Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double miles in J on all long-haul flights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Double miles in J on all long-haul flights

Hi all, sorry for not being very active recently!

Just wanted to draw attention to this current promotion:

http://www.alitalia.com/it_en/millem...litalia_etihad

That's double miles in J on all long haul AZ and EY flights booked bewteen now and 10 March and flown by 30 May 2015!! (excluding MXP-AUH and VCE-AUH)
In other words 600% miles on AZ
Enjoy!

P.S. the extra miles are not qualifying
Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:12 am

Welcome back, bungler - where have you been?

It's a shame that the extra miles are not qualifying: I've been flying AZ quite a lot recently and it would have been good to reach status with a couple of long haul flights.

G
Old Feb 17, 2015, 6:18 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
that actually looks like a great offer. let's do some basic math:
FCO-LAX: 6134 miles x3 (standard J) / return x2 = 36804 miles.
Multiply by 2: 73k miles, plus the Elite bonus if any (for CFP that is 12k miles total).
Buy the ticket with a Plat Amex AZ if you have it and you add another 8k qualifying miles.

Grand total: 44k qualifying miles, 93k total miles.

So to sum it up you almost qualify for CFA with a single trip and have enough miles for J return award to the US.

Unless I am doing it wrong, this seems like a great deal.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by straniero
that actually looks like a great offer. let's do some basic math:
FCO-LAX: 6134 miles x3 (standard J) / return x2 = 36804 miles.
Multiply by 2: 73k miles, plus the Elite bonus if any (for CFP that is 12k miles total).
Buy the ticket with a Plat Amex AZ if you have it and you add another 8k qualifying miles.

Grand total: 44k qualifying miles, 93k total miles.

So to sum it up you almost qualify for CFA with a single trip and have enough miles for J return award to the US.

Unless I am doing it wrong, this seems like a great deal.
Great deal indeed however, in terms of attracting new customers mainly looking for status and not for [nowadays] useless reward miles, it would have been better to make those extra points qualifying. I've already got a ridiculous amount of miles on my Flying Blue account and, frankly, I have no interest in accruing points through a different program where I have no status. That is obviously me flying between 40/50 times a year and conveying/maximising all segments/miles in just one program, however I am sure that, for people doing more than that and with more than one airline, the deal would definitely make more sense.

G
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:11 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
...for [nowadays] useless reward miles...
I have enough for 2x RTW J trips and can't wait for the moment I will be told there is no award space on any given flight
But, you know, hope never dies.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 3:29 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by straniero
I have enough for 2x RTW J trips and can't wait for the moment I will be told there is no award space on any given flight
But, you know, hope never dies.
I have managed to spend 600k miles since the start of the new program, i.e. in two years. If you need advice... :-)
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:28 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
What is you guys' and gals' take on Premium Economy fares? I do not see them excluded from the promotion explicitly - and with a P + I combo (mileage upgrade), it is a business flight

Thoughts?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 4:08 am
Original Poster

@Alicorporate: Been busy with various things! Also slightly depressed at the lack of good news to do with AZ Let's hope things get better from now on

@straneiro: Yes it's a pretty awesome promotion if you ask me, although the dates are somewhat limited

@goodandclassy: Pretty sure that's not gonna work :-P Or in any case I wouldn't count on it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.