Search
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
July 8, 2015
added the actual link
http://www.alitalia.com/gb_en/millem...tus-match.html

Update summary from nufnuf77:

The status update currently seems to take about 15-20 calendar days. No email is sent immediately upon upgrade, but one may be received later (within a week or so). One has to visit the MilleMiglia site and look at one's card displayed under profile. The upgrades are probably processed externally to Alitalia, as neither Freccia Alata Plus line knew anything about it and one member received and email back from external processing team.

Physical card and upgrade voucher code to give status to someone else - 'Freccia Alata for you' are reported to arrive approx 5-10 days after the upgrade has been processed, depending on your postal address.

The coucher for 'Freccia Alata forYou' arrives in the welcome pack and has instructions and rules on how you can use this unique code to upgrade a family member/friend to Freccia Alata status for free. Can only be used once and the person receiving cannot be changed after it is applied.

The 'Business for you' upgrade (4x) is available from the moment one's status shows as Freccia Alata Plus. These 4 upgrade vouchers can be used for oneself or any other nominated person, and can be used by phoning the call centre. To upgrade, the original flight must be booked in P(Classica Plus) or Y, B, M and H(Classica). Upgrade inventory needed seems to be 'Z' class for business and 'A' class for Classica Plus.
It costs: 1 voucher to upgrade P-->Z(Business);
1 voucher for Y/B/M/H-->A(Classica Plus);
2 vouchers to upgrade Y/B/H/M-->Z(Business).

The new expiry date (March 2016 or 2017) will depend on your current status/card submitted, as per this quote from Alitalia:
The new, recognized status will be valid until March 31, 2016. If the status in the existing Frequent Flyer Program expires after March 31, 2016, the equivalent status recognized within the MilleMiglia Program will be valid until March 31, 2017. In no case will lifetime cards be issued.
Matching tiers
Silver level - Ulisse Club
Gold level - Freccia Alata Club <-- Star Alliance Gold
Platinum level - Freccia Alata Plus Club <-- OW Emerald or AA EXP (?)

Successful matches - Please post here any match received, including the status with the original airline, and which status matched to with Alitalia. If the match is already listed, please do not list again. If matched from a status listed to a different status in Millimeglia, post here. Format as below in Alphabetical order:

AA Executive Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
AA Platinum/One World Saphire - Freccia Alata Club
Air Berlin Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
BA Gold/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
BA Silver/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
CX Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Etihad Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Gulf Air Gold- Freccia Alata Club
Lufthansa Senator/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
MH Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Royal Jordanian Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
SAS Eurobonus Diamond/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Turkish Airlines Elite/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Turkish Airlines Elite Plus/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Gold/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
United Airlines Mileage Plus 1K/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Qantas Platinun/oneworld Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus
Print Wikipost

MilleMiglia Status Match?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2015, 12:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by kauppias
Does anyone know if the gifted alata membership is valid till 3/16 or a year or 3/17?

I am referring to the Freccia Alata membership Freccia Alata plus members can gift!
I asked and was told it would be 3/17, but was also told to wait for the voucher code in the mail. If it does not come soon, I will call again and convince them to do it over the phone.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:01 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I asked and was told it would be 3/17, but was also told to wait for the voucher code in the mail. If it does not come soon, I will call again and convince them to do it over the phone.
This is the site to activate the "Freccia Alata for You card": http://www.alitalia.com/it_en/Forms/...ta-per-te.html

In the T&C it says "•The Freccia Alata forYou card has the same expiration date as that of the Freccia Alata Plus card belonging to the person who gave you the voucher "
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Can Frecca Alata (not plus) members gift any status?
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:13 am

Programs: airberlin gold, club carlson gold, hhonors gold
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
Is it normal before upgrading that I cannot login to my account?

(i get wrong number/pin)
i got this too yesterday afternoon. but even after that was sorted out and logged in i still wasnt upgraded.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:14 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Can Frecca Alata (not plus) members gift any status?
No, only Plus
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:17 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by krabbenkopf
This is the site to activate the "Freccia Alata for You card": http://www.alitalia.com/it_en/Forms/...ta-per-te.html

In the T&C it says "•The Freccia Alata forYou card has the same expiration date as that of the Freccia Alata Plus card belonging to the person who gave you the voucher "
Ouch

Too bad, I was hoping to get my kids the Alata card one from my Plus account and one from the MRS but if they are only good till 3/16 wont work for our family trip lounge access back to the drawing board not easy to get afamily of 5 in the lounge 😄😄
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:56 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold
Ouch

Too bad, I was hoping to get my kids the Alata card one from my Plus account and one from the MRS but if they are only good till 3/16 wont work for our family trip lounge access back to the drawing board not easy to get afamily of 5 in the lounge 😄😄
Mine is up for sale
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:03 am

Programs: airberlin gold, club carlson gold, hhonors gold
wanted to add my experience - sent request june 30th evening central european time and upgraded in the past hour to freccia alata plus.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Ouch

Bring your kids to fly to qualify for status (not MR, but actually going somewhere). We have done that and we are all *A Gold except Mr. Nacho
Old Jul 10, 2015, 7:56 am

Requested mine a few hours later than you, so hopefully I'll be getting mine soon.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: EI Gold Circle, A3 *G, AB Gold & 3rd place East Leinster High Jump (1996)
Originally Posted by ZorbaTheGeek
My request went in Tuesday evening June 30th also.

Nothing back as of yet.
Sent a reminder earlier today & the status match has now been effected.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: TK E+ | HHD | Marriott TE LTG | etc.
Has anyone matched from TK Elite Plus to Alata Plus ?
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by nacho
Bring your kids to fly to qualify for status (not MR, but actually going somewhere). We have done that and we are all *A Gold except Mr. Nacho
👍 my kids are just starting to get to that age where flying is fun, but flying with the whole group is made easier with shiny cards as is we will have 2 top tiets so one mid tier and the whole family is set on ST

Perhaps I will be happy with that, I doubt they want to fly 50-100k a year yet 😱😜😜
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: QF WP, SQ & VA Gold, IHG Spire AMB, HH Diamond + BA, AA, CX
Originally Posted by flashware
Yes I matched from QF gold.
Thanks. Still nothing as of just now, but based on other reports they seem to be doing 30/6 at the moment, so I shouldn't be too far off.

I'm waiting for the match to book a flight with Garuda, it's cheaper than BA/QF, but I'll pay the extra for the latter if it's a toss up between status or not!
Old Jul 10, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
Same here sent mine on the 2nd heard nowt, so resent to them....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.