading your email is aware that they appear to be generally applying discretion when it comes to BAEC requests...
Old Jul 21, 2015, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Sorry, misread Irishguy's post !

I acknowledge that I'm still stuck on the lower rungs of the Alitalia ladder

Not sure why my expiry date changed to end March 2016.
For any concerned at my predicament, there's good news: I've been Fressia-ed at plus-level.

Now, if I understand things correctly I need to earn 80K miles on AZ and friends before the end of next March, or it's back to oblivion. Is there any requirement for Alitalia metal?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 1:45 pm

Is there any requirement for Alitalia metal?
No. If there were any, unless you live in Italy or regularly fly LON-LIN/FCO in business class, it would be pretty much mission impossible [to re-qualify]. In the good-old-days (with a couple of daily services from MAN and even from BHX, adding up to a decent European-North/South American network), it was definitely an easier task!

G
Old Jul 21, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Is it 80k to renew by march or by december while the card is valid til march?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Well, the thing is, they can come back and say "the T&Cs say that any "Gold" is matched to Freccia Alata". (See the T&Cs here).

However, what BA terms "Gold" is pretty much what should be termed "Platinum" in the Alitalia view of things [in your case, they seem to have insisted that a Concorde Room Card would be the "Platinum"!]. They appear to have applied this discretion in every other reported case...but going by the letter of the law, you got what you signed up for.

Just hope that the person reading your email is aware that they appear to be generally applying discretion when it comes to BAEC requests...

If it were such then AA platinums would match to Plus 👍😂
Old Jul 21, 2015, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now, if I understand things correctly I need to earn 80K miles on AZ and friends before the end of next March, or it's back to oblivion. Is there any requirement for Alitalia metal?
It's by the end of December. MilleMiglia's status qualifying period is aligned to the calendar year.

That's why it is better (if possible, and if you intend to maintain status with MilleMiglia) to use a status card that gets you matched status for all of 2016. Then you don't have to start requalification until 2016 starts.

With so much of 2015 gone, it's going to be hard for status matchees to requalify in the half-year remaining.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kauppias
If it were such then AA platinums would match to Plus 👍😂
Maybe they are!

It seems for BA at least they are guided more by the Emerald/Sapphire/Ruby oneworld scheme!
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
It's by the end of December. MilleMiglia's status qualifying period is aligned to the calendar year.

That's why it is better (if possible, and if you intend to maintain status with MilleMiglia) to use a status card that gets you matched status for all of 2016. Then you don't have to start requalification until 2016 starts.

With so much of 2015 gone, it's going to be hard for status matchees to requalify in the half-year remaining.
Yes, I see that. I'd have liked to maintain status, but it could be mission impossible.

Which is a bit sad: not the best designed way to encourage us to stay.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: SPG Gold,Amex Cent,IC RA,HH Diamond,Marriott Gold,Hyatt Dia,LH FTL,CX Diam,FB Plat
@Matt Newbie

What do you mean with :Send first request 29 june , however not in right format. Resend on 6 July and matched on 16 July.?

I`ve scanned my card and plan to send it as PDF-attachment.Will that be the right format?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
I got matched to Freccia Alata, having sent scans of my Etihad and CX gold (one world sapphire) cards.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 10:40 pm

Maybe they are!

It seems for BA at least they are guided more by the Emerald/Sapphire/Ruby oneworld scheme!
Unfortunately they are not according to reports on this thread

It is too bed they did not offer a full year match to everyone or atleast a challenge to those of us unfortunate enough to have matched with 2016 as to make renewing a feasible option. 80000 miles in 4 months is not feasible for most 😂👍
Old Jul 22, 2015, 2:59 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Hi, for those that have already been matched. Did they send an email once the match has been done, or we have to keep checking our account?

Also any idea how fast/slow the status will be updated to other ST member.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.